And when you’re in the middle of a panicked mob swarming to an exit, that fear seems entirely rational. Stampede Roundup Ticket Information & Concert Tour Dates. Here are 10 painful moments every event manager will have experienced at one time or another and how to tackle them. USD will be accepted on the Stampede grounds, though exchange rates will vary. I'll never put myself in a situation like this ever again, even as an avid concert goer. In June 2017, a firecracker sparked panic in Turin's main square as 30,000 fans watched Juventus play a European Champions soccer match. The crowd of 1,500 in the Taman Anggrek shopping center became panicked and people began rushing for the exits. (MORE: How to Prevent a Crowd Crush) By the time authorities appeared, the stampede had trampled five women, leaving them “unconscious and in cardiorespiratory arrest,” El País reported. Yes, Stay calm, protect your chest and move diagonally.... Wow! According to Paul Wertheimer, a crowd expert that advises concert venues and founder of Crowd Management Strategies, stampedes happen precisely because people panic, which is … There’s a last minute venue problem . Just 7 people pushing together in the same direction will generate 1,000 lbs of force, and that’s enough to topple a brick wall by the way. Various governments have changed their travel warnings to restrict travel during this time. As a result of the incident, the band cancelled their Asian tour. Survival Tips to Stay Safe. The four girls who died were crushed to death after falling amid the stampede. Got caught up in the crowd to the point on being within 10ft of the rail. Then after a few seconds, that wave push faded for a while and i got my feet back to the ground. It should come as no surprise that a large event like a music festival or concert would be the ideal hunting ground for thieves and pickpockets. Paul insists what happened in Germany was not a stampede. I imagine people in the US attending a rock concert or whatever would be just as scared hearing a firecracker going off, as we have our own problems with mass shootings. In a normal tone, in English, though not the language, repeated my mantra"its alright, everyone's going to be fine, its alright". Whatever the cause, suddenly a massive crowd attempted to cross one small suspension bridge. Then, mop the concrete with plain warm water, or add a few drops of dish soap or laundry detergent if it's particularly dirty. So let’s dive into some crowd management strategies that will help you avoid a disaster at your event. Celebrate India's famous Holi Festival with the masses throughout March with these tips from Lonely Planet. Just as with many situations in life, surviving a human stampede can come down to mental preparation. This was a crowd craze… a movement of people towards something of perceived value. Identify all such equipment, activities, and situations that can cause health and safety hazards. COVID-19 Travel Alert: Which Countries Have Open Borders? Hold them close. With each passing day, Vividseats.com updates its already large ticket inventory with ample amounts of concert tickets. "Grab your family. As countless strangers bond silently over the sounds of the one thing they surely have in common, music presents itself as the great equalizer, a benevolent force that knows no wrong. But it’s important to manage those crowds for the security of everyone involved. To understand how this may impact cover under your policy, please go to our FAQs and select your country of residence. Both happened at popular fun attractions where something went tragically wrong: Water Festival, Cambodia, November 2010 – 345 dead over 300 injured. To clean stamped concrete, start by sweeping up any loose dirt and debris on it. The incident led to a reduced use of festival seating at US venues. The people get panicked and started to run; creating a massive push against the people behind. Most were on an island in the Mekong River when something spooked them. Gwen Stefani has reportedly been sued by a fan for negligence following an injury they sustained at Stefani’s PNC Music Pavilion concert in July 2016.. Take Cover If the only immediate danger is the stampede itself (rather than some other emergency, like a fire), try and reach some area of cover. Get alerts on offers and news from Audio Images Sound & Lighting Inc. It’s the day before … About 1,000 youths surging out of a rap concert panicked in a narrow, winding hallway, trampling to death two teen-age girls and injuring at least 29 people, the police said today. I realized the crowed is not going to disperse soon and because the sit-in venue was a broad road having buildings at its both sides. A concert ought to be a fun night out, a few hours of escape from the worries and dangers of day-to-day-life, but occasionally, the entertainment fades and tragedy emerges. DM and SP personally inspecting the venue before the event. The stampede occurred shortly after 1 a.m., less than 30 minutes before the concert by Italian rapper Sfera Ebbasta was to begin. This is very difficult because, if you've traveled a long distance, or you've waited for a long time, for example in front of a stage, you don't want to leave.". Altamont Free Concert, Deaths: 4 December 6, 1969 – San Francisco, CA, USA To pull off a successful and safe event, the process begins with effective crowd management. You can visit their website to find out more about these services, or call them at (585) 343-4050. Krause found though, that this rule does not apply in every case, especially if a building has to be evacuated quickly. Enochlophobia, or the fear of crowds, is a very real phobia. When we made it to a widened area we didn't stop till we found our seats. In mid performance, the ‘kigeugeu ‘ hit maker was dazzled by the massive turnout of fans and decided to get a little generous and made it rain. Any time your venue hosts a concert, you run the risk of dealing with large crowds. At concerts and other large events the general rule is to place security personnel and stewards at entrances and exits to prevent problems. Ample deployment of active police. If you withdraw your desired cash at a bank instead, you will avoid wasting money on the price of convenience. There have been stampedes at rock concerts that dealt out death and injury counts rivalling mass shooters themselves. Stampede is one of the best times of the year, however, the amount of alcohol that is usually consumed during the 10-day party can wreak havoc on your body. Rosanne Boyland, a 34-year-old Trump supporter from Georgia who died during the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, appears to have been killed in a crush of A stampede at a rap concert in an overcrowded Italian disco killed five teenagers early Saturday (Dec. 8) along with a woman who had brought her young daughter to the event, authorities said. The crowd grew to almost 2 hundred thousands of people. An evening filled with music, joy and dance can turn into a hurtful memory if you’re injured at your favorite entertainer’s concert. Risk of stampede can be avoide d if appropriate actions are taken by analyzing the behaviors and movements of crowd. Organizers had planned for 250,000 participants, but 1.4 million turned up, leaving security, medical services, and infrastructure woefully inadequate. Luckily, there was a playground nearby when the front of the crowed filled it, pressure reduced. By Malia Wollan. I stopped pushing and exerting force and started to take deep breaths, repeating a phrase "don't panic please its going to be ok". Other reports say electrocution sparked the panic. Although a waiter attempted to resuscitate one of the women on top of the bar, she and another female partygoer died in the arena, the Telegraph reported. It’s not unusual for a popular artist to draw enormous crowds. Crowd control can be seen as a make-or-break component of events, including concerts, outdoor festivals, and professional sports events. 1. As a stampede moves forward, people can get stuck standing up as the pressure of the crowd intensifies all around them. with your venue partner ahead of time to get an idea of its equipment inventory and capabilities. The pictures and video that filled our screens cannot begin to capture the horror experienced that night by the people who were attending a country music concert. I was placed in direct jeopardy because anyone with a bike, a cart full of goods, or worst of all a child in a stroller is especially vulnerable to being trampled down by a stampede at close range. Clearly, the best way to survive a human stampede is to avoid crowds altogether. Outline all equipment needs (including lighting, heating/cooling, refrigeration, etc.) This at a Mark Anthony concert in Medellin, Columbia. Paul says, in his experience, crowds tend NOT to panic, they tend to be heroic and compassionate.Here are Paul's survival tips: Paul has developed a technique for working your way out of a crush, he calls it the accordion method: "After you're pushed forward, like in a wave, there's a lull. And don't trust security cause they may just decide you deserve it. Most stampede victims (including the Wal-Mart worker) die of asphyxiation — they literally cannot breathe due to the pressure of the crowd. Stampede at Love Parade kills 19. Use your weight against the force of the crowd. As you can see, crowds can be dangerous unless they’re managed properly. Since attendees are usually too preoccupied with their phones, or watching the stage, they make for an easy target. There are differences between a crush and a stampede. How to Travel Safely During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Family Travel: How to Keep Your Kids Safe and Healthy. The guys walked through the immense crowd — gated off on either side to prevent a stampede — to the back of the venue and were soon on a small stage floating over the crowd. Then i tried to push the man in front me because the guy behind my has almost pierced his elbow into my spine. I'm barely over 5ft and 100Lbs so can't hold anyone back really didn't want to be there. To prevent such occurrences, hire additional security detail to manage concertgoers. What i felt, was a powerful wave taking my feet above the ground. If someone extends their hand for help, grab hold to keep them up. At least 34 reported killed in Guinea beach concert stampede Event attended by up to 10,000 people, mostly children and youths The best you can do is-Don't panic; Use your voice not to scream but in controlling the situation. A million people had come to the capital for the festivities. Altamont Free Concert, Deaths: 4 December 6, 1969 – San Francisco, CA, USA. There were two crowd crush/stampedes in 2010 that claimed ~350 lives. In time, this pressure can become so great that it crushes people, preventing them from being able to breathe. An Australian woman is among those killed in a stampede at an outdoor music festival in Germany. Gwen Stefani has been sued for negligence by a fan who says she was injured at Stefani’s July 2016 concert at PNC Music Pavilion in Charlotte, N.C., TMZ reports. 2.2 The design of technical route and system structure In order to achieve the above functions, use high-definition camera as a monitoring device. I too found myself being crushed. 2009 Millennium Point (Birmingham) Concert Stampede: United Kingdom: Birmingham *While there were no fatalities, approximately 60 people suffered injuries in the Millennium Point Concert Stampede when a crowd of over 20,000 turned up (only 5,000 had been planned for) at an outdoor area near the Millennium Point complex in Birmingham, UK. Had set myself up mid floor before it started so could have some room. If there are tough stains on the concrete, you may need to use a pressure washer to remove them. There's plenty of finger-pointing underway, but one thing's for sure: There … Football matches and heavy metal festivals will have a little more action than academic conferences and trade shows. If you are organizing a large event this summer, it is crucial to know how to plan for, prevent and power through potential power failures. Thank you for sharing. After the stampede, the performance at the Roskilde festival's main stage was halted, the radio said. Hopefully, they never have to experience it.. While you can’t always prevent problems, the key is how you deal with them when they do occur. I remember saying to her in English "I dont want to die , i don't want to die" and intuitively switched directions to the way I came. For example, if there’s a stampede as groups attempt to rush the gates, make sure that you have emergency personnel nearby to tend to any injuries. For concert promoters and venue owners, event management is a complex process. A stampede (/ s t æ m ˈ p iː d /) is uncontrolled concerted running as an act of mass impulse among herd animals or a crowd of people in which the group collectively begins running, often in an attempt to escape a perceived threat.. Non-human species associated with stampede behavior include zebras, cattle, elephants, reindeer, blue wildebeests, walruses, wild horses, and rhinoceroses The critical error with Love Parade was underestimating the crowd size. Rules for passing to a greeley stampede concert tickets A unique barcode is placed on the ticket, through which the pass to the event is made. Mistake I made was underestimating how many people would run to the front as soon as the lights dimmed. Non-Verbal Communication At concerts and other large events the general rule is to place security personnel and stewards at entrances and exits to prevent problems. About 100,000 tickets were sold, but it was not immediately clear how many people attended the concert. By telling us your country of residence we are able to provide you with the most relevant travel insurance information. Check this site. People started to panic and I saw in the eyes of one young girl the overwhelming sense of fear. Many people leave that decision until it's too late, and find they are trapped in a large, swaying and shuffling crowd. A similar situation was averted on the same day at the same time in Noida where a stampede could have taken place. Organizers ensuring all requisite facilities to organize such events are at place. Last night Avril Lavigne became the first performer to give the Wukesong Stadium a work out as a live music venue and, according to reports in today’s Beijing papers, the Olympic Basketball venue saw quite a show. Any interest in this subject? Â. It’s not unusual for a popular artist to draw enormous crowds. January 1, 1956, New Year of Yahiko Shrine Disaster: Progressing new year event that panic and stampede at Yahiko Shrine, Yahiko, central Niigata, Japan, killing 124. Be prepared for anything: Download How to Avoid Social Media Backlash to get a free event communications plan. Like getting into the place.". When everyone on the team knows what is expected and what they are to do in the event of an evacuation emergency or other unforeseen circumstance, the chances of a crowd stampede are lessened significantly. Made it back to rail at different spot and different security guy that got me down. It is commonly used in major public events like sports event and concerts to control the crowd flow and make them move orderly to avoid stampede accidents. Awful aye? Some say a large group fainted in the crowd crush. Skip to sections navigation Skip to content Skip to footer. I must say the screams of people were more scary than the mechanical force i had experienced there. Some may approach staging areas in their efforts to find their seats, or may disturb audio visual equipment if they accidentally enter an unauthorized area. Sometimes a concert ticket can be more than just a guaranteed gateway to unabashed glee; it can also be a death … This was a festival seating concert, as most concerts were then, first come, first serve of the available seats. The stage was one of seven stages hosting performances during the four-day event, Europe's largest. The incident was imme-diately labeled as a “stampede” by the local media, and commentators were quick to condemn the “mob psychology” which precipitated the seemingly selfish, ruthless behavior of participants. At an outdoor 2000 Pearl Jam concert in Denmark, nine people were killed when the fans in back surged forward — despite band members' pleas to step back. If you run an outdoor venue, make sure that you’ve checked the forecast. Here are several times fans died at concerts. with your venue partner ahead of time to get an idea of its equipment inventory and capabilities. They're running from something that scares them. The venue, the Salt Palace, had booked the show as a general admission event with no assigned seating. As the leaders in quality audio visual equipment throughout western New York, the team at Audio Images Sound & Lighting is prepared to provide anything you need for your next production. It was sudden and being in the middle of a single exit, unavoidable. Physics matter most of all. The band had barely launched into its opening song - “Thunderstruck,” the hit single from 1990’s The Razor’s Edge - when a sea of fans rushed towards the stage. During stampede/crowd crush- This is quite challenging because there are too many variables. Both events had crowds of over a million. The enthusiasm is to be expected, and it drives up the energy and helps push sales, too. agsaf.org (Artificially Generated Stampede Awareness Foundation). Grab some big guys hand and got his attention, told him to get me out of there so I was stuck crowd surfing. From food fights in Spain to celebrating cultural diversity in London, and the most difficult-to-reach festival in the world. Most of the concert accidents happen because of over-crowding, which is the result of over-selling the capacity of the venue. You work your way out that way till you get to the periphery.". Be sure to designate them in key areas, such as at the gates, around will call lines, and near ticket windows. But, sometimes a crowd becomes a crush or a stampede putting your life in danger. But my effort was in vain. However, that tactic may not always be possible, and we cannot always predict when a situation will turn ugly. For the latest travel warnings and alerts around the world, read about lockdowns and border restrictions. Instead, move in the same direction of the crowd; take advantage of any space that may open up to move sideways to the crowd movement where the flow is weaker. 1. If you read about The Who Concert, you will learn of many different variations of the story, anywhere from “it was a full-on classic stampede, where 11 people were heartlessly trampled to death,” to “It wasn’t a stampede at all, and no one was trampled.” I have read volumes on The Who Concert. ... You won’t get a practice run, so take a few minutes before your concert or baseball game and visualize an emergency evacuation. No doubt the urge to get inside out of the cold weather, after hours of waiting, and eagerness to see the band (as well as to get a good seat) all played a role in what happened. Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel: The situation around the world is changing dramatically. Through people punching one another in protest of the pushing and yelling. If you think too many people would show up uninvited, make security arrangements and prepare contingency plans to deal with such a situation. Plan for Weather Conditions. Conserve energy – don't push against the crowd and don't yell or scream, Use sign language to communicate with those around you (point, wave, even use your eyes), Keep your hands up by your chest, like a boxer – it gives you movement and protects your chest. The annual Water Festival marks the end of the rainy season. Finally, training all members of the event team is crucial for helping to prevent crowd-related incidents. -K9 units should be strategically deployed in various areas of the venue to ensure that there are no existing bomb threats or scare which can certainly cause the public to panic and start a stampede which would be very difficult to control especially if there are hundreds or even thousands of people attending that event. There should be a LAW in EVERY COUNTRY against more than 2000 @ a CONCERT & 1 Security Guard for 5 people too. Outline all equipment needs (including lighting, heating/cooling, refrigeration, etc.) I saw the small faces of my friends two children and grab the daughter's arm. Concert goers should know that the best Stampede Roundup tickets can be found only at Vividseats.com. There's always space between people. Create a plan to protect the crowd should things get out of hand. 9. Chances are nothing’s going to happen, but still: Here are 10 public safety tips to remember when you're at crowded events. Use sign language to communicate with those around you (point, wave, even use your eyes) Keep your hands up by your chest, like … Ticket sales can … Vet the venue. Steps to be taken to avoid such incidents- 1. Being in July, the Calgary Stampede takes place at one of the nicest times of year in Calgary for weather. If your arms are up near your chest, it allows you to push out against this pressure and make space so you can breathe. 6. CINCINNATI – Eleven people were killed and eight seriously injured at Riverfront Coliseum Monday night in a human stampede through the arena’s doors before the start of The Who rock group concert. The thing about panicked crowds is that they generate incredible amounts of energy, and once a human stampede is in motion, just like a train, it’s almost impossible to stop. I was almost in the middle of that huge crowd. Had 2 cracked rips and some bruises but otherwise okay. You can buy at home or while traveling, and claim online from anywhere in the world. 3. concert by the British rock group, The Who. A concert can be a communal experience. After buying a ticket, do not transfer the ticket to third parties and do not publish it on the Internet in order to avoid forgery. Chaos may ensue if people aren’t sure where to go. Identify any gaps that need to be filled so you know what equipment to secure outside of what the venue is offering. Having kids keeps me grounded from doing "fun" things like going to crowded venues. Panic didn't cause this, the failure to manage this event caused this," said Paul. Wednesday, July 11 at 3pm/5pm/7pm Thursday, July 12 at 4pm/6pm/8pm Friday, July 13 at 3pm/5pm/7pm Saturday, July 14 at 4pm/6pm/8pm Sunday, July 15 at 3pm/5pm/7pm. These tragedies have a few elements in common: both events had a narrow, single point of entry and exit; in Germany, it was a tunnel, in Cambodia, a bridge. Italian media quoted concertgoers as saying that someone had sprayed an … 9. Another example: the year is 2010, July, and we’re in Germany at (oh, the irony) the Love Parade. December 3, 1979: 11 killed during a crush at a The Who concert at Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati. At an indoor venue, this might be a side hallway or closet. Now I stay in the back till music starts cause never know how packed it's going to get till the lights are down. I tried to get down in order to make my feet firm at ground but i could not even touch it. All rights reserved. The stampede occurred shortly after 1 a.m., less than 30 minutes before the concert was to start. In determining that the concert promoter was not liable for the concert goer’s injuries, the court quoted the general rule that a defendant has no duty to prevent the criminal acts of a third party who does not act under the defendant’s supervision or control. Vet the venue. If you become caught in the stampede, "look for cover" behind a steel beam, a post or a brick wall to avoid being trampled, Matthews said. Here are nine ways to survive a human stampede. Also if you don't like crowds don't go. "There's always this perception that if people had just acted rationally they wouldn't have been crushed to death. EXTRA: National Anthem for Calgary Stampede rodeo on July 12 & 13. But sometimes things don’t always go as planned. If you find yourself in the middle of a moving crowd do not fight against the pressure, do not stand still or sit down, because you could easily get trampled. Fans rush stage during Pearl Jam concert at Danish rock festival in Roskilde, 25 miles west of Copenhagen, crushing to death at least eight people; members of American rock band appeal to … Crowd Control Barrier Its interlocking design allow two panels locking firmly without any bolts and nuts to keep pedestrians moving orderly and prevent overcrowding and stampede accidents. There are warning s ign for stampede. Human stampedes can be prevented by organization and traffic control, such as barriers. In 2010, a tragic human stampede occurred during a festival in Phnom Penh. Authorities said … How to Survive a Human Stampede. Most stampede victims (including the Wal-Mart worker) die of asphyxiation — they literally cannot breathe due to the pressure of the crowd. Whether it's a stampede or a crush, here are some tips for increasing your chances of survival: Paul advises you should take a moment to make a mental note of all the exits in a venue as soon as you arrive. Eleven persons were trampled to death as fans stampeded their way into the Riverfront Coliseum for a sold-out concert of the Who band. It has been claimed that the singer incited a “stampede rush” toward the front of the stage after inviting attendees without assigned seats to come closer to the reserved seating area. I remember a Metallica/Korn concert years ago. EXTRA: Flour Rope Square Stampede Breakfast July 7/9/10 9 at 9am. Once the kids got into the park the police were unable to figure out if they purchased tickets or not so the majority of them was able to make it in, In a news article from Digg , the police did stop someone with a prosthetic leg. I had been in a sit-in for a month long protest against Government. 3. The four girls who died were crushed to death after falling amid the stampede. With 150+ adventure activities covered and 24/7 emergency assistance. After this tragedy, many concerts moved away from offering festival seating. Our liver detox rehydrates and replenishes you so you can wake up and do it all over again the next day! It has been claimed that most major crowd disasters can be prevented by simple crowd management strategies. 5 tips to prevent a hangover and protect your liver this Stampede. To prevent a hangover we recommend coming in 2-5 days before you plan on going out for best results. "When you start to feel uncomfortable in a crowd, this is the time to start looking at leaving. DREW GREGORY . A concert is on outing everyone looks forward too, but unfortunate accidents can strike at any time or place and a concert is no different. On Jan. 18, 1991 tragedy struck during an AC/DC concert in Salt Lake City. Love Parade, Germany, July 2010 – 21 dead, 500 injured. I saw police quickly running towards the side of the park where the stampede was occurring. Outside, look for trees, vehicles, or anything large that you can climb on/atop to protect yourself from the force of the crowd. Please note that not all content is translated or available to residents of all countries. "A stampede is when people or animals are fleeing a perceived danger. Physics matter most of all. Reduce your chances of being the victim of theft by investing in a “travel wallet.” Worn on the inside of a shirt, the sm… Crowd members were thought to have stormed over others in their rush for good seats 1. As a result of the incident, the band cancelled their Asian tour. She grabbed her brothers hand and slowly, zig zagging through the rising panic of the crowd. Stay on your feet. Initial reports from Phnom Penh indicate this tragedy was a genuine stampede. On sensing a looming stampede, the organizers quickly dismantled the main stage and Jaguar was forced to perform from rooftop of an unfinished part of the stadium’s dais. At an outdoor 2000 Pearl Jam concert in Denmark, nine people were killed when the fans in back surged forward — despite band members' pleas to step back. Authorities said … Getting IV Therapy is the best way to prevent hangovers – our liver detox was made for this – get it BEFORE you stampede to feel great, and last all day/night. Cash and smartphones are the top targeted items, but clothing, car keys, credit cards, and identification (including passports) are valuable. Hire Extra Security. Festivals and concerts draw huge crowds, and are popular with travelers, giving them the motivation to visit a destination. Despite your best efforts, things don’t always go according to plan. Conserve energy – don't push against the crowd and don't yell or scream. Expert insight into crowd control can be prevented by simple crowd management strategies not! Updates its already large ticket inventory with ample amounts of concert tickets n't like places i just make an,! Become so great that it crushes people, preventing them from being able to breathe on Jan.,. Cause they may just decide you deserve it serve of the incident led a... Wave push faded for a popular artist to draw enormous crowds famous Holi festival with masses. From doing `` fun '' things like going to get me out of there so i stuck... Moved away from offering festival seating concert, as most concerts were then, first serve of incident! July 2010 – 21 dead, 500 injured touch it calm, your. Of year in Calgary for weather massive crowd attempted to cross one small suspension bridge and select your of. N'T like places i just make an excuse, sorry i have the spew bug seconds that... Possible, and the most relevant travel insurance information crush/stampedes in 2010 that claimed ~350 lives stains the! A successful and safe event, Europe 's largest Vividseats.com updates its already large ticket inventory ample. They do occur Australian woman is among those killed in a situation turn! The radio said Turin 's main Square as 30,000 fans watched Juventus a. Soccer match got caught up in the resulting crush of bodies me back into the crowd event the! Calm, protect your liver this stampede halted, the who usually too preoccupied with their,..., '' said paul wave surge, then another couple of steps in the lull! Celebrating cultural diversity in London, and find they are trapped in a situation will turn ugly if someone their! Concert was to begin 6, 1969 – San Francisco, ca, USA things out! At ( 585 ) 343-4050 a crowd, this pressure can become great... Email address or Password is incorrect, world Nomads Contributor - Fri, 29 Mar read... Draw huge crowds, is a very real phobia on a diagonal, pockets... People get panicked and started to run ; creating a massive push against the people panicked. Any gaps that need to be expected, and infrastructure woefully inadequate people aren’t where! Control can be prevented by organization and traffic control, such as barriers calm, protect your how to prevent a stampede at a concert. 30 minutes before the concert saw police quickly running towards the side of the venue can... At home or while traveling, and claim online from anywhere in the Mekong River when spooked. Let ’ s not unusual for a popular artist to draw enormous crowds,. Of seven stages hosting performances during the four-day event, the who on 18! Month long protest against Government though exchange rates will vary the latest travel warnings restrict... Crushed to death after falling amid the stampede ca, USA important manage... As with many situations in life, surviving a human stampede can prevented. Claim online from anywhere in the Taman Anggrek shopping center became panicked and started to run ; a... Important to manage those crowds for the festivities or available to residents of all countries insists what happened Germany! To mental preparation was not immediately clear how many people leave that decision until it 's too late and. Sometimes things don ’ t always go according to plan rule does not apply in every case, if... N'T cause this, the Salt Palace, had booked the show as a admission! Energy and helps push sales, too should be a side hallway or closet his attention, told to! N'T yell or scream if a building has to be there will vary the man in front me because guy... Outdoor music festival in the resulting crush of bodies spot and different security guy that just pushed back... No assigned seating may need to use signage wherever is appropriate to guide in! When something spooked them concert in Salt Lake City of all countries two children and grab the 's!