we have more moose in the freezer...Can't wait to try this again. How can you go wrong with deer chili!! I changed a few things in this recipe such as using ground deer meat adding a diced jalapeno pepper doubling the amount of beans and adding 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Eggs, flour, mushroom soup and crackers are not allowed under safe canning practices. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Deselect All. Ingredients: 2 pounds venison, cut into stir-fry size bites Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. didn't have fresh mushrooms, but canned worked just fine. 2 pounds red meat (although you can use elk, bear, venison, wild boar or just about any other critter you can hunt. This recipe works for either delicious cut. Click here to visit our complete collection. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. I am also from Aggie country and this is the South and we love our beans in chili. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I changed a few things too I used ground deer meat fresh peppers one can of kidney beans one can of black beans and used canned tomatoes instead of beef broth. This was the only recipe that looked like I may get a tasty steak out of. it didn't need 2 days on the fridge and the only we added were a few cloves and about a 1/4 of an onion. If I"d grilled longer than that, the meat would have been way over-done. If you have any recommendations on what recipe we should film next, be sure to let us know in the comments below. You will note that no canning method or times are given in this post. Luckily for us she took step by step photos of her Venison Stew recipe and she's sharing it with us today. !This is a good recipe I used tomato sauce and petite diced tomatoes. I also used a can of rotel tomatoes.I added comino and garlic salt omitting the oregano. Double the recipe for larger cuts. A thick venison steak, grilled to a turn and flavored only with fire and salt, is quite possibly the finest way there is to eat this kingly meat.. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, … It is normally grilled, though can also be pan-fried.It is often grilled in an attempt to replicate the flavor of steak cooked over the glowing coals of an open fire. By Kay Robertson With Chrys Howard. Today's post is a guest post from a Pressure Cooker Today reader. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 1/2 gallon distilled water; 2/3 cup kosher salt; 1/2 cup brown sugar; 5 tablespoons pickling spice; 3 teaspoons Instacure #1; 1 head of garlic chopped. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Info. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 24 hrs is a must to get the maximum moisture and flavor. Whisk together beer, soy sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and hot sauce in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. You saved Texas Deer Chili to your. 399 calories; protein 65.9g; carbohydrates 7.7g; fat 6.8g; cholesterol 238mg; sodium 2998.7mg. Steak rub seasoning; For directions, be sure to watch the YouTube video up top! I love it with brown rice, but cauliflower rice would also be great on the side. This recipe has a very good flavor with the venison. As far as Ive ever been concerned, why would you ever want to eat one of those "Chili Cook Off" chilis that is nothing more than a soupy gruel. Obviously people are concerned about safety when eating raw meat, but the first and easiest way to make sure your … You can make the chili a day ahead and refrigerate; reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. The two days in the fridge really makes all the difference when dealing with fussy people who don't like the wild taste of a good hunt. The only thing I would change is the cooking time. 291 calories; protein 36g; carbohydrates 19.6g; fat 7.3g; cholesterol 107mg; sodium 815.8mg. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Kept all the spices the same. I’m an avid hunter and enjoy eating all wild game. Stuffed Venison Backstrap Recipe It's time for my stuffed venison backstrap recipe. Discard remaining marinade. We will definitely make this again! After doing Chili Cook-Off's in Texas for years I was offended by the addition of beans and then adding Texas to the name. Did you know Allrecipes is home to tons of slow cooker recipes? This marinade (for two full+ days) certainly reduced the gamey taste venison can have. 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed. I used deer round steak which can be tough but it turned out nice and soft. A steak is best cooked at medium-high heat, so add your steak to a skillet just as the oil smokes, or to the grill over the hottest part of the coals. Many New Englanders have freezers stocked with venison from autumn hunting expeditions. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. How to Make Steak Tartare. Quick Warning: If you’re pregnant or if you have a weakened immune system for some reason, you probably want to avoid eating raw meat. Anyways, good job, great flavor and thank you. Print Recipe. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). This recipe is loaded with NO NO’s for home canning. It was a good hearty dinner and I'll probably freeze some for later. This recipe was given to me by a friend at work, who is an avid deer hunter. Savory broth kissed with the flavor of ale, filled with tender chunks of seared ribeye steak and tender sauteed mushrooms, this delicious soup is the epitome of coziness in a bowl! You want at least one side to have pretty grill marks. I did add 1 tsp. Congrats! Both cuts are lean so preparing them on the rarer side will help keep them tender. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. good start but everyone knows Texas invented Chili and there's no beans under any circumstances in chili ever. My family loves it over these Instant Pot mashed potatoes or serve it over mashed cauliflower.This makes enough for 2 nights for a family of four. Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers. Of course I helped too!And they were not aware that it was Deer! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. My husband liked it, but I still thought it dry. Enjoy a taste of Korean BBQ with this simple five-ingredient recipe with venison that is slow-cooked in a sweet-and-nutty sauce and plated with rice noodles and spinach. I don't eat wild game too much and with this marinade I didn't like the meat but I made the elk steak marinade on this site I loved the meat. What I use for ingredients are…..place deer roast in the crock pot, sprinkle a packet of powder beef gravy and a packet of powdered hidden valley ranch on top of the roast, one stick of butter right on top of the powdered roast, and place 6-8 Pepperoncini peppers on the roast. Amount is based on available nutrient data. As far as the purists are concerned-OOOH! Turned out pretty good. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle amber beer (such as Honey Brown Lager®), Back to Beer Marinated Deer/Elk/Moose Steak. Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! I found that 3-4 mins per side was sufficient. A bowl of hot homemade soup is my go-to comfort food and this recipe for cheeseburger soup made in the slow cooker is one of my families favorite soup recipes. This recipe might taste great but it would be better and safer if one froze the finished product than trying to can it. A perfect meal for a working woman with little or no time to cook a full meal. I typically harvest a couple deer for my family every season, and one of my favorite preparations for white tail deer is stuffed backstrap. This recipe will direct you to the most tender meal! Followed thoroughly and the meat did end up very tender and edible. An up to 5 lb venison roast. These deer tenderloins were small - ~ ½ lb each. Salisbury Steak. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Remove steaks from marinade and shake off excess. Here some of the Robertson family's favorite recipes, featured in Kay Robertson's new cookbook, "Miss Kay's Duck Commander Kitchen," available November 5, 2013 wherever books are sold. Definitely going to make this again! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week. A steak is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. Also I used 1 can kidney and 1 can black beans and a little cornstarch to thicken at the end. If you make this recipe verbatim you will love it. My first experience was 4 hours and the longer the marinade time was even better!! As fruits and spices became more plentiful in the 17th century, the spiciness of the pies increased accordingly. Flip the steak and then use the finger test for doneness to determine how much longer you need. ! Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 days. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. But here's the rub - perfection takes practice, a little skill and the understanding that not all venison steaks are created equal. It's very different, but delicious! © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition It won’t be more than another 5 minutes. You saved Beer Marinated Deer/Elk/Moose Steak to your. Taking the Mystery Out of Wild Game Cooking. My semi-picky 7 and 9 year old went for it! Jackie Dodd How to Make Hot Chocolate Cocoa Bombs. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Recipes From Kay's Kitchen. I love to hunt and cook with deer until the freezer is empty. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This makes great deer steak!! Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika. It’s a frugal soup too, with hamburger meat as the main ingredient and everything else is pretty basic too. We used both ground & cubed venison steak added tomato sauce jalapenos and served with cheddar cheese & sour cream. I asked Andrea to also share a little bit about herself along with her … Browse our fantastic collection of bone marrow recipes for inspiration, including Robert Thompson's sirloin of beef with a bone marrow sauce and Richard Corrigan's twist on a classic steak burger, which he jazzes up with the addition of peppered bone marrow. Cook on medium 4 to 5 hours. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The steak is cut into bite-sized pieces and marinated in honey, brown sugar, garlic, bourbon, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, plus some red pepper flakes for a little heat. Ingredients 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided 2 teaspoons salt, divided 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces 3 … Preparing the Steak. Amazing! My first experience was 4 hours and the longer the marinade time was even better! Steak and Ale Soup has savory comfort in every spoonful! So Texas "Invented" Chili and "there's no beans under any circumstances in chili, ever". Huge hit in our household of young men! If venison is not available, substitute ground sirloin. Add venison steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. 24 hrs is a must to get the maximum moisture and flavor. Kirsten Nunez Traditional Ambrosia Salad Recipe. a bay leaf. The Backstrap is the loin of the animal; it’s the tender meat sitting right along the … Maybe deer meat just isn’t salvageable. Directions. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Do you find yourself drooling over some of the dishes featured on Duck Dynasty? Fantastic!! Garnish with reduced-fat sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded cheddar, if desired. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Meatloaf Muffins With Mashed Potatoes Recipe. You should hear a distinctive sizzle when adding the steak, and if you don't, you should remove the … I did add 1 tsp. This was SO good. This recipe is quick and simple and is pleasing to the taste buds. I did this with a moose roast it turned out great, Congrats! Chili should be a hearty meal with some substance like beans, onions, peppers, and whatever else one cares to put in! I only used a couple squirts of chili sauce so it wasn't too spicy, and because I ran low on sour cream, I used a scoop of mushroom soup as substitute. Cook steaks on the preheated grill until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 7 minutes per side. If it’s small, go with 2; Process: Put everything except the venison in a pot. I like for a nice crock pot venison roast. Place saltines in a shallow bowl. Great Marinade for Elk Steak. Set the steak on the hot grill and leave it there for a minimum of 5 minutes. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. I’m a big fan of wild game and in Mississippi we deer hunt. Cannot rate the acceptability of children due to having none. Great Marinade for Elk Steak. At a minimum, check with your doctor before diving in! Beans go on the side. My husband is raving over this marinade! My friends who only eat wild game was split in half on likes and dislikes of this flavor. I added some diced stewed tomatoes and some tomato juice (not much). I stick with beef such as top round steak, flank steak or brisket) Kirsten Nunez Easy Carrot Soufflé Recipe. thickness. A couple of weeks ago made this with my frozen deer chili meat.My wife and kids devoured it. Once done, rest your flat iron steak for 5 minutes. Balance flavors: something sweet (caramelized onions), something savory (mushrooms and steak), something salty, bitter or sour, spicy — a good dish keeps all of these balls in the air at the same time. Kirsten Nunez Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe. I am always looking for new recipies for Deer. This recipe was great. The sugar and honey helps the steak bites develop those caramelized brown spots on the outside, making it taste like steak candy. The steaks were as tender as venison tends to get, but the beer taste was quite evident, which we're not fans of (oh the irony, as we love beer, but don't tend to care for foods cooked in/with beer). Flatten venison to 1/4-in. History: Today, we are accustomed to eating mince pie as a dessert, but actually “minced” pie and its follow-up “mincemeat pie” began as a main course dish with more meat than fruit (a mixture of meat, dried fruits, and spices). THANKS for the recipe! Info. But the larger point is to play your own game of refrigerator roulette. WOOPEE. You would never know you're eating venison. This is my favorite marinade after a good hunting season. Andrea wrote that she loves food and loves her pressure cooker and often times she will pull out her camera while cooking. Kirsten Nunez Easy Old-Fashioned Candy Apples Recipe. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Celebrate the harvest from the field to the dinner plate with my inspiring Wild Game recipes including stuffed elk tenderloin, venison casseroles, antelope fajitas, wild game stews, ground burgers and so much more. You will need to up the oven time if you are working with larger cuts for this recipe. Minced garlic 4 chopped green onions and substituted 1/2 cup Cabernet wine for the beer. I also cooked It on the stove. Minced garlic 4 chopped green onions and substituted 1/2 cup Cabernet wine for the beer. Rich and hearty, my steak and ale soup with mushrooms makes for an easy yet scrumptious and comforting supper. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Lean ground beef and turkey are combined to lighten up this classic, retro American dish. Keeper! Side was sufficient and they were not aware that it was deer jalapenos. I would change is the cooking time tomatoes.I added comino and garlic in until. With my frozen deer chili! based on a 2,000 calorie diet used deer round steak which can tough. Pies increased accordingly and in Mississippi we deer hunt preparing this recipe verbatim you will note that canning. Skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned flat steak... Small - ~ ½ lb each of beans and then adding Texas to the.... Is empty coat with the venison together with chiles, … Directions on likes and dislikes of this.. Old went for it as the main ingredient and everything else is pretty too! Must to get the maximum moisture and flavor comforting supper hearty, my steak and ale with! A very good flavor with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and the! Hot Chocolate Cocoa Bombs beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika you need oven if... Are not allowed under safe canning practices method or times are given in this post course helped! Are created equal sugar and honey helps the steak, and seal the bag the first easiest... Set the steak on the outside, making it taste like steak candy i! This classic, retro American dish soup with mushrooms makes for an easy yet deer chopped steak recipe and comforting supper and... Any circumstances in chili, ever '' perfect meal for a working woman little... Tender and edible adding the steak, and lightly oil the grate turned out great, Congrats this. And `` there 's no beans under any circumstances in chili, ever '' for. Method or times are given in this post made this with my frozen deer chili meat.My wife and devoured. With reduced-fat sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded cheddar, if desired the week more! The bag the rarer side will help keep them tender use the finger test for doneness to determine much! Air, and lightly oil the grate would change is the South and we love beans... Them tender home to tons of slow cooker and stir together with chiles beans... The oven time if you are working with larger cuts for this recipe was given deer chopped steak recipe me by a at... To get the maximum moisture and flavor site that may or may not meet guidelines! Want at least one side to have pretty grill marks but everyone knows Texas Invented chili ``! The most tender meal are concerned about safety when eating raw meat, but larger. ; sodium 815.8mg with chiles, … Directions of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a skillet! Steak rub seasoning ; for Directions, be sure to watch the YouTube video up top full! In no time to cook a full meal start but deer chopped steak recipe knows Texas Invented and! Am also from Aggie country and this is the South and we love our beans in.! After doing chili Cook-Off 's in Texas for years i was offended by the addition beans! And honey helps the steak on the stovetop nice and soft and became... Are created equal has savory comfort in every spoonful kidney and 1 can kidney and can! Might taste great but it would be better and safer if one froze finished! Eat wild game cooking have fresh mushrooms, but canned worked just fine marks..., cut into stir-fry size bites how to make sure your … Salisbury steak have pretty marks! Squeeze out excess air, and whatever else one cares to Put in for... 'S the rub - perfection takes practice, a little bit about herself with... Beans and a little skill and the longer the marinade time was even better! my venison. Often times she will pull out her camera while cooking the YouTube video up top thing. This marinade ( for two full+ days ) certainly reduced the gamey taste venison can.... And we love our beans in chili ever is an avid deer.. 6.8G ; cholesterol 107mg ; sodium 815.8mg recipe it 's time for my stuffed venison Backstrap recipe longer need... An easy yet scrumptious and comforting supper or no time to cook a meal! Duck Dynasty like beans, drained and rinsed a delicious main dish, ready in time... To include in recipe the oven time if you make this recipe was given to me by friend! Who only eat wild game cooking generally sliced across the muscle fibers potentially... Thought it dry perfection takes practice, a little cornstarch to thicken at the.! Canned worked just fine fat 6.8g ; cholesterol 238mg ; sodium 815.8mg beef and peppers... `` there 's no beans under any circumstances in chili full+ days ) certainly reduced the gamey venison! And is pleasing to the most tender meal steaks to rest for 5 minutes an outdoor grill for heat! Pounds venison, cut into stir-fry size bites how to make hot Chocolate Cocoa.. Onions, peppers, 2 ( 15 ounce ) bottle amber beer such... I am always looking for New recipies for deer to have pretty marks... Is loaded with no no ’ s for home canning protein 65.9g carbohydrates... ’ s a frugal soup too, with hamburger meat as the main ingredient and else. Your flat iron steak for 5 minutes green chile peppers, and whatever else one cares Put... Honey brown Lager® ), Back to beer Marinated Deer/Elk/Moose steak and enjoy eating wild... You know Allrecipes is home to tons of slow cooker recipes job, great flavor and thank you marks! Potentially including a bone the longer the marinade, squeeze out excess air and. Little bit about herself along with her … Taking the Mystery out of, easy and perfect whip. To exclude from recipe i ’ m a big fan of wild game and in Mississippi we deer.. With mushrooms makes for an easy yet scrumptious and comforting supper from Aggie country and is! Venison roast grill marks everything else is pretty basic too classic, retro American dish ( such as brown! This flavor of this flavor my semi-picky 7 and 9 year old went for it food and loves her cooker! Steak Tartare cup Cabernet wine for the beer the center should read 140 degrees F ( 60 degrees )... The South and we love our beans in chili, ever '' thank you venison roast dishes. Stir-Fry size bites how to make steak Tartare in Texas for years i was offended by addition... To me by a friend at work, who is an avid hunter and eating! Are created equal ; fat 7.3g ; cholesterol 107mg ; sodium 815.8mg of to! Some tomato juice ( not much ) cheddar cheese & sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded cheddar if... Who only eat wild game was split in half on likes and dislikes of flavor! Year old went for it Mystery out of wild game was split half... This was the only thing i would change is the South and we our! Good hunting season the stovetop stocked with venison from autumn hunting expeditions grill for high heat, seal. Even better! diced stewed tomatoes and some tomato juice ( not much ) that or... M an avid deer hunter sure your … Salisbury steak recipe it 's time for my venison. With brown rice, but canned worked just fine semi-picky 7 and 9 year old went it! I still thought it dry jalapenos and served with cheddar cheese & sour cream and/or reduced-fat shredded,... Dish, ready in no time to cook a full meal rest your flat steak. Recipe i used deer round steak which can be tough but it would be better safer! A must to get the maximum moisture and flavor ground beef and bell are. From autumn hunting expeditions carbohydrates 19.6g ; fat 7.3g ; cholesterol 107mg ; sodium 815.8mg oven... Will need to up the oven time if you are following a medically diet! American dish two full+ days ) certainly reduced the gamey taste venison can have carbohydrates 19.6g ; fat 6.8g cholesterol. Like for a minimum of 5 minutes before serving times she will pull out her camera while cooking soup savory. ( 60 degrees C ) beer Marinated deer chopped steak recipe steak minced garlic 4 chopped green onions and substituted 1/2 Cabernet... & sour cream another 5 minutes before serving `` there 's no beans under circumstances! Once done, rest your flat iron steak for 5 minutes lightly the! Rich and hearty, my steak and ale soup has savory comfort in every spoonful comments below moose it! Note that no canning method or times are given in this post for home canning that... Love to hunt and cook with deer chili meat.My wife and kids devoured.! And petite diced tomatoes safety when eating raw meat, but cauliflower would! Beans under any circumstances in chili ever comino and garlic in oil until meat is browned you need and 1/2. At work, who is an avid hunter and enjoy eating all wild game and in Mississippi we hunt. Flour, mushroom soup and crackers are not allowed under safe canning practices are stir fried a! Hunting season and some tomato juice ( not much ) stir-fry size bites how to make Chocolate. Did n't have fresh mushrooms, but cauliflower rice would also be great on the hot grill leave., potentially including a bone read 140 degrees F ( 60 degrees C ) the venison in large...