Honestly? This maple glazed bacon recipe is sure to become your favorite breakfast side dish. This is also just a spin on candied bacon. If the bacon is not crispy enough (remember it’ll crisp up as it cools), flip the bacon over, spoon any … I know. So, placing the bacon in a cold oven and then turning the oven on allows the bacon to slowly cook while the oven heats. So here’s what I’m going to tell you to do. Honestly? You just need enough to thoroughly brush over the slice. I don’t see why not. So, I was working on developing a recipe for my next post. I’d like to say it was the mother of invention, but hey, I can’t take credit for inventing the stuff. Let any excess sugar fall back into the bowl.) Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then serve. Candied Turkey Bacon. I mean, it was definitely on my mind to post it someday, but not today. Whatever the case, “someday” turned out to be today. I’m so happy you’re here! :-). It will vary with convection vs. conventional ovens. The bacon was delish. You’re going to put your bacon into a cold oven (on the middle rack) and then set the temperature to 350 degrees F. Cooking bacon slowly renders out the most fat. Plus, I’m usually flipping pancakes or scrambling eggs on top of the stove, so getting the bacon going in the oven first works great so that when everything else is done cooking, I can just pull this perfectly crisp bacon straight from the oven and transfer it to a platter to serve up with the rest of breakfast. Drizzle maple syrup over the slices and using a pastry brush, evenly distribute it over the top all of the slices. | Privacy Policy. We bake it all the time and as you can imagine, it disappears so fast! I like my label to just say, “maple syrup.”. Preheat the oven to 350°F and set a rack in middle position. Serve at … I didn’t wait to find out. And really, not even this year. For this, I took a measurement for you. Tag @thebakermama on Instagram and hashtag it #thebakermama, Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen.com says. Then, I have to remember what the main recipe is to get to the related recipe. do you use 100% maple syrup or something like Log cabin? You don’t really need a measurement though. I don’t know. Arrange the bacon slices on the wire rack, leaving 1/4 inch between each. Because that recipe? Do you know what I mean? Sweet candied bacon is better! Mine took between 25-30 minutes. Good maple syrup can be pricey. Bake at 350 … Same step. I know it’s cliche, but really, bacon kinda does make everything better, doesn’t it? You take bacon, maple syrup, brown sugar and red pepper flakes— whip them together in a recipe and what do you get? Maple syrup is generally sold in 3 grades light, medium or dark amber. Place baking sheet into a cold oven on the middle rack. I was over it. I assume that’s because it’s so much more expensive per pound that they dare not package it in a 16 ounce package or the comparison in price to typical bacon would be even more alarming than it already is. I did this to avoid having too much excess syrup and sugar falling on the baking pan, worried that it would burn well before my bacon was done. Drizzle means drizzle, not pour. I’m not going to go into all of the details of that now; you’ll hear all about next week. It was more of a fleeting thought like…”Someday, I should do a quick post for candied bacon.” That’s it. Add the maple syrup and process until the nuts are finely ground and the mixture resembles coarse wet sand. Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days. At this point, I was ready to flip them for the final coating of sugar. It. So this is a little like that, but without the biscuits. I love it because the extra bonus is that there’s no planning ahead or waiting for preheating. Combine the brown sugar and pecans in a food processor and process until the pecans are finely ground. Copyright © document.write(new Date().getFullYear());, THE MERCHANT BAKER LLC, All Rights Reserved, SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR FREE NEWSLETTER, RECIPES & MORE TO YOUR INBOX, Fluffy Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes with Brown Sugar Spiced Cheesecake Topping. The keys to success with this is to use pure and only pure maple syrup. Yep, somewhere along the way I decided I needed to add some candied bacon to my recipe. As the bacon bakes, the glaze gets gooey, and sticky and helps the bacon to crisp up to an irresistible texture. It’s generally corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, flavorings and a bunch of other things. Use the pastry brush to distribute it evenly. I only bought a couple of smaller bottles. This one is easy. At least I had hoped it would. Candied bacon will change your life! Some bacon is sliced thick, some thin. One pan will be used to prep the bacon. Bacon bliss! Sure to be just as amazing! Preheat your oven to 350 F. Wrap a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack. Someday. Place the bacon on the top rack of the oven and then turn the oven on to 400°F. This is how I bake bacon when I’m just making regular ole’ bacon for breakfast. O. Ver. I always use 100% real maple syrup. Just try to pull off a pillowy sticky piece of that yum and not go back for more. Preheat oven to 275°F. (Alternatively, put the brown sugar in a bowl, add all the maple-coated slices of bacon, and toss gently to coat. Simply spread the bacon out on the pan. I mean really, what’s not to love about bacon on or with just about anything and everything?! You should use your favorite bacon. Now, the bacon wasn’t going to “fix” the issues I was facing, but once I fixed the issues, the bacon was definitely going to take it to another level. I’m backing up the big truck next time I’m there.). https://thebakermama.com/recipes/baked-maple-brown-sugar-bacon I didn’t want to risk burning the sugar by immediately exposing it to a high heat oven before we had fully cooked bacon. If it’s nowhere near being done, check it again in 5 minutes and keep adding time as necessary. One to prep the bacon, the other to cook the bacon. Drizzle it with maple syrup. “Pancake Syrup” is not maple syrup. It looks pretty amazing doesn’t it? I was over it. You’re welcome, Joe! You might not. I know that’s a mouthful, but that’s how we roll with bacon. $94.90 $ 94. Check it at 15 minutes. At least I had hoped it would. Baking time is going to vary. Enjoy! Then I like to transfer it to a parchment or waxed paper lined sheet while the sugars are still hot and syrupy. I used an organic, uncured, nitrate free, applewood smoked bacon. Brush both sides of the bacon with maple syrup. Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Bacon is oven baked and uses just three simple ingredients. Perfect for breakfast or as a fun addition to sweet and savory recipes. That’s right. I chopped it up and topped these yummy muffins with it! But again, if you’re a sweet and salty lover…I’m pretty sure you’re just going to want it. Invert to coat the other side. This is our absolute favorite bacon! Your email address will not be published. Works beautifully in these two instances. However, once it did all work out, I thought about putting both recipes in one post. I prefer that you use some type of smoked bacon just because the whole salty, smokey, sweet flavor combo really works well here. My slices were medium thick. And, I had been pretty successful of late with most of my recipes, a lucky streak, if you will. The bacon was delish! Then, I flipped the strips and repeated the process. Place a slice of bacon on the brown sugar, patting to help the brown sugar adhere to the bacon, coating both sides. Mine took between 25 and 30 minutes. Transfer baking tray to smoker and close lid. It will vary based on your oven and whether it runs hot or cold. Be sure to use thick-cut bacon, brush it with lots of maple syrup and sprinkle it generously with dark brown sugar. Bake the bacon for 30 minutes or until browned and starting to blacken a bit around the edges, rotating after 15 minutes. I jumped over from Foodgawker b/c your gorgeous photo lured me in. Line two baking sheets with foil. Just a few tips to its terrific taste! It was a total of 1/4 cup. Thanks Ramona, for the great tips on how to make this tasty looking glazed bacon. It would have some crispy edges, but it would be more meaty with a hearty chew. However, I was totally cool with extra syrup or sugar in the prep pan. :-) I am indeed a sweet-savory lover and this bacon looks SO yummy. While its hot, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to cool. The first step is to line a baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe cooling rack on the cookie sheet. Smoke for 15 … Just don’t do it. […]. Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. That’s pretty much what my mind is thinking all the time! Heat just until warm (stovetop or microwave). Hey, remember Sticky Maple Bacon Biscuits? And put the bacon in the oven while it preheats to cook it to the perfect crispness. Required fields are marked *. Now, the bacon wasn’t going to “fix” the issues I was facing, but once I fixed the issues, the bacon was definitely going to take it to another level. Or maybe frustration/desperation/lost patience was the mother. Use real maple syrup. I love bacon by itself, of course, as well as in sandwiches, baked into brownies, sprinkled over a pizza, mixed into ice cream, and wait for it…crumbled over a pie. I give it just a few minutes on the rack. Why waste it in the bottom of the pan? You’ll see in the photos that there’s one pan that doesn’t have the cooking rack, and the one that does. Flip the bacon over and transfer the slices to the baking pan with the rack. I’m sure it’s possible, but I’ve never personally seen it happen. It’s also how I cook my Spinach Feta Egg White Cups. I’m not giving you a measurement for this, but I did take a photo so you can see how much I used. It had been awhile since a recipe tried my patience as much as the one that was currently on my plate. In a large bowl, add the maple syrup, brown sugar, Dijon … Once it’s done, remove it from the oven. (The sugar will begin to mix with the syrup already on the bacon.) Check at 15 minutes, then every 2-5 minutes until bacon is deeply browned and shiny. Step 5: Indirect grill the bacon until browned and crisp and the sugar is caramelized, 15 … The quality of the maple syrup affects the taste and color of the bacon giving it a deep amber color. Brush the warmed sugar mixture over the bacon strips. Sugar burns and while some is going to definitely end up in the bottom of the pan during cooking, I didn’t want extra, so I took the precaution. It is that good. You might simply want it for a whole other recipe, or you might want it for a sandwich, or as is for breakfast, or as is for a snack…. (I don't really measure the brown sugar.) Enjoy! Next up, the brown sugar. Just sprinkle the sugar down each slice. Also, in the back of my mind, I thought if the recipe I was working on simply didn’t work out, I’d just post the bacon and call it a day. Pat dry … So, I gave the bacon it’s very own post. To learn more about me, click here. Add the salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and pulse to combine. Hi Amy! Much easier and way less of a mess for me than frying it. Dip the bacon strips into the mixture, letting the excess drip off before placing them on the baking pan. Place the pecans, pistachios, brown sugar, rosemary, cayenne pepper and salt in a food processor. Feel free to use your favorite bacon. I’ve never been a huge bacon fan, but this sounds and looks amazing. Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Bacon checks all the boxes for those who are more than happy to have their smokey bacon mingle with the pools of maple syrup on a plate of pancakes. In this case, necessity was the mother of necessity. Copyright © 2021 The BakerMama, LLC, All Rights Reserved. It’s annoying and I try to avoid it where possible. Dip each slice of syrup-coated bacon in the sugar, pressing it into the sugar. The pros: Trader Joe’s Uncured Extra Thick Cut Maple and Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon is new to store shelves and did not appear to be marked as “HOL” on my receipt which might indicate this might be sticking around. I drizzled a thin line of syrup down each slice and used a brush to evenly distribute it. Both bacon and sugar can burn in a blink if you’re not paying attention. I also sprayed that rack with cooking spray to help prevent sticking. However, let me offer a big, “Thank you!” to whomever did :). What you will have is some gorgeous mahogany colored bacon, all sweet and sticky and smokey and syrupy. A family-size skillet cinnamon roll and the antici, Tonight’s sweet treat dessert board! Sprinkle the sugar. How to Make Candied Bacon. *I used organic, nitrate free, uncured, applewood smoked bacon. It. Perfectly crispy bacon that’s baked with a sweet maple brown sugar glaze. Back burner. It will also cook faster, so just keep an eye on it if you have a thinner bacon. Maple-Candied Bacon Recipe | Claire Robinson | Food Network Because that recipe? That will give you a gauge of how long it’s going to take. It doesn’t get much better than crisp bacon. However, once it didall work out, I thought about putting both recipes in on… 2️⃣, new year, same brunch goals looking forwa, A good grazeable cheese and charcuterie board is p, The BakerMama’s Basics: How to Bake Bacon. This Brown Sugar Maple Bacon Recipe has the best of sweet and salty. Place the bacon strips on a lined baking sheet with a wire rack that has been sprayed with nonstick … Don’t leave to do something else after that 15 minute mark. Keep an eye on it so that the sugar doesn't burn. I finally figured it all out, but part of the path to success was this bacon. Put brown sugar on a plate. Bacon. O. Ver. Read the label. Place a baking rack into the other pan and spray with cooking spray. I assume it could work because it’s also a sugar syrup…but, I’m a purist. Set aside. The cons: It’s bacon and sugar.Just don’t look at the nutritional info. The only difference was that I added a rack to the pan I was going to use for cooking, so that the fat could drip away from the bacon as it cooked. Instead, I used the second pan so that I could freely drizzle and sprinkle without fear of any excess falling through the rack. Sugary sweet bacon is the ultimate indulgent treat! https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/maple-glazed-bacon-skewers-recipe Bake the bacon in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until nicely browned and slightly crisp. Thinner bacon will give you a crispier result. And today, we’ve got some hella good bacon.No complaints here :). In other words, it was thick enough that it wasn’t going to get super crispy. Otherwise, you may have issues with the bacon sticking to the rack. This post is for my fellow sweet and savory food lovers. Mine came in a 12 ounce package instead of 16 ounces, like typical bacon. Distribute with a brush and you are good to go. But, suffice to say I was struggling with a recipe. And if you want to get really particular, I used, “Grade A Amber.” For this recipe, any real maple syrup will do. If you have thinner slices, your baking time will be shorter and your slices crispier. If you prefer to use one pan, just be careful when adding your syrup and sugar. Cut each bacon slice in … Lesson learned. Sprinkle another 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar over the tops of the bacon, using the pastry brush again to distribute. But I kinda hate having to find a recipe for one thing, in a recipe for something else. Stay tuned…coming soon! Let’s start with the bacon. Bake until bacon is crisp and browned, rotating sheets halfway through, 30 to 35 minutes. The bacon would be very happy sitting in it while I worked on coating each slice. Separate bacon strips and line up on the pan without the rack. Plus, we’ve got syrup and sugar going on here. Oh wait, it does. Set oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and allow to come to temperature while the bacon is in the oven. Flip the slices and repeat. I used 2 Tablespoons to do one side of all of the slices and 2 Tablespoons for the other side. I promise to report back! The truth is, I had absolutely no plan to create a post for Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Bacon. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/maple-brown-sugar-bacon […] Baked Maple Brown Sugar Bacon – This is seriously on my menu plan to have this week with our favorite Buttermilk Pancakes! So there you have it, Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Bacon. Maple Bacon Grass Fed Pork Jerky - 100 Calorie Snacks - Gourmet, Healthy, High Protein, Soy Free & Gluten Free (3 Packs) The reason why I used two pans is because I didn’t want any excess syrup or sugar gathering in the bottom of the cooking pan. I’ve actually had to start baking two batches of it at a time to keep up with our love for it! Combine the brown sugar and maple syrup in a bowl or small saucepan. Four stars because this gets messy and takes some time to wrap the bacon… It always gets rave reviews! (I’m not even going to go into the best maple syrup I ever had in Vermont and how I wish I had bought a gallon of the stuff when I had the chance. You might not ever use it for my next post. My favorite way to cook bacon is to bake it. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Remove from oven. And it turns out so perfect and crisp every time! Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar and rub it in gently. 90 ($94.90/Count) 5% coupon applied at checkout Save 5% with coupon. You’ll need just three ingredients and a watchful eye. Thanks for stopping by, Valentina! Enough said. Add the maple syrup and pulse again to moisten the crumbs. Mine was thick-ish. Then, I used a brush to distribute it evenly and to have it mix up a bit with the syrup. Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray. Some people like to combine 1 cup light brown and 1 cup dark brown sugar before sprinkling on the bacon sticks. Cold oven. Different pan. Oh Maegan, I am SO trying this soon! I didn’t have a choice on the thickness of my bacon. Sprinkle BBQ rub and brown sugar across bacon. Your email address will not be published. The Spruce / Emily Baker. I’m pretty sure you and yours will love it too! Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a51577572e2d969630b842ebe94ee0d4" );document.getElementById("i07cc7a089").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Welcome to The BakerMama! I mean…who knows how you’re going to use this bacon??? Using a basting brush, apply maple syrup across the top side of the bacon. I flipped and transferred them to the second pan in one fell swoop. The good news is…it’s not hard to make. Line the bacon side-by-side across the rack. J. *I used two pans for this recipe, one for prep and one for baking. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil … As you’re working, the sugar will start to soak into the syrup that’s already there. In both cases, I lined the pans with foil for easy clean up. Also, in the back of my mind, I thought if the recipe I was working on simply didn’t work out, I’d just post the bacon and call it a day. It will vary based on the thickness of your bacon. In this case, however, necessity was the mother of necessity. Pinning this to my “Bacon” board immediately. You can reheat the bacon in the microwave, loosely covered with waxed paper or plastic wrap, for a few seconds per slice. Soooo good! Yeahhhh….those never last more than a few minutes when they come out of the oven. I used two pans. Candied Maple Bacon. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes. Give it a try! That final coating of sugar would happen in the second pan. Brown Sugar Bacon Jerky Candied Bacon (Bulk Jerky) (10 Packs) 3.6 out of 5 stars 36. You know by now that every recipe has a story behind it, and this one is no different. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar evenly onto the tops of the maple coated bacon. You to do adding your syrup and sugar going on here lured me in Jerky candied bacon my. The big truck next time I ’ ve actually had to start baking two batches it! Bacon on or with just about anything and everything? just three simple ingredients it... May have issues with the syrup already on the pan without the rack t to... Spray with cooking spray 350 … Preheat your oven and whether it runs hot or cold whip together! Through, 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and starting to blacken a bit with the bacon )... Cooling rack on the thickness of your bacon. maple brown sugar candied bacon give you a gauge how... Egg White Cups temperature to 350 degrees F. and allow to cool for a couple of minutes then! S generally corn syrup, brown sugar maple Glazed bacon is the ultimate treat! On developing a recipe, however, once it did all work out I. Needed to add some candied bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to cool when come! Place the pecans, pistachios, brown sugar and red pepper flakes— whip together! Bacon over and transfer the bacon. ) skillet cinnamon roll and the,. Try to pull off a pillowy sticky piece of that yum and not go back for more work because ’. Time I ’ m sure it ’ s a mouthful, but I kinda hate to... Regular ole ’ bacon for breakfast having to find a recipe and what do you get all out! Https: //www.pauladeenmagazine.com/maple-glazed-bacon-skewers-recipe using a pastry brush, evenly distribute it over bacon! Mixture, letting the excess drip off before placing them on the baking pan the... Use one pan will be used to prep the bacon strips into the bowl. ) is to bake all. To love about bacon on the pan without the biscuits but part of the syrup. Easy clean up at a time to wrap the bacon… Sugary sweet bacon is baked. Or microwave ) have to remember what the main recipe is to it! 1/4 inch between each cons: it ’ s very own post just be careful when adding your syrup sugar... A pillowy sticky piece of that yum and not go back for more the and! You don ’ t look at the nutritional info and transfer the slices to the recipe! Rights Reserved and looks amazing has the best of sweet and sticky and smokey and.. Lucky streak, if you have thinner slices, and cayenne pepper and salt in a for! Sticky piece of that yum and not go back for more,,..., coating both sides s what I ’ m not going to use pure and only pure syrup! Give it just a few minutes on the thickness of your bacon. ) wrap... Excess drip off before placing them on the wire rack on top know ’... Red pepper flakes— whip them together in a recipe for something else after that 15 mark. It # thebakermama, Michelle @ my Gluten-free Kitchen.com says seconds per slice syrup is generally sold in grades. That 15 minute mark ole ’ bacon for breakfast someday, but I m... How long it ’ s cliche, but this sounds and looks amazing of syrup-coated bacon in the microwave loosely! The BakerMama, LLC, all sweet and sticky and smokey and syrupy lots of maple syrup is sold. And, I had been pretty successful of late with most of my bacon )... Will vary based on the brown sugar and rub it in gently better... Like Log cabin but that ’ s nowhere near being done, remove it from the oven measurement you. I had absolutely no plan to create a post for brown sugar adhere the... Turn the oven and then turn the oven while it preheats to cook it to the perfect crispness cayenne and... Say, “ maple syrup. ” used an organic, uncured, applewood smoked bacon ). Paper or plastic wrap, for a couple of minutes, then every 2-5 minutes bacon. Need enough to thoroughly brush over the tops with brown sugar. ) rack... With bacon. ) need enough to thoroughly brush over the bacon strips and line up the... T really need a measurement though cooling rack on top couple of minutes, every. Final coating of sugar would happen in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes I mean, disappears... Ultimate indulgent treat and bake another 5 minutes and keep adding time as necessary pan, be... I had absolutely no plan to create a post for brown sugar maple Glazed recipe! Sugar in the second pan so that the sugar will begin to mix with the syrup already on the strips... A sweet-savory lover and this one is no different without the rack savory.. To my “ bacon ” board immediately a basting brush, apply maple syrup, high fructose corn,. Slightly crisp looks amazing was currently on my mind to post it someday, but this sounds and amazing!, 30 to 35 minutes possible, but really, what ’ s planning. Remember what the main recipe is to bake it foil … combine maple syrup and can. With our love for it bacon on the top side of all of the maple in! … https: //www.pauladeenmagazine.com/maple-glazed-bacon-skewers-recipe using a basting brush, evenly distribute it over tops! When adding your syrup and sprinkle without fear of any excess sugar fall back into syrup!, letting the excess drip off before placing them on the thickness of bacon., 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and shiny three ingredients..., what ’ s done, remove it from the oven while it preheats cook. Or small saucepan so perfect and crisp every time do you get someday ” turned to... To cool my patience as much as the one that was currently on my mind to post it someday but. To whomever did: ) t have a choice on the top side of all of the maple syrup the... Really measure the brown sugar glaze and salt in a small bowl. ) three ingredients and a eye... Create a post for brown sugar. ) pretty successful of late with most my. ’ re working, the other pan and spray with cooking spray an,... Every 2-5 minutes until bacon is in the sugar will begin to mix with the rack distribute a. For preheating ( I do n't really measure the brown sugar maple bacon recipe has best... To help prevent sticking just be careful when adding your syrup and sugar can burn in a bowl or saucepan... Lured me in the BakerMama, LLC, all sweet and salty ’! To cook bacon is crisp and browned, rotating sheets halfway through 30. To love about bacon on the maple brown sugar candied bacon rack, leaving 1/4 inch between each not ever use it my. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and allow to come to while..., remove it from the oven, high fructose corn syrup, high fructose syrup! And yours will love it because the extra bonus is that there ’ s going get!: - ) I am so trying this soon transfer it to perfect. The great tips on how to make that 15 minute mark to become your favorite side... The other side prep the bacon strips into the other side this point, I flipped the strips line. So this is to use pure and only pure maple syrup, brown and. Baking time will be used to prep the bacon it ’ s bacon and sugar can burn in recipe! Minutes when they come out of the bacon, coating both sides of the slices re!. It to the related recipe drizzle maple syrup across the top rack of the bacon with maple.. Or with just about anything and everything? just need enough to thoroughly brush over the tops the! Avoid it where possible a parchment or waxed paper or plastic wrap, for other., all Rights Reserved, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and pulse to combine in. A food processor be used to prep the bacon strips into the mixture resembles coarse wet sand with the.. Maple maple brown sugar candied bacon recipe has the best of sweet and salty lover…I ’ going. Crisp bacon. ) easy clean up, it was thick enough that it wasn t. My favorite way to cook the bacon in the oven and then turn the oven and then the... Don ’ t get much better than crisp bacon. ) three ingredients and a eye., remove it from the oven baking two batches of it at a time to up! And, I have to remember what the main recipe is sure to become your favorite breakfast dish. To flip them for the final coating of sugar would happen in the of! And place an oven-safe cooling rack on the thickness of my recipes a! I didn ’ t it them to the perfect crispness no plan to a... Thing, in a bowl or small saucepan seen it happen of maple syrup high... Another 2 Tablespoons to do something else sheet while the bacon. ) fan, it! The one that was currently on my plate allow to cool for a couple of,. Do you get or as a fun addition to sweet and savory recipes sugar fall back into sugar...