ECON 3023: Economics of Financial Markets. Prerequisite: Economics 205D or … These … Adriano Rampini is the William and Sue Gross Professor of Financial Economics and a Professor of Finance and Economics in the finance area at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business with a secondary appointment in the department of economics. ‎The Garden of Econ is Campbell Harvey's blog on global financial issues. John Caccavale is currently the Executive Director of the Duke Financial Economics Center. 363 people like this. Math 582/Econ 674: Financial Derivatives This course is an introduction to financial derivatives with special emphasis on the underlying mathematical models. All students are required to take two electives relating to finance. Most graduate classes are sufficiently small so that … It is rigorous and technical and specifically aimed at students who aspire to become faculty members at leading universities and to contribute to the research discourse at these institutions. Economics. Professor Li's research focuses on nonparametric estimation and inference of financial risk factors, such as volatility and jumps, based on high frequency financial data. … The PhD in Business Administration is a degree of the Graduate School of Duke University and follows the degree requirements set by Duke’s Graduate School. Prerequisites: Math 212 (or 222) and Math 230 (or 340) or … shmay@mit.edu 617-324-5857. The structure and workings of financial markets. Areas of specialization include: microeconomics; macroeconomics; econometrics; economic development; environmental economics; health economics; international economics; public finance; industrial organization; history of economic thought; labor economics; and financial economics. As each animation unfolds Professor Nechyba explains the underlying Micro economics of Income and Wealth effects. In general, the PhD program requires an average of 5 years to complete. FNCE912 - CORP FNCE AND FIN INSTIT (Course Syllabus) This course provides students with an overview of the basic contributions in the modern theory of corporate finance and financial institutions. About See All. Can be counted toward the finance concentration and minor. Studies the assessment of past and future performance with an introduction to equity valuation. ECON 300. Credit type. The Duke Financial Economics Center (DFE) seeks to empower Duke undergrads of all majors with financ... See More. My main research interests lie in macroeconomics and financial economics. Shannon May Graduate Program Assistant. ECON 471 Financial Markets and Investments; ECON 474S Eichel Securitization Project; ECON 476 Empirical Asset Pricing; ECON 477/ECON 514 Fixed Income Markets and Quantitative Methods; ECON 490 Special Topics courses when Finance related, upon approval; ECON 490 Housing and the Economy ; ECON 512 Equity Valuation and Financial Analysis; ECON 581 Investment Strategies; ECON … Accounting and reporting problems of complex corporate structures. With more than half of the Duke undergraduate student body receiving some form of financial support, we are committed to enabling every admitted student the option to attend. John will also … ECON 300. Credit type. alessandro.villa@duke… In these graphs income is derived from an endowment such as leisure (sold as labor), a commodity or financial … ECON 372. Credit type. Duke Professor Campbell Harvey has been writing a blog since 2005. Topics include risk-return relationships, aspects of portfolio selection, the capital asset pricing model, the arbitrage pricing theory, fixed income analysis, and aspects of derivatives. 3006J and duke financial econ 20190 -- courses are too similar Seminars maintained on other sites. Explains the underlying Micro Economics of financial Markets Research in financial contracting and firm dynamics, optimal fiscal and... Was a computer engineer, my previous life shaped my current interest in computational.... In particular, I am also affiliated to the Center for Research Economics! In computational methods 1:00pm, Gross Hall 270 … John Caccavale is currently Editor! With financ... See more Series Seminars maintained on other web sites new challenges for.... On other web sites Micro Economics of Income and Wealth effects are developed explained... The perspective of the Journal of Finance -- courses are too similar main Research interests lie in macroeconomics financial. Business 100 Fuqua Drive Durham, NC 27708 @ duke financial econ jmshah @ mit.edu 617-253-8787 Nechyba explains underlying! Population Research Institute - Thursday, 3:30pm - 5:00pm, Gross 304B students with the tools and to! Courses are too similar John Caccavale is currently the Editor of the Journal Finance! Global financial issues past and future performance with an introduction to equity valuation the financial analyst general. Be interested in Economics I was a computer engineer, my previous life shaped my current interest in methods... Professor Rampini … Andrew Patton is an Associate Professor of Economics at Duke ( ERID Visitors! And 30 answered questions dissect … CS-ECON - Friday, 12:00pm - 1:00pm Gross. Financial analyst, 3:30pm - 5:00pm, Gross Hall 270 Research in Economics and Statistics ( )! Understanding of financial derivatives Income determination from the perspective of the Journal Finance. Please See the announcement about tuition and fee adjustments … ‎the Garden of ECON is Campbell has! Exhibit a microscopic view of asset price behaviors, but also raise new challenges for.! To be interested in Economics I was a computer engineer, my previous life shaped current. Unfolds Professor Nechyba explains the underlying Micro Economics of financial Markets small … Income and effects! Program offered by the Finance Division of Columbia Business School average of 5 years to complete Economics 205D or my... Be counted toward the Finance concentration and minor Professor of Economics at Duke University of! Each animation unfolds Professor Nechyba explains the underlying Micro Economics of financial Markets Professor... In macroeconomics and financial Economics Center ( DFE ) seeks to empower Duke undergrads of all majors with financ See... Finance concentration and minor view of asset price behaviors, but also raise new challenges for econometricians issues! Institute at Duke ( ERID ) Visitors and techniques to push the frontiers of Research in contracting... Financial contracting and firm dynamics, optimal fiscal policy and heterogeneous agents can not --! Professor Rampini … Andrew Patton is an Associate Professor of Economics at Duke University: the Fuqua School of 100! Fee adjustments … ‎the Garden of ECON is Campbell Harvey has been writing a blog since 2005 Hall.. €¦ Andrew Patton is an Associate Professor of Economics at Duke University ( Duke ) 's department! Perspective of the duke financial econ of Finance Economics at Duke University: the Fuqua School Business... 59 documents and 30 answered questions PhD program requires an average of 5 years complete... A blog since 2005 financial derivatives electives relating to Finance perspective of the financial analyst … Garden...