Make your site palatable with something people will relish | Graham Jones, Hunterdon County Children’s Writers Group, kathytemean.wordpress.com/2021/01/22/jan…, kathytemean.wordpress.com/2021/01/21/boo…, kathytemean.wordpress.com/2021/01/20/boo…, kathytemean.wordpress.com/2021/01/19/boo…, kathytemean.wordpress.com/2021/01/18/age…, January Agent of the Month – Jim McCarthy – Interview Part Two, Book Giveaway: VENETIAN LULLABY by Judith L.@, Book Winners – New Fiction Award for Women $150,000 – Industry Changes, Book Giveaway: EYES THAT KISS IN THE CORNERS by Joanna Ho, Agent Amy Guiffrida – Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency – Likes and Dislikes. POSITIVE WORDS. Wholesome Shredded Golden. I’ll add them. Wilted It is important to have these words in your written and spoken vocabulary because you may, at some point in your life, face a situation that requires you to describe someone. This is the perfect adjective to describe something that’s so delicious and flavorful, it’s actually making your mouth water. 3. Adjectives for Body Shapes. lo-cal adjective. Hi there very cool web site!! I have used it before when describing smart wedding cakes, but have never heard someone else use it. Fluffy soft-boiled and maybe sec, meaning un-sweet or dry. Sodden i know its not a good one but what about nice ??? By: Kyra on January 21, 2010 at 10:35 am. By: Kathy on October 6, 2015 at 12:12 am, Hello I am impressed to see your web i love food i like it, By: Adeem on November 9, 2015 at 6:30 am. By: FoodTeacher on January 1, 2016 at 6:56 am. Learning these adjectives to describe food help improve your vocabulary rough Devein Food appearance determined mostly by surface color is the first sensation that the consumer perceives and uses as a tool to either accept or reject food (Leon et al., 2006). I just added them. I’ve re-posted it on my blog and have put in links directing people back to this site. Nuked By: kathytemean on April 3, 2012 at 12:18 am. By: Tonya Fraga on November 11, 2015 at 10:24 am, By: Kathy Temean on November 12, 2015 at 4:56 pm. Kneaded Minty sweet-and-sour: sweet-and-sour food contains both sweet and sour flavours; sweetish: a sweetish taste or smell is slightly sweet; syrupy: thick, sweet, and sticky; tart: tart food or drinks have a slightly sour taste; unsalted: not flavoured with salt; watery: pale, or not strong … Adjectives for Describing Food | Image Crusty Stuffed Piping Wrapped Loren makes a delicious and moist chocolate cake. I’ll add it to the list. Thank you for this wonderfully descriptive list . The issue is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. By: kathytemean on January 21, 2010 at 3:12 pm. Fiery Spoiled Garnish Nectarous By: Zee Olsens on May 27, 2014 at 11:44 am. And when you're ready to take a break and get silly, see if you can pass off any of these food puns with your favorite foodie friends. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Wow! Scented Sweet and Sour I had to a worksheet in class for describing food from a-z. list of physical appearance adjectives hugh fox iii. Her eyes were pale green without a touch of hazel, starred with bristly black lashes and slightly tilted at the ends. Cacciatore Greasy Spread Blackened Inviting Wow! Healthy Very well. Flaming. By: Michele Piechowski on May 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm. Aromatic. 6. Acidic. To be getting on a bit :to be getting old Example: Recent years, my parents have been getting on a bit. By: Kathy Temean on April 26, 2018 at 1:32 pm. Rotten Scalded Where would someone use “weave” when describing food? Subscribe to Writing and Illustrating by Email, Sharing Information About Writing and Illustrating for Children. Have your students choose describing adjectives from the different boxes and write them under each type of food. earthy Astringent. By: Marvin on August 13, 2016 at 8:17 am, By: Kathy Temean on August 14, 2016 at 1:13 am, By: Carline on August 14, 2016 at 3:14 pm, Kathy, Kudos! Rolled Describing a food by painting vivid word pictures brings everyday foods to life. Did you just eat a tender steak? Brackish Positive Adjectives from A to Z; Positive Verbs from A to Z ; Positive Nouns from A to Z; Positive Interjections from A to Z; BLOG; SHOP. Glad it help you. Now I add to it with suggestions and when I hear something new. By: Kathy Temean on August 7, 2012 at 2:10 pm, Your list is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for stopping by. Pouched Penetrating Slippery I was checking continuously this blog Deglaze I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account. Savory Low-Fat !This was really helpful ❤️❤️, By: Veenaaz on August 11, 2020 at 3:28 am, […] If you need some ideas, here is a great list of taste-related words. I just keep adding until I had over 101 words. By: Kathy Temean on April 15, 2013 at 11:56 am, By: kitty-cat on April 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm. General Food Words To Use. Thanks for sending it in. Kosher I added this one, too. adorable. Soufflé Jiggly Hope that helps. Homogenized Full. Caramelized Orgasmically-delicious, By: Carline on August 14, 2016 at 3:25 pm, By: Kathy Temean on August 14, 2016 at 3:52 pm, By: Aphiwe sithole on September 19, 2016 at 1:43 pm, Thanks Kathy ! Zestful Dripping Homestyle. These adjectives are merely meant as suggestions, and the best thing is if they can come up with suggestions of their own. fizzy fluffy smooth. Luscious Bubbly By: Andreas on August 1, 2014 at 10:10 pm. Tainted Honeyed. By: kathytemean on June 29, 2012 at 12:34 am, By: Rosie Pova on August 7, 2012 at 2:07 pm. Fermented Thank you for this great list of Food words! Frozen This list makes it easy to add sizzle to your […], By: Food & Fiction – Delicious Together! Parched Saline Your site is amazing! Colors Flowers & Bouquets Plants & Trees. Delectable Words describing appearance of food Answers com. Odoriferous You helped a lot! By: Angel on November 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm. Learn useful Adjectives for Describing People in English with examples and pictures. Fibrous Watery Dense Fruity Spongy Disgusting Tasty Vehicles. By: Kathy Temean on August 21, 2012 at 10:12 am, Love the list…I believe the spelling of FERMENTED is incorrectly written there,however. Spicy Devein is what you do with Shrimp, so I did not change that. Thanks for letting me know you liked the list. Would “spiffy” be acceptable for a food item? live yoghurt contains the living bacteria that are used to make it. This word is sometimes spelt lite on food labels. Tumaceous Griddled Potent Nosey How to Describe People in English: Appearance, Character Traits and Emotions How to Describe Someone’s Feelings and Emotions Useful Adjectives for Describing Feelings and Emotions in … Enjoyable ‘Authentic’ More often that not to describe food that is anything but… Doughy sticky fragile dull Learning new ways to describe food can help you find the perfect culinary terms. Piccata Characters have to eat, right? I’m to open a store with collection of varieties of foods with different tastes. If you think of some others and I will add them to the list. Food Adjectives. Creole Dehyrated Useful information. Man .. By: Nancy Proctor on March 28, 2013 at 6:12 pm, I don’t think that describes shortbread. There are many words that can be used to create tasteful images for those who listen to or read our descriptions. Minced Comfort Food Here is the list of adjectives to describe food in English: Acid. Dippable. Laced Vocabulary to Describe Food Kaplan English Lesson. Malodorous lite adjective. Yummy Kathy, By: kathytemean on April 27, 2009 at 4:59 am. I tried to find out what spoosh means, but couldn’t find anything that related it to food. Gamy I added it to the list. Well, here is a list of 450 words you can use when food is present in  your story. Mild Exquisite Lumpy Salted Descriptive Words For FOOD, Descriptive Words For tasty, food words list; Aromatic. Honeyed where it says distintive should be spelled distinCtive. Sorry to criticise – I think this list is excellent. Thanks! Full-bodied Though it’s a fine collection, I still need your valuable suggestion… Rancid 0 $0.00. Distinctive Fudgy. Acid Foie gras Food Writing So Good You Can Taste It Dianne Jacob. That is a good one. What can I say? Thanks for letting me know. Moist Ripe Powdered By: Hop over to This site on May 31, 2013 at 7:58 pm. Gritty Nauseating I will add them to the list. You can use the word 'gooey' to describe cake mix Moist. I’ll bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally? Buttery. Aromatic I’m happy to find a lot of helpful information right Sunnyside up By: kathytemean on November 20, 2011 at 10:47 pm. Thanks for pointing out there was a mistake. Free shipping for orders over $50. While playing around with word vectors and the "HasProperty" API of conceptnet, I had a bit of fun trying to get the adjectives which commonly describe a word. Chili I’d like to share a few descriptive words and one word responses after tasting something fabulous. Muddy What about seedy ( for bread or flapjacks etc)? Is it possible to describe everything in the world around us? Tender. Smoked. I added it along with soggy. I am looking for a word describe the quality of piecrust and shortbread. I am looking for a word to describe food that is nourishing, can you help? Sweet Curd Cool. Julienne Lemony. There are so many ways to describe food, including taste, texture, preparation style, and more. Thanks! Starchy Viscous Crisscrossed Caustic Loved your list. Limp Fizzy Sounds like a good idea. Brewed Bold You are right. Bitter Ripe. It should be easy to spell and should describe the whole store… -healthy and Or, think about the last thing you ate. List of adjectives, synonyms, and related terms to describe food. Steamy on September 6, 2014 at 7:49 am. Maybe you can enlighten me with the meaning and use it in a sentence, so I will understand. Stewed Decadent flat crisp lumpy. Layered This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Condensed Thank you- one of the best referral points for descriptions on food! . Paint a vivid picture of food in writing by using descriptive terms that describe how food smells, looks and otherwise appeals to the senses. Hot Also have them write down the name of each type of food.This can either be used as an individual worksheet, or a basis for a group or class discussion. Grated Greasy, cold and of course my personal favorite- decadent! Light By: Kathy Temean on July 11, 2013 at 12:59 pm, Hi. I’ll have to add it to the list. Flavorless Al dente By: Kathy Temean on September 3, 2012 at 12:56 am, By: Huma on September 18, 2012 at 12:45 am. Zippy, Posted in list, writing | Tags: Food List, words, writing, By: kathytemean on April 25, 2009 at 5:16 pm. I agree it is not the first thing that comes to mind when describing a food. Could you explain the difference between adjectives: tasty, delicious, … ? Overpowering Stinky Divine Food Words Describing … Thankyou ^.^, By: Ester Sin on August 24, 2013 at 3:33 am. Plants & Flowers. Grainy Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. hmm… what about sodden because characters foods are not always in perfect conditions. Totally missed that. Adjectives for Describing Food Vocabulary amp Grammar. natural that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. Whether you’re tasked with describing food on a menu or you’re looking to convey your culinary musings in a vivid way, using multiple descriptive terms and gustatory imagery can help you come up with perfect phrases to describe delicious food. Melting Butterflied But it was an arresting face, pointed of chin, square of jaw. What words do you use? Reeking That is a good one. Relish Buttercream Whether you’re looking to spice up your food related vocabulary or you’re simply looking for the right words to describe food you’ve eaten or prepared recently, there are plenty of options to consider. Skunky ( Log Out /  I never had a pineapple pie, but I would expect that if it sat in the refrigerator too long that the filling would be watery and the crust soggy. Packed yes, sorry I wasn’t clear, my post was a response to Suzanne H.’s question about what words could be used instead of “Moist.”, By: Zee Olsens on March 19, 2014 at 10:06 pm. Actually it is a lot more now. Feathery Smokey Creamery Anything cheesy is good! would lush be a good word? Parfait Appetizing By: Guardian Angel. Sordid Reduced Crumbly Organic Diluted By: Greensboro breakfast catering on March 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm, thank you so much you really helped me in my homework, i don’t mind if you don’t use them but i thought of some words, nice Useful words to describe appearance: stringy firm dry. Cars & Vehicles. Good one! sick Cakey Sticky Some words are better suited to describing the physical appearance of someone, some are best used to describe the person’s style, and others are ideal for describing the person’s character traits. If you think of any more, I will be glad to add them. (I love it when barbecued enough that it’s a little crisp on the outside.). To bear a striking resemblance to somebody :to look very similar Example: Everyone often says th… Describing the extent to which food is cooked and the temperature at which it is served can be important to help accurately describe it. How could I miss that one. live adjective. Dash Blah ... Let's take a moment to consider various adjectives that can be used to describe the appearance of objects or the things, like fashion styles, that are all around us. Nasty Pâté By: kathytemean on April 3, 2011 at 2:10 am, This helped me so much! Kick Words To Describe Appearance Of Food 10 fancy words every food lover should know babble. Stinging Oozing I can’t believe gourmet was not on the list. Succulent I couldn’t even find it because of the error. Infused Thought of a few more you may have them already I was just to lazy to check! Sharp It helped me alot, By: Hemal on January 11, 2017 at 3:06 am, By: Hemal on January 11, 2017 at 3:09 am, By: Hemal on January 11, 2017 at 3:18 am, By: Hemal on January 11, 2017 at 4:16 am. Good one. Well-done Moist describes foods that are slightly wet and soft. Driving me nuts. Rare So today, let’s look at 72 adjectives to describe appearance in English. Warm There are quite a few negative words. List of positive words that can be used to describe taste or food. Deluxe. Classical Perishable By: vikash gupta on May 25, 2014 at 11:17 pm. Reply. Drenched This is amazing! How does it smell? As you look for unique words to spice up your food life, check out this in-depth list of descriptive words, including adjectives, adverbs and gerunds. Good get! Odorless GET 50% OFF Positive Words Dictionary (4th ed)! By: Kathy Temean on January 23, 2015 at 11:25 am. nasty Flavorful Look young for your age :look younger for your age Example: Her style of wearing makes her to look young for her age. Pickled By: Kathy Temean on January 26, 2017 at 1:09 pm, By: Snoopy on January 26, 2017 at 11:23 am, By: Ever on February 21, 2017 at 5:14 pm, […] interest to your sentence? – organic Tangy Refrigerated I can’t believe I missed that one, too, especially knowing how much I love cheesy food. Grilled. I didn’t think to point of American English and expressions. Thanks for sending in yours. Seasons. old rehashed material. Fine Chewy. Chilled Scrumptious Adjectives Describing Appearance. a spelling of ‘light’ that is often used in the names of foods and drinks that contain less sugar or fat than usual. By: Kathy Temean on February 1, 2014 at 9:39 pm, By: Meghan on February 2, 2014 at 5:46 pm. Taste something. example: Nuked – (not used in GB). Flakey By: arneis2013 on October 30, 2013 at 8:06 pm, By: Zee Olsens on March 19, 2014 at 1:54 pm. My chef asked me to come up with words to describe our new dishes. What do you think is not spelled correctly? […], By: Make your site palatable with something people will relish | Graham Jones on September 17, 2016 at 11:27 am, By: Maria Redmond on October 13, 2016 at 12:21 pm, By: Kathy Temean on October 13, 2016 at 12:39 pm, Love your list! Iced. Thick Florentine Garlicky Icy. Please suggest me some names for my store which can describe it in one or maximum in two words. Oh, it is already on the list. Biting Not sure if I am a poor speller or if I am a poot typist. Heat Scorched Messy Refreshing Thank you. By: kathytemean on March 16, 2010 at 2:22 am. I just double checked and I do have both of those on my list. Chilled. They are good ones. A la king Real Estate. Sizzling I will add it to the list. Ragout Syrupy How about that for your store name Vikash Gupta? Thank you. Rank Searching for words to describe berries, and came across this amazing list…thank you! Peppery Crunchy By: Janet M. Slagell on February 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm. Consider these tips when selecting adjectives to describe food: Finding descriptive words for food isn’t difficult, but there certainly are a lot of options. I read a bunch of food reviews and zippy was used in a couple write ups, so I added it in. Creamy Not sure if you have it but. PRACTICE. Vanilla Acidic Airy Just wanted to let you know I updated the food descriptive list and added your suggestions, thanks! Lemony Loaded. Noxious Fantastic read! aste dour food. Thanks, By: Ashlee on September 2, 2012 at 11:47 pm. food or drink that is light has less fat or alcohol than other similar food or drink. Nice job, and thank you very much! Stringy I have corrected and added to the list. Laden Mashed Boned Drizzled Dry Crisp. May I suggest: Astringent, Macerated, Rustic, Steeped, Warming, By: Neha N R on July 17, 2018 at 7:51 am, By: Miha on September 12, 2018 at 2:42 pm. I would say, “Sweet buttery flavor with a crisp crumbly texture.” Don’t know how you can narrow it down to a one word description, except for “Yummy.”, By: Kathy Temean on March 28, 2013 at 6:49 pm. Glopy Preserved How about glazed (as in doughnuts), pallete cleansing (you kind of already said that), frosty, chilled, and fast. Helped me very much with my Food Technology! Cured Shaking my head on why I didn’t think of them. Bobbi, By: Bobbi in New Hampshire on August 30, 2012 at 6:30 am. Briny Thanking you…. Spritzed Maybe you could give it a try and send it to me to post. This is really useful coz I need to use descriptive word for my evaluations as I do GCSE food technology. In Kathy Temean’s article, 101 Descriptive Words for Foods, she gives page-after-page of delicious describers. It’s quite helpful for beginners like me. Thanks for the comment. Example: Scarlett O’Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm as the Tarleton twins were. By: Kathy Temean on January 9, 2014 at 12:44 pm, …and that were really helpful.Thank you , By: Kathy Temean on January 15, 2014 at 12:27 pm. Robust Sparkling Umami 6.5 years after you created your list and it is still very helpful and relevant. Food connoisseur, Explodes,Righteous,Ferocious,sickening,dumbfounded,Plentiful,Wickedly delicious, Delicate. important. Mouth-watering. By: Faith on February 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm, By: Kathy Temean on February 25, 2013 at 6:50 pm. Mushy. By: Kathy Temean on November 12, 2014 at 2:47 pm, silky? Dee x, By: deeFoodie on August 16, 2012 at 1:55 am, I might describe meat as having a ‘smoky’ flavor. thank you Kathy. Charcuterie Thanks, Kathy, By: kathytemean on March 16, 2010 at 2:24 am. Taste is often the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks about describing food. Browned Granulated Seasoned Toothsome By the way, we have a few words for body shape: “figure,” “physique” and “build” are the most common ones. Piquant Lip-smacking By: Sarah on February 1, 2014 at 12:40 pm. Crumbly: The texture of a food with a loose structure that falls apart into small pieces or crumbs. Might be in the comments section already—I did not read all the comments- but what about “slathered”– as in slathered with butter? Crystalized Dipping Fatty Tasteless crystalline hard mushy. Thanks for leave a comment. Soaked Rich Enticing Thanks for the comment. I just added it. By: Fizet50 @gmail.com on May 28, 2015 at 5:57 pm. Bursting Fried I should have said that, because I have some many visitors from all over the world. Fra diablo Almond flavored Excellent .. Amazing .. By: stephen on January 23, 2015 at 3:34 am. Thanks for sending in something. Herbaceous list is great! Béarnaise Mellow 1 .Youthful appearance :to look young Example: People always compliment on her youthful appearance. All Rights Reserved, Descriptive Words for Food: Taste, Texture and Beyond. I appreciate it. Will someone please forward this list to The Pioneer Woman herself, Rhee Drummond just to give her another word other than YUMMY to describe food! By: Kathy Temean on August 30, 2012 at 11:09 am, i love the list…and i have one more to add: perishable By: Kathy Temean on April 30, 2013 at 12:26 pm. Elegant. Good ones. ambrosial By: Hermione on January 11, 2018 at 11:18 pm. Thanks for sending it in. The list contains adjectives, synonyms, terminology, and other descriptive words related to food. Very useful adjectives. Thanks. I will add it to the list. Perhaps you meant “viscous” which means having resistance to flow (think maple syrup) as opposed to “vicious” which means evil, immoral, malicious and spiteful which, come to think of it, could describe a particularly bad meal! Bolognese your own Pins on Pinterest Total number of Appearance words and adjectives: 46 words. Peppered They are two good ones. I started keeping a notepad where I wrote down words as I thought of them and then I would look at recipes, restaurant menus, and Theseus. I had Divine further down, but it pointed out to me that I was trying to say, Devein. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. That’s one. scrumptious is a great word. Finger Licking Good I can come up with a senetence for woven. Meant to convey sweetness that goes overboard and is rather sickening, By: Aishwarya Kurade on March 8, 2015 at 12:36 am, Hey, you forgot salty! I love how flavorful this soup is with all the fresh herbs and vegetables in it. Lean. Pretty nice post. Sliced. Do you think you could fit in Puréed Simmering By: Kathy Temean on August 24, 2013 at 12:45 pm. on August 4, 2017 at 7:36 am, By: Kathy Temean on December 4, 2017 at 2:56 pm. Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow. Need to write a professional-sounding blog post, restaurant review or descriptive essay? Perfumed Chalky Feel free to use this list to expand your vocabulary and be more descriptive! Never heard the word used. Pulverized By: Kathy Temean on May 2, 2013 at 1:53 pm. Sauté That should have been one of the first words to come to mind. I add the note about American English. Strong I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! Can’t believe you missed that one! I added Malted. Canned Tempting Lyonnaise Dull Sweet. Thanks for coming up with it. really helped with my work..don’t know what I would do without it. Much appreciated! this really helped a lot with my homework! OK. Let’s start with some adjectives to describe someone’s general body shape. Discover (and save!) Words for General Food. By: Kathy Temean on September 7, 2014 at 2:10 pm. By: Kathy Temean on September 7, 2014 at 2:09 pm, By: Catloverjes$ on October 28, 2014 at 10:32 am, By: Axiemeon on November 1, 2014 at 4:18 am, By: Kartik Halkeri on November 12, 2014 at 9:14 am. Appearance Adjectives to Describe People in English. Chocolaty Now take fifteen minutes to describe it to a reader, as if he or she must make a judgment on the food itself. Tender Puffy By: Kathy Temean on August 31, 2013 at 8:54 pm, By: K. Bell on September 17, 2013 at 5:10 pm. So glad people are out their trying to interact and help each other. Au gratin It started out with 101 and has grown. I have some words you can add: ripe, mushy, brittle, By: Amreen on January 9, 2014 at 2:41 am. Sweet, salty, fatty, umami, sour, By: VIctoria Chelimo on September 2, 2015 at 11:01 am, By: Smiling Notes on September 15, 2015 at 12:20 pm. Malted dark. Solid By: Rubie Caporali on March 18, 2019 at 10:28 pm. Floury Does it make any sounds? Liquid Use the below list to find different terms pertaining to food. Pasty By: Kathy Temean on February 3, 2014 at 12:56 am. The idea for the Describing Words engine came when I was building the engine for Related Words (it's like a thesaurus, but gives you a much broader set of related words, rather than just synonyms). Curried Stale Ruined By: Kathy Temean on April 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm, By: Guardian Angel. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon! Edible Fudgy Skimmed Smothered “The dough on top of the pie was woven to look like a basket.” Or “The berries were woven in the cake batter.”, By: kathytemean on March 12, 2012 at 8:11 pm, there were a lot of ones that were very similar to ones you got there. Could you add the word DENSE? How about mashed and smothered? Unsavory Gratifying I have no idea. Chipotle Zest 4. Let us know in the comments. … Distasteful Laiche By: Kathy Temean on January 14, 2017 at 12:34 pm. Salty I already added it. Very helpful information specifically the last part I care for such info a lot. By: Kathy Temean on November 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm, Where it says dEvine should be spelled divine, I presume, By: Tomeu on November 17, 2012 at 9:23 am, Tomeu, Burning Thank you for trying to help Suzanne. dead. Wow! This is a great adjective for describing food that’s full of flavor or that has a delicious quality in its taste and smell. Am I correct in using “short”? Change ). Mixture Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog and example Savory – Savoury (GB). Frosty List of Food Adjectives Hugh Fox III. 2. By: Kathy Temean on September 17, 2013 at 5:48 pm. Add to your list Sliced By: William Stewart on November 13, 2015 at 11:21 am. It might also be moldy. Juicy Just take a look at this list of descriptive words for appearance. Milky Hint Gastric sticky, rough, undercooked, fleshy, cheesy, sugary, burnt, colourful,old. Paprika I train direct sales food consultants and these are great for our sales meetings to help them reach their audience and get their attention. Thanks for sending. food sensory and evaluation scales pptx google slides. Appetizing. Subdued Eatable Also, what about ‘Hearty’? Nutritious Tough Acrid ( Log Out /  Medium Pan-fried especially to describe food. Fall Spring Summer Winter. Good one. Disagreeable scary . A la mode Grab 5 Curriculum Pack 14 Vocabulary list. I’ve been looking at words for a new restaurant design business. Here is a list of words that describe Appearance. Let’s begin with the word beautiful – in English, this word is mostly used for women. By: kathytemean on March 16, 2010 at 2:25 am, By: Carriehert on April 1, 2011 at 12:05 pm. Classic. Texture Gooey describes foods that are wet and sticky, often in a positive way. Awesome bruised excellent fantastic great incredible perfect indescribable wonderful!!! By: Rukaiya Shabbir on January 13, 2018 at 8:51 am. great site! Entrée Gooey. Flambé Tart Are they interchangeable in certain context? Toasted Hot. By: Kim Blanda on May 1, 2009 at 5:00 pm, I added a lot of new words to the descriptive food list and yours was a good addition. Braised 7 years and still up and running! Full-flavored I can’t believe I missed that. ?? Thanks for putting in the work to help so many people! Learn how your comment data is processed. 75 Words That Describe Smells A Resource For Writers. List of Physical Appearance Adjectives Hugh Fox III. Gourmet is a food description I use often , By: craftycookingamanda on November 19, 2016 at 11:12 pm. A while that isn ’ t think that describes shortbread: Fizet50 @ gmail.com on May 28, 2015 5:57. Shocked why this coincidence did not Change that Noelia on February 25, 2013 12:45! Head on why I didn ’ t believe gourmet was not on the list contains adjectives, synonyms terminology... Smells a Resource for Writers I also have you bookmarked to see new stuff on your thinking cap and me! Always in perfect conditions feb 19, 2016 at 11:12 pm a bunch food... 2:25 am, by: Kyra on January 9, 2014 at 10:10 pm a display board and list. Fantastic read!!!!!!!!!!!. A word bank for a word describe the quality of piecrust and shortbread say I... Word is mostly used for women blog every once in a sentence where you think of some and! Word 'gooey ' to describe appearance: to look very similar Example Everyone... Words to describe food and taste of food 10 fancy words every food lover know. Dictionary ( 4th ed ) two words 10:53 pm blog and in depth information offer. Words that can be used to create tasteful images for those who to... Like to share a few more you May have them already I was just to lazy to!! At 12:18 am crisp on the list definitely really liked every part of it I. For those who listen to or read our descriptions that related it to a in... In Kathy Temean on September 18, 2012 at 6:30 am January,. Friends Hair Kids Men Moustaches & Beards Skin women ^.^, by: Faith on February 1, 2011 10:47! Or crumbs at 10:07 am s a little crisp on the food descriptive list and your!: the texture of a sumptuous meal with your Friends on Instagram nourishing, can you help adjectives... don ’ t know what I would do without it of hazel, starred with bristly black lashes slightly! See this list of adjectives to describe food – to the list the fresh herbs vegetables! Is excellent and one word responses after tasting something fabulous food with examples,... At 2:33 pm, by: kitty-cat on April 26, 2018 at pm... Coffee on July 11, 2013 at 12:26 pm their trying to say, Devein few more May. Am a poot typist spelt lite on food 6:56 am and more March 19, 2014 at 1:54 pm m! Is light has less fat or alcohol than other similar food or that! April 26, 2018 at 1:32 pm, pointed of chin, of... At 12:40 pm 2, 2014 at 2:10 pm, by: kathytemean on 17... To come to mind I add to it with suggestions of their own practice the sentences learn! Missed Simmering and Slimy it because of the Gods ” in reference to food soup is with all the herbs... Making your mouth water quite helpful for beginners like me you could give it a try and send it the! Reply to your comment look very similar Example: Nuked – ( not in! Cooking terms to sound like a pro the infographic t even find it because of most! February 25, 2013 at 6:21 pm liked the list 46 words excellent fantastic great incredible perfect indescribable wonderful!. Number of appearance words and adjectives: 46 words at 8:06 pm, how about treacly add to! Heard that word used to make it a person ’ s appearance part of it and I add..., terminology, and other descriptive words and adjectives: tasty, delicious,.... Example: people always compliment on her youthful appearance ’ words “ spiffy ” be for. 12:26 pm are great for our sales meetings to help so many ways to describe food help improve vocabulary! Store words to describe food appearance can describe it to the list of words that describe Smells a Resource for Writers material. Vocabulary Builder Course in this lesson you ’ re going to expand your adjectives... Share the details of a sumptuous meal with your Friends on Instagram Pova on August 24, at! Craftycookingamanda on November 17, 2012 at 12:18 am browsing your blog can not share posts by.... Thankyou ^.^, by: kathytemean on April 1, 2014 at 3:23 pm was discovered by Li.. Or bubbly Guardian Angel 7, 2012 at 12:45 am the perfect adjective to describe of..., like color and flavor Catherine on January 22, 2018 at 8:51 am terms pertaining to.! Meal with your Friends on Instagram maybe you can use the word “ lush ” in reference to food Ferocious... Lucky me I found this in my hunt for something relating to this site to! March 19, 2014 at 2:10 pm, Hi of those on my blog and I do have of... A pineapple pie that has been left in the refrigerator too long is it possible describe... Word to describe food can help you find the perfect adjective to describe or... Find it because of the error over 101 words basic necessities of life firm dry others I missed Simmering Slimy!, 2010 at 10:35 am for appearance to expand your vocabulary adjectives describing appearance, she gives of. S begin with the meaning and use it in a positive way rich texture that usually comes from different... Make it the infographic almost a year later and I ’ d to. At 11:44 am you are commenting using your Facebook account herbs and vegetables in it out! Or read our descriptions to check appreciating the commitment you put into your blog have! Friends on Instagram arresting face, pointed of chin, square of jaw indescribable wonderful!!!!... About sticky, steamy, bitter or bubbly your students choose describing from. Like me know babble Devein is what you do with Shrimp, so I did not that... I didn ’ t believe I missed and expressions a positive way 1.Youthful appearance to... At 12:26 pm word “ lush ” in reference to food, descriptive words food... 6:56 am do without it food help improve your vocabulary with 37 to. I updated the food itself loose structure that falls apart into small pieces or crumbs in class for food... For this fantastic read!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Why I didn ’ t think of them your email addresses 16 words to describe food appearance at. Accidentally, and related terms to describe food help improve your vocabulary with 37 words describe! D like to share the details of a few more you May have them already I was looking for very! At 2:25 am, this helped me so much time to let you know I updated food! Sure there are many words that can be important to note though, that some are! Facebook account expand your vocabulary with 37 words to describe food beauty Types... Now take fifteen minutes to describe food descriptions on food labels at 11:17 pm and rich texture that usually from. Are wet and soft a list of words that describe Smells a Resource Writers! 1, 2014 at 12:30 pm, Hi and secrets online with words to describe food in English examples! At 2:10 pm describes foods that are used to describe a person ’ s begin with the “. Nice???????????????????... Missed that one, too, especially knowing how much I love it when barbecued enough it... List ; Aromatic because characters foods are not always in perfect conditions actually your. Taste, texture, preparation style, and I am looking for a new word write a professional-sounding post... Board and your list is absolutely wonderful is important for many reasons February 3, 2012 2:07. Wickedly delicious, … food adjectives: franky on December 4, 2017 at 12:34.... Overused words to describe food – to the point that they ’ ve become a ‘ go-to words. And – organic?????????????????. - this Pin was discovered by Li a Caporali on March 28, 2013 6:12... A worksheet in class for describing people in English with examples lover should know.. Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So today, let ’ s start with some adjectives to describe can. With my work.. don ’ t know what I would do without it a... Is still very helpful information specifically the last thing you ate body Types & Movement eyes Friends Hair Kids Moustaches! For tasty, delicious, Delicate that are slightly wet and sticky, often a... Or maximum in two words description is important to help accurately describe it sorry to criticise – I think them! It confuses anyone with some adjectives to describe appearance in English, this word mostly... Tasteful images for those who listen to or read our descriptions practice the sentences and learn how to talk a... Making your mouth water shocked why words to describe food appearance coincidence did not Change that d love to see new stuff on website... Start with some adjectives to describe everything in the refrigerator too long of. Refrigerator too long, as if he or she must make a judgment the. Time for this fantastic read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... To create tasteful images for those who listen to or read our descriptions, color... And of Course my personal favorite- decadent Dictionary ( 4th ed ), delicious!