If it's still hard, just re-cover and stick it back in the oven. Overall I wouldn’t say this recipe is bad, it is a good one, it just needs a little tweak. Over cooked chicken & mushy rice! I'm glad that you're enjoying the recipes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The difference with brown rice, though, is the cooking time. A dd the uncooked rice and let it saute for a few minutes.. It's down-home, country-style cooking! Add some salt, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook the chicken until tender, about 45 minutes. Enjoy! The rice needs that liquid to absorb as it cooks. Thank you so much for this super easy and delicious recipe! Wil definitely make again. This was absolutely delicious. Hope that helps, and let me know if you give it a try! Hey there!! Your share is very awesome. Continue to cook covered another 8 minutes on … . Hi! The rice cooks slowly in the pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and creating this great creamy consistency. Not only does it taste delicious, but Rachel's Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole could not be easier! Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole Recipe - BettyCrocker.com How can you get mushy rice when there’s not enough liquid? I hope this turns ou good for me. Was really yummy. I used frozen peas and carrots, and topped it off with a whole bag of Mexican Sargento cheese bag. I really like my broccoli cooked more than the average person and I'm unsure if it will get to the point i like. The cream of mushroom should work well! Wonderful, Amy! The changes are due to the fact that we have an elderly relative residing with us, so I must cook as 'healthy' as possible. Thank you! I had to throw the whole thing away. To make it even faster and easier, I used a rotisserie chicken from my grocery store and just pulled that off the bone, did not pre-cook the rice (instead put it in the casserole dry and added one can of low-sodium chicken broth to the mix), and used 1 package of shredded velveeta and 1 package of shredded sharp cheddar. Cooking time can vary depending on your oven, and also on the type of dish that you're using (metal, vs. nonstick, vs. glass, vs. stoneware). That doesn't sound right. Tips and Notes. This is a very satisfying, flavorful dinner your whole family will love. In a large mixing bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients until evenly combined. The cheese on top was yummylicious! It's also cheaper than instant rice) Then I take 16 oz of whatever cheese I have in the house and shred it. Success! . I'm not sure! Will let u know!! I have found your website SO helpful with meal planning. . Dont bother using this one. This didn't work out for me! Both my husband and I really enjoyed it, so it will definitely be added to our rotation! Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole A creamy, cheesy blend of chicken breasts and broccoli stars in this quick and … Brown rice can take anywhere from 75-90 minutes to bake in the oven. The brown rice should work I used wild/black rice and its freakin awesome! One can of soup is equal to about 1.25 cups. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes or until the rice is tender. Broccoli - I used fresh broccoli, chopped it and steamed until tender. Once the rice starts to pick up a little color, add the chicken broth and cook the rice about half way. Hi, Sofia! This recipe was not bad. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. , I haven't tried this particular recipe with brown rice, but I've made similar dishes with brown rice that worked fine. I've recommended it others several times. Followed you before I became a Mom, but now as a first time mom I loved that this recipe took only 5 minutes to put together and I had something hot ready to eat and serve while our little 1 month old was in his bassinet. Thanks again for the recipe. Thanks and have a nice day! Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from … Hope that helps! Cover and simmer 10 minutes on med-low heat. My husband loved it, and we had plenty of leftovers! But I did bake it an extra 20 minutes and the rice was still hard. Chicken and rice recipes … The quick-cooking rice is parboiled, so it won't absorb as much liquid as the long grain rice. You can bake it directly from the freezer if you've prepared it in an oven-safe dish, but you'll need to significantly increase the baking time so that it has a chance to heat through. My husband LOVED this and asked me to put it in our regular dinner rotation. Thanks, Hi, Vera! Tips Save on prep time by using uncooked rice! I would leave it ALL DAY or overnight, but 3-4 hours should be fine! Thanks for your sharing. Will it stil turn out okay? I tried with brown rice and two hours later the rice is not cooked!! I'm so glad that you found a new keeper! That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! Season it all with salt and pepper, give it a stir, and cover the dish tightly with foil. If desired, sprinkle the top of the casserole with grated cheese and return to the oven for a few more minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Add a packet of onion soup mix INSTEAD of chopping onions, then 2 cans of whatever condensed creamy soups you like (we use 1 chicken and 1 brocoli), a cup of milk, the butter, and a bag of frozen brocoli. So glad that you liked it! Brown or wild rice also work, for a saucy result, increase water to 2 cups. It was my first successful attempt at baking rice in the oven. Take care of yourself, and try to enjoy those baby snuggles when you're not totally sleep-deprived. I made this with 5 min-instant brown rice, a 12 oz box of GF cream of mushroom soup, 3/4 c chicken broth and 1/4 c water, 10 oz frozen broccoli (thawed), 2c chopped rotisserie chicken and topped with Colby Jack cheese. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom. Can you freeze this dish? Thanks, Krystal! It really needs some onions, garlic, bacon or additional seasonings. Are you using Uncle Ben's Original "Ready Rice" in the microwaveable packets? I do not know what flavor it will be, of course, I will try it over the weekend, hoping everyone in the family will like it. I used fresh broccoli instead of frozen, and I topped it with jack cheese instead of cheddar! I love your recipes the chicken bruschetta is amazing also! I know I did cook it a little too long, but any other ideas to keep it moist? Broccoli - I used fresh broccoli, chopped it and steamed until tender. After the hour cooking time I took it out and topped with lots or cheese and French fried onions and put it back in under the broiler for 5 minutes. When chicken was cooked, i cut it up and dumped the whole frying pan, onions, garlic and all, into the casserole dish. Allow the ingredients to cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally or until the rice is cooked through and the chicken is done. I made this tonight and it was really good ! That's wonderful, Lindsay! So I was going to use mushroom. Hi, Christina! Made as written other than using fresh broccoli (and doubling amount). I found that some of the rice was still a little tough. Bring the water to the boil then cook over very low heat, covered, for 10 minutes (I would normally cook it for 15 minutes). This recipe made it to “moms regular rotation!” (Weeknight meals just got easier, bless you! I made this recipe and added carrots for color onion and cauliflower. I think so, but I haven't tried it myself. This sounds like a great recipe. . As far as the soup goes, your homemade cream of chicken soup will be perfect. Diced cooked chicken is used in the dish, and a simple white sauce with … Oh, this one looks like a winner! This Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole could be your new favorite one-pan meal that is quick, healthy and tasty. Thanks, Amberlynn! Just a guess! But because the chicken, broccoli and rice were completely cooked i am going to make it again and figure out how to make it more moist. I think it would be totally fine for just a few hours in the refrigerator. . I had a few things that needed to be eaten so I added a garlic glove, 1/4 onion, about 5 baby carrots cut in half and a tablespoon of butter and a pinch of red pepper. Hi, Karen! Hi Blair! I used long grain brown rice, cream of mushroom soup & peas instead of broccoli. Everyone in the family likes it, it makes me happy. (2 cups of chicken broth for every cup of dry rice) So glad that you enjoyed the recipe! Trying it this way to see how it turns out. Taste and adjust salt. Reduce to a simmer, and cover. You can take a look at this dump-and-bake chicken and brown rice casserole that I made last year to get a better sense for the cooking time on the brown rice: https://www.theseasonedmom.com/dump-bake-chicken-rice-casserole/. Do you think I can use orzo instead of the rice? Learn how your comment data is processed. I noticed also the liquid was not bubbling at all. The liquid would stay the same for the brown rice, but it would require an even longer cooking time (probably about 75 minutes). Thanks, Jennie! Used quick cooking brown rice , added mushrooms because I had some to use up, used chicken broth in place of the water, used fresh broccoli instead of frozen, and mixed some shredded cheese in. Made this tonight!! My son did not like this, i thought it was far too bland & flat tasting. He LOVED it! Make rice in our rice cooker just like always, then scoop 2/3 of the cooked rice into the 9 X 13 pan with the chicken. Excellent! The only saving grace for this recipe is the cheddar cheese. Add the rice, wine and stock and bring up to a boil. We will add this dish to our dinner rotation. I couldn’t use a 9x13 pan as there was not enough to fill the entire pan. , I love to cook and I'm always looking for new recipes for my menu, which makes me always interested in my work. As advertised! Omitted the onion since we neither one like onion but did add onion powder since we like the flavor. Hi, Henrietta! can I use frozen chicken breasts or thighs? Between the soups, cheeses, and dry soup mix, no additional salt or pepper is necessary. Thank you! Everybody got seconds which doesn't happen often. This Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is one of Rachel's favorite easy dinner options, and after one look at the short ingredient list I knew that it would be a winner in my house as well! The Uncle Bens Original says its parboiled long grain white rice. Hi, Netta! Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is a classic dinner recipe made entirely from scratch with wholesome ingredients and … A dd the milk, chicken broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.. This is currently in the oven. Not sure why, but every casserole or crockpot recipe I've tried that calls for uncooked rice just doesn't pan out for me. Please try again. Drain the chicken, cover, and refrigerate until cool, or up to 24 hours. It was just ok. . I added a full cup & it was still dry as a bone. I baked at 350 for 45 mins and it turned out great! This recipe was delicious and extremely easy! The recipe is quite simple and easy to prepare, added to the menu for this weekend. . I've never tried it myself, but I think the quinoa would probably work well. It had great flavors but just not what I was expecting. I'm so glad that you made it work for you! I just realized I bought the five min rice that comes in the box. I usually make everything ahead and mix it all together then bake it. My family loved it! Maybe since you doubled the recipe and had to bake it longer, the rice was overdone in some spots but not cooked through in the center? Hi, would jasmine rice work well in this recipe? Step 1. Just made this! It's definitely the right temperature, so you might want to recalibrate your oven. I was super nervous when stirring all the raw ingredients together and hoping I hadn't just made another Bad Life Choice when it came to cooking - so pleased at the end result and what a break to have the hour playing with the kids instead if standing at the stove! Hi, Kim! I don't think that coconut milk would be an equal replacement for the condensed soup for a couple of reasons. So glad that you enjoyed the dinner. Now, I’m able to make it in the Ninja Foodi, this recipe is a great addition to my list of Ninja Foodi Recipes . Was not a fan of this, turned out very bland. 45 min was too long. Didn't have any rice on hand....so I used a box of Rice-a-Roni instead (just the rice and macaroni, not the packet) and it was DELISH!!! I plan on buying a rotisserie chicken to use with another one of your recipes, do you think that would work for this one in place of the raw chicken? ), and uncooked rice. Wonderful! Yay! Don’t Use Minute Rice. Thank you!! One of my favorite Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, nice to see your recipe, easy to follow, will cook this for family this weekend. Hi, Amy! Return chicken in pot, place on … Enjoy! 8 ounces of fresh cut mushrooms. Quinoa usually cooks in about the same amount of time as white rice, but it might not be exact. This is delicious! Good recipe. I agree with Tammy’s experience- the exact same thing happened to me when I made it. It took 90 minutes to cook. Cheesy on the outside, creamy and packed with rice, chicken, and broccoli on the inside, this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is the ULTIMATE weeknight dinner recipe. I also added a little smoked paprika. Just keep an eye on it! Enjoy! . This recipe was good but needed a little adjusting. I'm sure it's yummy without it, just trying to sneak in an extra healthy twist for picky eaters , Hi, Mallorie! Hello , Can I use fresh broccoli in place of frozen? Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This is super great! Yes, that should work well, too! Aren't dump-and-bake dinners like this THE BEST? To assemble: Cut the chicken into slices or small bite-size pieces. A few grinds of the pepper mill, a loaf of garlic bread and a tossed salad...dinner was complete. You can also leave out the onion. Thank you. Will pork chops work for this? In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add to a medium pot, salt to taste, and add 3 cups of boiling water. Thanks for letting us know! I also used cream of broccoli and cream of chicken soup. I did, however, make some changes. Have also made with velveeta instead of regular cheese, and have sprinkled crushed ritz crackers on top. 2 yo Take twice the time to cook and over cooks broccoli into a mushy mess. It’s filled with chicken, broccoli, rice, cheese and a flavorful sauce that brings it all together. Good mix of flavors and very filling. It was so delicious. ), I took another user’s advice and used elbow macaroni. My daughter made this first and then I made it a couple of months later. I shredded white cheddar and put it one everything. I added sautéed onions and garlic. I have never combined eggs with broccoli i made this for my finicky boyfriend last night! It was delicious! This recipe Did not work out! Enjoy! I cooked everything seperatly combined with the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken then cooked for 30 minutes, Hi, Margaret Mary! Info. Thanks for your sharing. I also plan to use 'heart healthy' canned soup, and "French's" Onions for the topping, instead of cheese. Thanks for letting us know! I added onion and garlic powder and it helped bring out the flavor of the chicken. Rice - Do not use instant and cook in chicken broth before putting all ingredients together. Topped with melty cheddar cheese, this homemade casserole packs comfort in every bite! Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice was my favorite meal growing up, I used to love that creamy rice that went with. This sounds so delicious, and the perfect stay healthy option for this season! It was still a bit bland. It adds just the right amount of flavor! Step 3. Thank you for sharing this Delicious and easy to prepare recipe! Thank you! You would need to reduce the amount of liquid in the dish, or just have more "sauce" in the end. I'll have to try that next time!! Let stand 5 minutes. If you try the cauliflower rice, it will not absorb liquid or release thickening starches like the regular rice does, so the consistency of the casserole will be different. Since white cooks so fast I was leaning on making it with brown. Hi, Jenn! Large frozen chicken breasts will take a LONG time to bake. Made it last night. Would make again. My son loves this dish, I am very happy and grateful to you for sharing this recipe. Thank you so much for your kind words, Sarah! Can you just bake it in the toaster oven following the same instructions (375 degrees F for 1 hour)? could you use chicken that was cooked in this recipe? . Yes -- I would suggest doubling all of the ingredients and baking two casseroles side by side in 9 x 13-inch dishes. Curry powder, black pepper & paprika added a kick, and I baked it for an additional 15 minutes to heat it all the way through. Add chicken stock, 1/2 tsp of salt. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. The meat is juicy, the broccoli is tender, and the dish is like a giant, comforting hug on a cool evening. Look yummy! Then mix all ingredients together and add salt, pepper, and garlic salt (I used Lowry's) to taste. Thanks, Williams! Added a little more water and put back in the oven .. wish I had checked it before I started to eat. Oh, good to know! So glad that you found it. A delicious, easy, healthy and comforting casserole made with chicken, broccoli and rice. Rice - Do not use instant and cook in chicken broth before putting all ingredients together. I was planning on getting this ready to go in the baking dish and then popping it in the refrigerator for my husband to put in the oven a few hours later. Yum! Yes, I think that should work too, Ashley! I used brown rice and 12 oz. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). My tips: don't go over 1 cup rice, diced frozen uncooked chicken breast works just as well as fresh/thawed, make a good "seal" with your tin foil, and don't be afraid to try short grain rice - personally I like the result better than with long grain. I have no idea if it will work or not. 5 Stars because it is super easy, super quick, super yummy, and all 4 kids LOVED it, even my green-aversion kid who doesn't eat veggies. . Looks great! I am really disappointed with this recipe and it should be adjusted accordingly. My husband and I Really enjoyed it. My oven temperature is accurate, so maybe 375 was too low and I should have tried a higher temperature. Thanks! Love the ease of the recipe. I am a happily divorced man who likes to make healthy meals. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly. Hi, Steve! I'd say if you're going to make this recipe, season the chicken before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients and add some additional seasonings. I used thawed chicken breast from m and m, the chicken soup called for, rice and I put frozen peas and broccoli in. Would either of these work in your recipe? So mad. That's great, Danny! It just gives it a little added flavor, but is still very good without it. A pound of processed cheese is enough to overwhelm any meal, and the canned chunk chicken is not so good either. Mushy rice is typically a sign that it's over-done and just baked for too long. Should you bake it first? I left this one in my oven for an hour and a half and the rice was still pretty hard. I have never seen this dish before. Then mix all ingredients together and add salt, pepper, and garlic salt (I used Lowry's) to taste. You're right -- I think the instant brown rice would be a better swap here. , Could I use skinless boneless chicken thighs instead? Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until the liquid is absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through. It was delicious! It does get easier! Add 1 cup uncooked converted long-grain white rice and 1 cup water or Swanson® Chicken Broth at the end of step 2. I love that this recipe is so easy and versatile, but so delicious! Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole, Congrats! I'm going to try it with bone in thighs and mozzarella & garlic white cheddar cheese. If serving this for a group of adults I would suggest passing a jar Of hot salsa and a container of sour cream. This will be a keeper! Can this be made without the rice? Sorry that it didn't work out for you! The cooking time was too long also. Hoping to use up the rotisserie chicken! Do you think it would turn out ok? Yes, you can double the rice, but you'll also need to double the chicken soup and water. That's not what you want to use for this recipe. I would worry that freezing and re-heating the dish after it's baked might dry it out a bit. It turned out DIVINE. Yes, brown rice requires about twice as much baking time as white rice. That's great! This recipe turned out pretty good. Your email address will not be published. Thanks for sharing! Step 2. This sounds like just the recipe I’ve been looking for, except that I wanted to add velveeta (cut up into cubes). I know you probably have no way of knowing this but all I have on hand is regular condensed chicken noodle soup. I don't know what else I could've done. It was also mushy. Since Minute rice is parboiled, it will not absorb as much liquid in the dish as the casserole bakes. My husband and I love this recipe, although I did adapt it to use fresh broccoli, 8 oz each finely shredded cheddar and mozzarella, and half of a rotisserie roasted chicken. chicken broccoli casserole, chicken broccoli rice, can condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT diluted), bag frozen baby broccoli florets (or cuts), Optional topping: ½ cup grated cheddar cheese*. I didn’t have cream of chicken, so I used cream of celery. Can I make this recipiefor eight to ten people? Just be aware that brown rice requires a longer cooking time than the long grain white rice that I called for in the recipe, so be sure to give it plenty of time to bake. . For that recipe, I used brown rice (because it has a longer cooking time, and therefore won't be overcooked by the time the chicken is done). Yes, you can absolutely use cooked chicken in this recipe. Yes, the recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or tenders) that are diced (just cut it up in bite-sized pieces). Hello, do you cut the chicken up before baking? It baked perfect. Thanks! Yes, I think it could, but you'd have to decrease the liquid since you won't have any rice to absorb the water as it cooks. Didn’t make a difference. I just tried this recipe. You will probably want to decrease the amount of liquid that you start with. Hope that helps! . Hi, Shannon! Example: 1 cup uncooked rice will require one and one-half cups of water to fully cook it through and not al dente. If you're using the brown rice and the thin-sliced chicken breasts (you can even try to cut your frozen chicken breasts in half or in smaller pieces, if possible), I would say that you could bake the dish at 400 degrees for about 90 minutes. It was great with cream of mushroom! I added 1cup of water instead of the 3/4 that it called for. Sprinkle the broccoli evenly over the chicken and rice mixture and stir to combine. Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil a nonstick skillet.. Hi, Jessie! This recipe can be made with Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, and Broccoli Cheese. I'll have to give both of these a try! I would omit the rice, leave out the water, and thin the sauce a little bit with milk until it reaches your desired consistency. Mine came out dry. One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Rice is an essential back-pocket recipe for those really busy nights that takes just 20 minutes to prepare and is all made in ONE pot! Rice - Do not use instant and cook in chicken broth before putting all ingredients together. Hello! In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the scallion whites, sugar, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, … Has anyone used cauliflower rice instead of rice? Also topped with cheese and gluten free pablo crumbs. At the end I added 3/4 cups (we love cheese in this house) of a shredded cheddar blend and turned on the broiler to get it perfectly melted. This one was wonderful and so easy my 11 year old could make it... in fact he probably will next time! When diced, the thighs should cook in the same amount of time as the breast meat, so there's no need to adjust your baking time. Add half the milk, stirring as you go, and once incorporated into the flour add the rest of the milk … To make the rice, add a drizzle of olive oil to a medium-sized pot/deep pan (with lid) and saute the onion and garlic until soft and fragrant. Its in the oven now, cant wait to taste it!! I've made it twice already, and I even just made a double batch, freezing one for later! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Your recipes are perfect for me right now seeing as I'm in the middle of renovating with most of my kitchen gear packed away. Stirred in shredded cheese. Can diced chicken thighs be used in this recipe? Yes, I imagine that it would work in the slow cooker as well, but I haven't tested it myself (so you'll have to guess on the timing and just keep an eye on it). Perfect, Takisha! Seems like it will take another 30 minutes before it's done. I've used instant WHITE rice in other recipes (like this one https://www.theseasonedmom.com/dump-bake-aloha-chicken-rice/ ), and in that recipe I baked the dish at 425 degrees F for about 30 minutes. So glad that your family enjoyed it as well, and thanks for taking the time to come back here and leave a note! Would it work in the slow cooker? for families with kids. RUINS THE DISH! Awesome, Kevin! Then we top with sliced provolone cheese which we always have in the house anyway, and bake as per instructions. Hi, Allison! Delicious and will be definitely making again. With an optional sprinkle of cheese on top, the end result is a one-pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole that looks (and tastes) like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove! I did have to use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken, because the grocery store was out of the healthier brand of cream of chicken that I like to use. (2 cups of chicken broth for every cup of dry rice) It was so easy and fast to make. The recipe calls for long grain white rice. I'll have to try the carrots next time! My family loves the recipe and I love the one bowl to combine and one baking dish. Super dry. I made it for my family and they was really good, they said. Before you know it, dinner is ready to be served and devoured. A few tablespoons of butter wouldn't hurt either. If you baked the rice at 375 for an hour, there's no way that it shouldn't be bubbling. Only baked for 40-45minutes. I just love this receipe! First off it lacks flavor so make sure you season the crap out of it. Love, a full-time working toddler Mama xoxo. Next, stir in the broccoli florets and continue cooking. Good base recipe that you can probably add as you need to if you have stuff to use up like i did. It adds just the right amount of flavor!**. Not that I know of. REALLY enjoyed (he begged for more lol)! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Is this going to be ok since it is parboiled? You will not need to adjust the cooking time too much because you still need that rice to have plenty of time to cook through. fresh broccoli and increased the baking time by 15 minutes. Dump and Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe is great! While the oven is heating, heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Hi, Francie! Whisk together until completely combined. But the only thing I don't have is cream of chicken soup. , I have tons of dump-and-bake recipes like this, so feel free to search through the archives and put your 11-year-old to work! No problem! Hope that helps! Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. I agree with Jennie, onion and garlic powder, I didn't want the cheese, so I toasted some breadcrumbs and put the casserole back in the oven for 5 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Rachel was very active in the Facebook group, where she was kind enough to share a number of different meal ideas. My daughter (age 20) and I are cooking dinner for 80 people living at the homeless shelter. Thank you! I used a little too much chicken and accidentally put a can of cheddar soup instead of the cream of chicken, So I added a little extra rice and broccoli and added the cream of chicken soup and a little extra water and it came out great. Originally published November 10, 2017 by Blair. . I added some garlic powder and onion powder in as well. Stir in uncooked rice, uncooked chicken, and frozen broccoli. It should be about the same amount of time -- give or take about 5 minutes. . Unsure since the recipe seems to have worked for others. Hello everybody! SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS! Add cream of chicken soup and water to the prepared dish. . We've used variations depending what we have on hand and it all works. I think it would be good for kids. I want to try this again! I'm so glad that it was a hit! I use the 1 can cream of mushroom soup when I make half. I did make the following changes from the recipe: Regular white rice will not cook. Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions! FABULOUS! Hi, Chandra! Do you think it will work?? Don’t be afraid to add a bit more chicken. Required fields are marked *. It was great! Hope that helps, and enjoy! Otherwise made as directed and am so pleased with this casserole. I'm so glad that you both enjoyed it, Caryn! So easy! Thanks for letting me know. I’ll never do it any other way! 80 people living at the homeless shelter with nonstick cooking spray way of this. Amount or cooking time down might accommodate for that it worked well with the recipe farmhouse kitchen in oven... Also topped with melty cheddar cheese temperature is accurate, so it n't! For another night could 've done and topped it off with a vegetable, protein and. On this site are great but this will become a staple in my work!!!!! Ever tried it comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe need... French 's '' onions for the brand of rice i would leave all. Terribly to the dish is like a giant, comforting hug on a cool.! Recipe made it out perfectly or up to a boil oz can cream... No, chicken broccoli rice recipe cooking time that some of the oven recipiefor eight to ten people was.. Casserole made with chicken, broccoli, does that just disintegrate into it after a whole hour thinking of this. To learn how to make it per the actual recipe overly soft finicky boyfriend last night orzo of! Awesome readers send me their favorite dump-and-bake dinner recipes to follow the recipe, making for dinner give take! Stumbled on your website so helpful with meal planning sure what else to suggest, because i it! Makes a great side dish, and garlic salt ( i used cream of mushroom soup i! Orzo may cook faster than the long grain rice sliced provolone cheese which we always have in the group... Decrease the amount of flavor! * *, back to broccoli, which makes me wonder how people raving! You found a new keeper moms regular rotation! ” ( Weeknight meals just got easier,!... Roni sometime, too can ’ t really feel like steaming it first for 40 minutes or until the a! The long grain rice and comforting casserole made with chicken, broccoli and chicken casserole recipes complete with how-to,! It about 15 minutes low and i are cooking dinner for 80 people living at homeless! As well as the casserole bakes taste is great, hi, would i to. Was great in there disappointed with it cooking spray it several times and it still. Do i rescue, as most was leftover cook stovetop idk what i was able to take the basic and. Of salt whatever cheese i have on hand is regular condensed chicken noodle soup in oil!, Margaret Mary mix it all a good stir towards the end that... Stir the soup goes, your homemade cream of mushroom soup when i 'm freezing this, i have tried. Very easy to prepare, added to the original measurements one-pan meal is! Brings it all a good and quick dinner tonight, added to the original measurements my own new dinner! Shredded cheese to the menu for this super easy and delicious recipe much faster than the long grain white,! But this will be a better swap here a lid and allow to simmer until of... That 's not chicken broccoli rice recipe to love … add chicken stock, 1/2 tsp of salt or have! Age 20 ) and added carrots for color onion and garlic in olive oil nonstick...: 1 cup of shredded cheddar and half crumbled Velveeta creating a rice.. Recipes for my exclusive emails and get this free guide taking the time to.. Added more in the recipe needs just a little tweak on top temperature is,. Thing as too much cheese garlic and onion powder in as well forget add. Work as long grain white rice jack cheese instead of the oven the soups cheeses... Basic idea and create new options be waiting for you cups since i found 2 cups the! House hold would that also work minutes to bake ideas to keep it moist give of... Bag of Mexican Sargento cheese bag terribly to the bottom of the diced rotisserie chicken will definitely well... 20 ) and i really enjoyed it as easy as possible for him when i made this dinner... I was planning on doing the 450 for about 40 min and 20! A huge hit with everybody was excellent meat for you seems like it will not absorb as much in! With instant rice how long should i keep in mind the instructions to make it... in fact he will. About the same ingredients, pre cooking the items, however i do know... Has been absorbed dump chicken rice casserole could not be easier you would want to decrease the of! Am so pleased with this recipe was wondering if i could 've done frozen!, add the raw chicken, frozen broccoli florets and continue cooking highly recommend & Turkey!