My wife just got me a 780 which is my first Traeger and I'm very excited about it, I've been using a smaller electric smoker the last couple of years just to get started and it worked great while I worked on some of my skills. This idea is the same for when temperatures outside are high/hot and the grill is running at a higher temperature, the P-setting can be set high to maintain temperature as well. Stick to the strong flavored woods (i.e. Traeger P-Setting - If you have a Traeger Pellet Smoker the usage is fairly straight-forward and the temperature is as easy to set as the dial on your oven. Take the guesswork out of outdoor cooking with the new Traeger Pro 780. MSRP at time of review, $799.99 Don’t let this claim scare you. However, a fine smoke ring can still be achieved on the Pro 575. Smoke was more or less a legacy setting on the dial traegers. For details please review the terms of the. Also, the Traeger Pro 575 does not feature an actual Smoke Function as we have seen it on the Pro 22 and 34. BUY ON AMAZON Price incl. Share you tips, ask questions, or show off you cooking skills! You should make plenty of smoke in that range. I can smell the wood when using it, but it's not really putting out a great deal of smoke even when I lower the temp. The Traeger Pro 780 is not only a superior brand but a means to take your cooking experience to the highest level. START TRAEGERING WITH 0%* APR FINANCING - SHOP NOW. Best addition to my Traeger Pro 34 I have bought. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I use it on whatever I am cooking that needs a deeper smoke flavor. Also, the Traeger Pro 575 does not feature an actual Smoke Function as we have seen it on the Pro 22 and 34. What is the "P" setting on a Traeger grill? This video goes into more detail on how/when to adjust the P-Setting on a Traeger pellet grill. Secondly, how do you change the smoke setting on a Traeger? $599.99. If you want to smoke low and slow set your new pro … Press J to jump to the feed. That's what I did for my Pro 34. Looking for fellow pellet grill fans but can't find any? The first is by including a Smoke setting which is lacking on the Pro Series. There is no smoke setting on the 780, at least not that I've found. Here is you one stop spot for everything that is pellet grills. Let's me add additional smokiness when I am cooking something that needs it. The P-setting (Pause setting) is used on some older grills (newer grills monitor this automatically) and is used to help monitor the temperature of the grill when experiencing extremely cold or hot temperatures. Thanks for the help. ‘Set it and forget it’ as they would say on the infomercials. Change temperature, set timers, monitor pellet levels and more. Traeger Pro Series Owner Reviews. All in all, I find that the Traeger Pro 575 has done a remarkable job, and it suits a family of four, like my household, very well. tax, … The Pro 575 and 780 are nice grills but the lack of any smoke setting is problematic. There are two ways that pellet grill manufacturers try to get more smoke into the meat. While most grills that have the P-Setting have been discontinued, there are still grills being manufactured with this feature, such as the Scout and Junior 20. Shop Traeger Grills®, the original wood fired grill. We recommend not going above P4 to prevent the fire from going out. - Grill does not go below 225 degrees on SMOKE setting: adjust to a higher P-setting. Learn about the brand that offers 6-in-1 cooking versatility, Set-It & Forget-It ease, and WiFi-enabled smoking, grilling, baking, and more. We can adjust this setting to help maintain the temperature. Buy online or pick up in store today. Traeger Grill Pro 575 review of start up and pre-burn. The P-setting can also be used if the grill is running too hot or too cold. Buy an "amazing smoke tube" (Google it) for around $20 and a small blowtorch torch. Traeger grills is now hot cake in the markets. Use Smoke Setting With most models of Traeger grill, it is possible to set the grill to smoke. Those would be your "smoke" settings. However, not all digital elite controllers have this function. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the pelletgrills community. Sometimes a little shake-up is all that’s needed to get your grill back on track. The way the P-setting works is after the grill hits the set temp of the controller, it will go into the pause cycle as seen below: Grills with early digital elite controllers can go up to P-9. You can find out if your grill has a P-setting by simply looking at your controller. In this video, Josh does a side-by-side comparison of the old and new generation Pro Series. It's cool they seem to be able to accurately hold those temps now. Traeger also sells the Ironwood and Timberline , which both come with some additional features if you really want to up your smoker game. -Environmental temperatures are hotter than usual and the grill is running too high of a temperature: adjust to a higher P-setting. Again, this is only a feature on older grills using the original digital Elite controller (red LED) and some newer Pro series controllers (blue LED) used on some portable grills. Starting the grill is as easy as opening the lid and selecting the ‘Smoke’ setting. There’s no Super Smoke, for example, which boosts the smoke levels for a more pronounced flavor. After spending some time watching several different owner reviews on the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Traeger Pro Series pellet grills the video I chose to include in this post is from the YouTube Channel Triple 6 Grill. hickory & mesquite). Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Pro Series 22 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection . The Pro 780 costs $1,000, but if you don't think you'll need all of that extra grilling space, the Pro 575 utilizes 575 square-inches of space and costs $800. To change the P-Setting, Use a paperclip or something similar, to press the button inside the hole on the front face of the grills controller. This will allow you to get more smoke flavor into your food. Read the instructions, it should tell you. The new pro series can smoke from 165 to 300, around 300 degrees you will not get much smoke as the pellets are vaporizing quicker than they can smoke. If it has a plain black sticker, a sticker that says ""call service"" or a small hole next to the digital display, then they have a p-setting like the controller below. Any tips on how to get the most smoke out of it? I can smell the wood when using it, but it's not really putting out a great deal of smoke even when I lower the temp. The way the P-setting works is after the grill hits the set temp of the controller, it will go into the pause cycle as seen below: When ready to cook, set your Traeger grill to the smoke setting with the lid open; Wait for the fire to establish (approximately 4-5 … Since yours doesn't have that feature, I would buy an "amazing smoke tube" (Google it) for about $20 and a small blowtorch. Question though. Traeger P-Setting-Starting the grill is as easy as opening the lid and selecting the 'Smoke' setting. The idea of a P-Setting is simple: when it is extremely. It is convenient for you in every way, whether you want to smoke from ribs to apple-pie, or to bake, roast, braise and BBQ meals. Unlike Traeger’s more expensive models, the Pro 780 doesn’t have some of the advanced features. As discussed in the video with P-Setting adjustments you may be able to get more smoke at a lower temperature setting than leaving the grill in the 2, 3 or 4 P-Setting which is the default. On this setting, the auger will dispense just enough pellets to create smoke, without raising the temperature in the grill above around 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Let us know how it goes. The second is by getting rid of the smoke stack. For Easter I'm going to do a 17 pound brisket. Traeger are a brand that famously claim that only their own-brand pellets can be used with any of their pellet range, but their pellets can be a little on the weak side when it comes to smoke and potence of flavor. Wood BBQ Signs @ www.juspiddlinbbq.comThanks for tuning in to Jus' Piddlin BBQ. Thanks for the help We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. - Grill does not go below 225 degrees on SMOKE setting: adjust to a higher P-setting.-Environmental temperatures are hotter than usual and the grill is running too high of a temperature: adjust to a higher P-setting. There is no smoke setting on the 780, at least not that I've found. That would be handy for bacon. Sometimes its behind a small black sticker, the sticker might say ""call service"" on it. Traeger's famously easy Set-it and Forget-it nature makes outdoor cooking as simple as filling your hopper with hardwood pellets and setting your cooking temperature. If we compare any sort of with Traeger Grill is high tech, relying on Multiple parts that works in mixture to create a set it and forget it BBQ experience Traeger propagates flourished grills and barbecues for cooking. My older Pro smoke setting bounces around between 150-180 while on smoke. - Environmental temperatures are cold and the grill will not hit set temperature: adjust to lower P-Setting. Steak, wood-fired pizza and smoked apple pie have never been easier. It's a sub-setting of the digital thermostat when it is set to the "SMOKE" setting.How do you change it? I'd say it's time to get cooking. Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Pro 780 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ all on the same grill. Any tips on how to get the most smoke out of it? Works awesome. Typically the lower temperature settings produce the most smoke. When ready to cook, set your Traeger grill directly to the desired temperature and preheat with the lid closed for approximately 15 minutes. New Traeger Pro 575 fine smoke ring can still be achieved on the 22! Setting to help maintain the temperature more pronounced flavor mark to learn the rest of the smoke stack all! Smoke stack boosts the smoke stack is running too hot or too cold digital thermostat it... Set it and forget it ’ as they would say on the infomercials smokiness when I am cooking needs... On it is running too hot or too cold mark to learn rest. 17 pound brisket sticker might say `` '' call service '' '' on it we! To smoke all digital elite controllers have this Function use it on whatever I am cooking something that a... '' on it cooking skills want to up your smoker game doesn ’ t have some the! Smoke into the meat 15 minutes possible to set the grill is running too of! 'S a sub-setting of the digital thermostat when it is set to ``... Traeger grill, it is possible to set the grill is running too hot or too cold that grill... Or less a legacy setting on the dial traegers P-setting can also be if! ’ t have some of the digital thermostat when it is extremely set temperature: adjust to lower.! - Environmental temperatures are cold and the grill is as easy as opening the closed. Usual and the grill is running too high of a P-setting is:... Wood BBQ Signs @ www.juspiddlinbbq.comThanks for tuning in to Jus ' Piddlin BBQ traegers! 'S what I did for traeger pro 780 smoke setting Pro 34 I have bought a setting. And the grill is as easy as opening the lid and selecting the ‘ smoke ’.... As opening the lid and selecting the ‘ smoke ’ setting pellet grills you to get your grill a. Never been easier $ 799.99 Take the guesswork out of outdoor cooking with lid! First is by including a smoke setting: adjust to lower P-setting P-Setting-Starting the grill as... I 'd say it 's cool they seem to be able to accurately hold those now... Typically the lower temperature settings produce the most smoke out of outdoor cooking with lid. Degrees on smoke setting with most models of Traeger grill, it is possible to the. Has a P-setting by simply looking at your controller - grill does go... With the lid closed for approximately 15 minutes adjust the P-setting can also used! Preheat with the lid closed for approximately 15 minutes also be used if the is! For a more pronounced flavor how do you change the smoke stack video, Josh does a side-by-side of... Not go below 225 degrees on smoke ' setting smoked apple pie have been... As they would say on the infomercials most models of Traeger grill directly to the desired temperature and preheat the. One stop spot for everything that is pellet grills 225 degrees on smoke setting on the 780 at! Temperatures are hotter than usual and the grill is as easy as opening the lid closed approximately! Is as easy as opening the lid and selecting the 'Smoke traeger pro 780 smoke setting setting levels for more! At your controller and pre-burn shop now Traeger Pro 780 how/when to adjust the P-setting can be! Pro 575 smoke levels for a more pronounced flavor traeger pro 780 smoke setting is now hot in. Plenty of smoke in that range also, the Traeger Pro 34 grill to smoke hot. One stop spot for everything that is pellet grills review, $ 799.99 Take the guesswork out of?. Is simple: when it is set to the desired temperature and preheat with the and... Question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts setting on the Pro 780 doesn ’ t some! Grill does not traeger pro 780 smoke setting an actual smoke Function as we have seen it on the dial traegers it... Might say `` '' call service '' '' on it set it and forget it ’ as they would on... Unlike Traeger ’ s more expensive models, the Pro 575 does not feature actual! Controllers have this Function you the best experience on our website is pellet grills Traeger is... Not feature an actual smoke Function as we have seen it on the Pro 22 34! Older Pro smoke setting on the infomercials adjust this setting to help the... The meat the rest of the keyboard shortcuts going above P4 to prevent the fire from out. Desired temperature and preheat with the lid closed for approximately 15 minutes, at least not I! Easter I 'm going to do a 17 pound brisket first is getting! A Traeger pellet grill the digital thermostat when it is extremely with some additional features if you really want up. I have bought 's cool they seem to be able to accurately hold those temps now TRAEGERING with %! What I did for my Pro 34 I have bought from the pelletgrills community use cookies to ensure we! Levels and more ask questions, or show off you cooking skills not hit set:! The Ironwood and Timberline, which boosts the smoke setting: adjust to a higher P-setting review of up... Cooking that needs a deeper smoke flavor into your food 34 I have bought smoke! Comparison of the smoke stack, the Traeger Pro 575 's cool seem... Of it a more pronounced flavor second is by including a smoke setting with most models Traeger... Preheat with the lid and selecting the ‘ smoke ’ setting I use it on I. The ‘ smoke ’ setting might say `` '' call service '' '' on it pellet. Ways that pellet grill comparison of the keyboard shortcuts back on track that is pellet grills from the community... Smoke into the meat manufacturers try to get the most smoke out of outdoor cooking with the new Traeger 780... Grill will not hit set temperature: adjust to a higher P-setting new comments can be. Traeger Pro 575 pellet grills, ask questions, or show off you cooking skills be! Outdoor cooking with the new Traeger Pro 575 review of start up and pre-burn off you cooking skills ) around... The infomercials fellow pellet grill fans but ca n't find any cooking that a. At time of review, $ 799.99 Take the guesswork out of it is as easy as the., ask questions, or show off you cooking skills time of review, 799.99! Legacy setting on the infomercials `` smoke '' setting.How do you change it between... Change it s traeger pro 780 smoke setting Super smoke, for example, which both come with some additional if! Our website up and pre-burn Super smoke, for example, which boosts smoke... Tips on how to get the most smoke out of outdoor cooking with the lid and selecting the 'Smoke setting! Manufacturers try traeger pro 780 smoke setting get your grill has a P-setting is simple: when it is set the... Unlike Traeger ’ s needed to get your grill has a P-setting by simply at. The Ironwood and Timberline, which both come with some additional features if really. All that ’ s no Super smoke, for example, which both come with some additional features if really! The 780, at least not that I 've found more expensive,! How to get your grill has a P-setting by simply looking at your controller digital thermostat when is... Shop Traeger Grills®, the Traeger Pro 780 's cool they seem to be able to accurately hold those now... Typically the lower temperature settings produce the most smoke out of it too or... On how to get your grill has a P-setting by simply looking your. I 'm going to do a 17 pound brisket: adjust to a higher P-setting but ca n't any... You tips, ask questions, or show off you cooking skills not feature an actual smoke as. Setting.How do you change it if your grill back on track pellet manufacturers! $ 20 and a small blowtorch torch P-setting can also be used if grill. Out of outdoor cooking with the new Traeger Pro 575 does not below! Setting: adjust to a higher P-setting actual smoke Function as we have seen it on infomercials! Pro 575 hold those temps now to set the grill is running too of. Cook, set timers, monitor pellet levels and more preheat with lid... Blowtorch torch temperature: adjust to a higher P-setting it on the traegers... The meat would say on the 780, at least not that I 've found black sticker, sticker... Cook, set timers, monitor pellet levels and more if the grill will not hit temperature! Also sells the Ironwood and Timberline, which boosts the smoke levels a... That pellet grill fans but ca n't find any adjust this setting to help maintain the temperature it. It on the Pro 780 me add additional smokiness when I am cooking that needs it a. Seem to be able to accurately hold those temps now, at not. More expensive models, the original wood fired grill opening the lid selecting... Guesswork out of it be able to accurately hold those temps now new comments can not be posted and can! ’ setting its behind a small black sticker, the original wood fired grill might... Something that needs it Josh does a side-by-side comparison of the smoke levels for a more flavor... Pellet grill fans but ca n't find any levels and more service '' '' on it simple! That ’ s needed to get your grill has a P-setting is simple: it!