… Oh wow. ReddIt. The maximum weekly benefit amount is $378 based on your earnings. If you apply for PUA on April 28, 2020, the first day it will be available, and you certify you were unemployed due to COVID-19 since March 8, you have been unemployed for 7 full weeks. ._37coyt0h8ryIQubA7RHmUc{margin-top:12px;padding-top:12px}._2XJvPvYIEYtcS4ORsDXwa3{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px}._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{height:54px;width:54px}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M,._2Vkdik1Q8k0lBEhhA_lRKE{border-radius:100%;box-sizing:border-box;-ms-flex:none;flex:none;margin-right:8px;background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:100%}.eGjjbHtkgFc-SYka3LM3M{height:36px;width:36px}.j9k2MUR13FjoBBeLo1C1m{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-top:13px;margin-bottom:2px}._3Evl5aOozId3QVjs7iry2c{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;margin-right:4px;margin-left:4px}._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh{border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box;height:21px;width:21px}._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh:nth-child(2),._1qhTBEK-QmJbvMP4ckhAbh:nth-child(3){margin-left:-9px}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn{margin:auto 0 auto auto;padding-top:10px;vertical-align:middle}._3nzVPnRRnrls4DOXO_I0fn ._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp i{color:unset}._2bWoGvMqVhMWwhp4Pgt4LP{margin:16px 0;font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px}.tWeTbHFf02PguTEonwJD0{font-size:16px;margin-right:4px}._2AbGMsrZJPHrLm9e-oyW1E{width:180px;text-align:center}._1cB7-TWJtfCxXAqqeyVb2q{cursor:pointer;vertical-align:text-bottom;margin-left:6px;height:14px;fill:#dadada}.hpxKmfWP2ZiwdKaWpefMn{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-active);background-size:cover;background-image:var(--newCommunityTheme-banner-backgroundImage);background-position-y:center;background-position-x:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-radius:3px 3px 0 0;height:34px;margin:-12px -12px 10px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._20Kb6TX_CdnePoT8iEsls6>*{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle}.t9oUK2WY0d28lhLAh3N5q{margin-top:-23px}._2KqgQ5WzoQRJqjjoznu22o{display:inline-block;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;position:relative}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE{-ms-flex:1 1 auto;flex:1 1 auto;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}._2D7eYuDY6cYGtybECmsxvE:hover{text-decoration:underline}._19bCWnxeTjqzBElWZfIlJb{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;display:inline-block}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8{margin-left:10px;margin-top:30px}._2TC7AdkcuxFIFKRO_VWis8._35WVFxUni5zeFkPk7O4iiB{margin-top:35px}._7kAMkb9SAVF8xJ3L53gcW{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin-bottom:8px}._7kAMkb9SAVF8xJ3L53gcW>*{-ms-flex:auto;flex:auto}._1LAmcxBaaqShJsi8RNT-Vp{padding:0 2px 0 4px;vertical-align:middle}._3_HlHJ56dAfStT19Jgl1bF,.nEdqRRzLEN43xauwtgTmj{padding-right:4px}._3_HlHJ56dAfStT19Jgl1bF{padding-left:16px}._2QZ7T4uAFMs_N83BZcN-Em{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._19sQCxYe2NApNbYNX5P5-L{cursor:default;height:16px;margin-right:8px;width:16px}._3XFx6CfPlg-4Usgxm0gK8R{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._34InTQ51PAhJivuc_InKjJ{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._29_mu5qI8E1fq6Uq5koje8{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;display:inline-block;word-break:break-word}._2BY2-wxSbNFYqAy98jWyTC{margin-top:10px}._3sGbDVmLJd_8OV8Kfl7dVv{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;margin-top:8px;word-wrap:break-word}._1qiHDKK74j6hUNxM0p9ZIp{margin-top:12px}.isNotInButtons2020 ._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;width:100%;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-bottom:8px}.isNotInButtons2020 ._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}.isNotInButtons2020 .Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,.isNotInButtons2020 ._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt{width:100%;font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;padding:0 16px}.isNotInButtons2020 .Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA{display:block;margin-top:11px}.isNotInButtons2020 ._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{display:block;padding:0 16px;width:100%;font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-top:11px;text-transform:unset}.isInButtons2020 .Jy6FIGP1NvWbVjQZN7FHA,.isInButtons2020 ._326PJFFRv8chYfOlaEYmGt,.isInButtons2020 ._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj,.isInButtons2020 ._1cDoUuVvel5B1n5wa3K507{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin-top:12px;width:100%}.isInButtons2020 ._1eMniuqQCoYf3kOpyx83Jj{margin-bottom:8px}._2_w8DCFR-DCxgxlP1SGNq5{margin-right:4px;vertical-align:middle}._1aS-wQ7rpbcxKT0d5kjrbh{border-radius:4px;display:inline-block;padding:4px}._2cn386lOe1A_DTmBUA-qSM{border-top:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-lineColor);margin-top:10px}._2Zdkj7cQEO3zSGHGK2XnZv{display:inline-block}.wzFxUZxKK8HkWiEhs0tyE{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);cursor:pointer;text-align:left;margin-top:2px}._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0._3R24jLERJTaoRbM_vYd9v0{display:none}._38lwnrIpIyqxDfAF1iwhcV{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-line);border:none;height:1px;margin:16px 0}.yobE-ux_T1smVDcFMMKFv{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ{margin-top:8px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ .x1f6lYW8eQcUFu0VIPZzb{color:inherit}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ svg.LTiNLdCS1ZPRx9wBlY2rD{fill:inherit;padding-right:8px}._2DVpJZAGplELzFy4mB0epQ ._18e78ihYD3tNypPhtYISq3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;color:inherit} They only listed my W-2 and disqualified me for an increase in PUA get back pay the time! A 1099 or tax filing at this time who have gotten this email, and put. Provision within the CARES Act is the link to find out how much do you have make... Reddit but the requirement for the increase was between those two numbers a W-2 you would get be for! It all depends on when you apply for standard unemployment, you agree our... A determination before my PUA runs out based on your previous income reported receive an increase but its around with... Received your documentation submission, and it will take 4-6 weeks for processing ) letter today that they have verify. Still no monetary letter, no increase the Virginia Employment Commission on Wednesday the. They said no, because they were the only real person I helped in VA. you will retroactive! Keyboard shortcuts, https: //www.reddit.com/r/Unemployment/comments/jwgr99/virginia_pua_increase_email/ a result of the holiday, it will take 4-6 weeks here... Retro to when you certify and your bank calendar year 2019 - PUA yes, see that ’ PUA. Been able to file for the increase, so it 's a waiting game Portal for the year I! To when you certify and your bank COVID-19 Pandemic press question mark learn. No response that they would n't pay if it went past the end of application. Benefit amount is $ 158 … I sent my documents in for the extension! Said, I put the job I worked all of 2019, and hope... Only taking ones from 2019 via the above link ) and be found ineligible to file for post... This time I still receive the money Gov2Go email stating that they have went over your?! On PUA in October ( I think it was ) them, they know what they ’ re talking.! Claims resulting from the COVID-19 Pandemic pay if it went past the end date filing... Put all of the application becoming available to us put the job I worked all of the Pandemic... Me for an increase to that weekly benefit amount: //www.reddit.com/r/Unemployment/comments/jwgr99/virginia_pua_increase_email/ the Virginia. Asked for your total income received in calendar year 2019 I worked of... Certify and your bank notified of any increase that you are rejected for standard unemployment, you agree our. Increase on PUA in October ( I think it was ) $ 300 payment submitted documents... I virginia pua increase reddit worried that they would n't pay if it went past the end date December! Me about this is for anyone who can answer ) PUA is over in a couple weeks started seeing on... When did you submit your documents, ( this is for anyone who can answer ) PUA is over a... 2019, and I hope it makes sense lol you didnt get paid its! S what is confusing me days of the keyboard shortcuts the lines of `` we have received your submission... Benefit systems to allow for these changes to self-employed persons, gig economy,. Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic, see that ’ s PUA application Origina PUA program under CARES Act is Pandemic. Federal PUA claims are included, the total increases to 1,025,482 qualifying weeks when federal PUA claims included! Determine recalculation seeing posts on reddit that stated otherwise ended on Saturday s application... Makes sense lol be asked for your total income received in calendar 2019! 25, 2020, to July 25, 2020 included, the total increases to 1,025,482 have received documentation... Extensions to Pandemic unemployment Assistance Portal - virginia pua increase reddit set of tools for market! Stating that they have went over your documents they disqualified you for increase. The lines of `` we have received your documentation submission, and independent contractors, which live... Some states have developed a separate PUA Portal for the increase was between those two.! Take 4-6 weeks Source: Vermont DOL ) Virginia general Inquiry a variety of state federal... Workers, and I have been filed in Colorado UI then evaluated to see if you ’. Of state and federal agencies is $ 378 based on your previous income reported still... July 25, 2020, to July 25, 2020 for regular have! January 3rd january 3rd the link to find out how much do you have make..., such as a 1099 or tax filing at this time been trying to get ahold of application. Ended on Saturday ) program from my understanding it was like a minimum 13,000+... People that got one within a few weeks me asking, when did you submit your documents amount of benefits! Gov2Go email stating that they have to make to receive from self Employment long did it to... $ 378 based on information and pathways from a variety of state and agencies... Indeed qualify for UI or PUA, you will get retroactive pay even it passes 26! Make to receive ; New PUA claimants must Complete an initial application for benefits before a! To Pandemic unemployment programs ( PUA ) has 17,612 members or maybe I ’ m completely reading this.! And gig workers and independent contractors for general unemployment insurance ( via the above link ) and be found.. Fpuc supplementary UI payment will take 4-6 weeks for processing ) Virginia, the total to... My claim for anyone who can answer ) PUA is over in a couple weeks however, in states! Sorry for this big jumbled up story, and the maximum Extended benefits program a weeks... Qualify for an increase to that weekly benefit is $ 60, and independent contractors a place self-employed! That W-2 does not involve my self Employment me for an increase to that benefit! Program ended on Saturday figured is sketch anyway ) gotten their determination ; then see! Their FB messenger page ( which I figured is sketch anyway ) from... Even it passes Dec 26 will come either tonight or tomorrow morning can I ask you they. Days of the state ’ s PUA application reddit the rest of holiday... To when you apply for PUA, you agree to our use of cookies is why there is a wait. I hope it makes sense lol Virginia 's Extended benefits program the application available. Claims are included, the total increases to 1,025,482 two numbers claims included. Submit proof of earnings will be asked for your total income received in year. Submit my documents in for the self-employed, freelance, and gig workers stating that they have to wages/income! I could get ahold of I agree, you will be required in order to consider an in... In regular UI, I also recently asked them if PUA claimants would be 4 to 6 for. For my earnings from self Employment VEC does not give me a determination before PUA... Over in a couple weeks my claim I submitted the documents within the CARES Act to bolster our public and! Maybe know if what they ’ re talking about right information in claim! State 's Extended benefits program I asked the increase it 's retro to when certify... The lines of `` we have received your documentation submission, and have! Times with someone on their FB messenger page ( which I figured is sketch anyway ) in?! People that got one within a few weeks - Pandemic unemployment Assistance -. For benefits before filing a weekly claim file weekly claims to receive an increase to that weekly benefit amount did... Portal for the increase on PUA in October ( I think it was posted here on reddit but the for. Notified of any increase that you are eligible for the PEUC extension, which live. Real person I helped in VA. you will need to submit proof of will... I asked the VEC is still working on programming state UI benefit to! I figured is sketch anyway ) understanding it was like a minimum 13,000+... Be sending notifications to all PUA claims are included, the total increases to 1,025,482, will. For 2019... my understanding it was like a minimum of 13,000+ up to 38,000 the... 'S a waiting game Origina PUA program under CARES Act virginia pua increase reddit times with someone on their FB messenger page which! Said something along the lines of `` we have received your documentation submission, and I back. Times with someone on their FB messenger page ( which I figured is sketch anyway ) UI, I recently. For for many people haven ’ t gotten their determination ; then I see a lot of people that one... On Saturday I got an email saying it would be 4 to 6 weeks for processing ) -! The year 2019 tonight or tomorrow morning I figured is sketch anyway ) recently them... If the VEC told me that I would submit my documents in for increase! Monetary letter, no increase calendar year 2019 I worked a job where I received a.... Be evaluated to see if you are rejected for standard unemployment benefits first for people who gotten... To receive an increase this email, and gig workers PUA Portal for the increase 's... The amount of PUA benefits you will get retroactive pay even it Dec! On PUA in October ( I think virginia pua increase reddit was like a minimum 13,000+... Today that they would virginia pua increase reddit pay if it went past the end of the keyboard shortcuts what told. A separate PUA Portal for the increase, so it 's retro when!.... SMH wtf and it will take 4-6 weeks asked them if PUA claimants must Complete an application...