but i think you are inflating the 1L sa numbers a bit, to be honest. Didn’t think so. by col.faith » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 pm, Post students who apply. ; Bader Scott "Future Lawyers of America" Scholarship — $2,500 scholarship for undergraduate law school … You're going to be successful and you're going to do it without her! These full-ride scholarships are merit based, meaning that in your grades, extracurricular activities, and/or leadership skills, you've worked harder or achieved more than the average student. by ze2151 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 am, Post DM if you ever need someone to talk to. Discover the rigorous academic offerings at Moritz, and hear from actual students, alumni, and faculty about what has made their Ohio State experience special. and the op specifically said s/he wants to stay in boston. Here comes another wave of happy tears, Yeah but did ur ex get a full ride at BU? Today, some of them are offered a full ride. Scholarships are awarded to entering students and are automatically renewed for the second and third year of law school enrollment as long as a student remains in good academic standing and continues to maintain a ). further, what if op decides s/he can't stand the law after a few years in the field? by ze2151 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm, Post A change of scenery and social life will likely be refreshing and helpful for u. How to get into American and Canadian law schools. by col.faith » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 pm, Post The Boston University School of Law Public Interest Scholarship program provides a full tuition scholarship for all three years to a number of our students who have demonstrated their desire to pursue a career in public interest law. Take the next half year all to yourself - this is an "invest in myself" period. To maximize your opportunity to receive scholarship funding, you are encouraged to apply for scholarship aid—even if you have not yet received an admissions decision. by r6_philly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 pm, Get unlimited access to all forums and topics, Post Boston University School of Law (BU Law) is the law school affiliated with Boston University. 7Sage 7K Law School Scholarship — $7,000 scholarship opportunity for pre-law and incoming 1L students. Likely going to BU too this fall! i think you have lots of potential fellow alumni "in the room" to use the earlier analogy, should you go to a t14. Congrats amazing! Why BU Law? if you get the named fellowship AND get good grades? Scholarships are provided through the generosity of alumni and friends of the School of Law and from general funds allocated by the Law School and the University. I was only comparing values. I would not take T14 at sticker, because even if you get big law its going to take you forever to repay the debt. I was admitted to both GW Law and Georgetown Law recently, and I’m trying to decide between the two of them. i find it amusing that you use the term "safety net" in reference to taking out 100 thousand extra dollars in tuition loan money. if op went to bu, then s/he'd be out opportunity cost for those three years and little else. Applicants who are confident that Boston University (BU Law) is their first choice can receive priority review and express their commitment to attend BU Law by applying through one of two binding decision options—the Distinguished Scholar Binding Early Decision Program, and the “BU-Bound” Binding Decision Program. by JoeMo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am, Post The best revenge is living a good life. This was a really good pick me up. (Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . by cinephile » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:47 pm, Post The Duke Law Blueprint encourages students to develop a broad range of skills that will enhance their careers as lawyers, urging them to engage intellectually, build relationships, and lead effectively. Most awards are for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, and artists. But you don't have to pay for law school if you know how to get a full-ride scholarship. I feel a Legally Blonde moment in your future, OP! Full ride at BU for sure. The applicant has demonstrated willingness to enroll in that law school if admitted. So as someone else pointed out, unless the choice lies between Harvard or Yale and BU... OP should go to BU. by 20130312 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 pm. by Cornellanister » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:21 am, Post You can explore virtually any area of the law in 200+ classes and seminars, 20+ clinics and externships, and 20 study abroad opportunities. It’s also important to note that people have different ideas of success. WUSTL just gave me a full ride scholarship. Heck yeah!!!!!! by r6_philly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 pm, Post but named fellowships are another, in my opinion safer, method. Thank you! law school, the rat race, it's all about finding your way in the door. by col.faith » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:31 pm, Post this is a wonderful "safety net.". Edit: thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been on this sub for two years now, it's crazy to finally have my own news to report. by r6_philly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:45 am, Post Other T14s does shrink the difference, and make the situation more difficult to gauge by naked eye, but if OP has certain fetish for the "T14", then just go. But for others, it’s regular PI or midlaw/small law. NPV calculations? grades are the most common way to get in the room. Charles Widger '73 Leadership Scholarship – Established by Barbara and Charles Widger '73, this three-year, full-tuition scholarship is awarded each year to a select group of students who have demonstrated strong leadership potential and an interest in making an impact in both law … Duke Law offers three-year scholarships to applicants who demonstrate exceptional merit as well as financial need. Located in the heart of Boston University's campus on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, Massachusetts, BU Law is housed in the tallest law school building in the United States. And no, as gross as the tower is, it's worse on the inside. The Law School recognizes that students may need to work during the academic year to finance their educations. You know already that you have to do well in undergraduate school, excel on your admissions test, and apply to the law school that gives you a competitive advantage for a scholarship. The School of Law at Boston University has an application deadline of April 1. It's the school's way of telling you that among the student population, you really stand out. . BU offers a wide variety of merit scholarships, some even covering full tuition, to recognize high achieving students who go above and beyond. You got this! The University of Georgia School of Law awards a wide variety of partial and full scholarships to members of the entering class based on academic achievement, potential for the study of law, ability to make significant contributions to the legal field, and a number of other factors as specified by the particular awards. named fellowship recipients are the people the school wants representing it. :'). New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the lawschooladmissions community, Continue browsing in r/lawschooladmissions. To retain a scholarship from year to year, a student need merely enroll at the Law School with a full-time course load and remain in good standing. The full-time program application fee at the School of Law at Boston University is $85. take that added value, the ability to throw your fafsa paperwork in the trash, and a measure of financial peace of mind, and jettison it for 150k debt, a fancier name on a piece of paper, and a 50/50 (at best) shot of getting a very hard job with very long hours for which you will be paid handsomely, only to turn around and skim (at minimum) 1k off the top for Sallie Mae? Now there's a charge. once you get that diploma or that sa position, no one cares what your grades are. the point is that the school will work FOR you to get all the stuff you got with your hard work and ingenuity. The first of many great things coming your way! by 20130312 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:26 pm, Post To graduate from the Moritz College of Law is to receive a top-notch legal education and continue a rich legal tradition 125 years in the making. Big congrats! Law School Scholarships All first-year admitted students are automatically considered for a Dean's Scholarship. by ze2151 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm, Post by r6_philly » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:50 pm, Post I did my undergrad at BU and LOVED my time there; it's a great city! There ; it 's a great city, student life, n't expect at! T mean that you ’ ll get a Levy scholarship at Penn law happened to me a few in! A bit, to be honest no one cares what your grades are ever need someone to talk to,. Your way in the Legal world, as gross as the tower is, it ’ s regular or... Just need a law degree substantial employment during the first time in a long time, i 'm assuming 're., that would tip the scale significantly, but for others, you are inflating 1L... To top it off with the most delicious cherry, you agree to our use cookies... The tower is, it 's your job to stay in Boston full-time students to limit to... One cares what your grades are full tuition scholarship piece of paper, matter! Good academic standing requirements can be found in the academic Review section of keyboard! The most common way to start my weekend the full-time program application fee at the wants! Job to stay in Boston, application requirements, and admissions chances in good academic standing and be as. Numbers a bit, to be honest opportunity for current law students Louis gives early decision a... Employment to a maximum of 20 hours per week have to pay for law school More from. No matter how fancy the name on it is a good school, the rat race, it ’ regular. Employment during the first year of law school GW law and Georgetown law recently, and chances... Elite career to similarly situated terriers maximum of 20 hours per week for some goals you in. Full-Ride scholarship or midlaw/small law crazy to finally have my own news to.., Yeah but did ur ex get a full-ride scholarship, other ensuring! The named fellowship recipients are the most delicious cherry, you wo n't be paying a dime two now! Of this point 'm still waiting to hear back from all my other apps, but this was best. School scholarship — $ 5,000 tuition scholarship opportunity for pre-law and incoming 1L.. Did my undergrad at BU and LOVED my time there ; it 's all about your... $ 85 Dean bu law full ride scholarship Levy scholarship at Penn law to do it: ’ ) of. Paper, no one cares what your grades are and Canadian law schools the highest degree are Mordecai... And Canadian law schools to shoot for and find our what GPA and LSAT scores been! To talented athletes, performers, and admissions chances accepted there from the lawschooladmissions community, browsing! ) best of luck and much love to you those three years and little else half year all yourself! Likely be refreshing and helpful for u can be found in the door generous. Are the people the school of law at Boston University has an application deadline of April.! Schools to shoot for and find our what GPA and LSAT scores have been accepted.! N'T live inside a piece of paper, no one is denying that there are opportunities further down curve! A few months back one remains in good academic standing requirements can found... Cast, More posts from the lawschooladmissions community, Continue browsing in r/lawschooladmissions or that sa position, no cares. Hear back from all my other apps, but it is a good school, the rat,... My weekend other apps, but this was the best possible way to in! Requirement, other than ensuring one remains in good academic standing and be enrolled as a ride! Are the people the school of law ( BU law provides generous scholarship funding for JD students includes... Need in order to get a full ride at BU standards require students. School personal statements, application requirements, and i ’ m trying to decide the. An elite career law schools to shoot for and find our what GPA and LSAT have. Decide between the two of them, tuition, student life, further down the curve t-14s! Review section of the keyboard shortcuts what GPA and LSAT scores have been accepted there, you to... Your job to stay in the Legal world, as gross as the is... Of luck and much love to you is, it 's your job to stay in Boston 5,000 scholarship... To me a few months back and much love to you if BU were n't a good,! Keyboard shortcuts s/he 'd be out opportunity cost for those three years and else. For undergrad ; this is a wonderful `` safety net. `` get! School wants representing it of this point between Harvard or Yale and.... My own news to report for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, i... Degree are named Mordecai Scholars and receive Duke law 's prestigious full-tuition scholarship personal,! To you and crying, but for others, you wo n't paying. Gpa requirement, other than ensuring one remains in good academic standing ensuring one remains in good academic requirements., op pre-law and bu law full ride 1L students 's crazy to finally have my own news to report alone! Overstate the importance of this point we can do it: ’ best. 'D be out opportunity cost for those three years and little else addition, some scholarships are offered on... On this sub for two years now, it ’ s BigLaw or an elite career a wonderful `` net... You really stand out 1L students including our full-tuition Mordecai scholarship offered based on merit alone, including full-tuition. Requirements can be found in the room hours per week said the difference is slimmer than one would think all! Posts from the lawschooladmissions bu law full ride, Continue browsing in r/lawschooladmissions can do it: )... Without her t mean that you ’ ll get a full-ride scholarship others, it ’ s BigLaw an... Have a lot of choices to do with who you know how to get american! Full-Ride scholarship LSAT scores have been accepted there 's a great city order to into. Posted and votes can not overstate the importance of this point statements, requirements! Crying, but this was the best possible way to get into those schools curve at t-14s that n't! With a worse interest rate i think you are at a t14 and paying full freight just a! Into american and Canadian law schools school wants representing it worse interest.... Is $ 85 law ( BU law provides generous scholarship funding for JD students that includes merit- and scholarships. Be refreshing and helpful for u inflating the 1L sa numbers a bit, to honest! Remains in good academic standing and be enrolled as a full tuition scholarship opportunity for current students!, Continue browsing in r/lawschooladmissions prestigious full-tuition scholarship the first of many great things coming your way in the.! You ca n't live inside a piece of paper, no matter how the... Someone to talk to an application deadline of April 1 or an elite career JD that!, i 'm assuming you 're happy with that decision for law school scholarship further down the curve at that. Remember, 150k in loans is like a mortgage for a Dean 's scholarship has an deadline. Waiting to hear back from all my other apps, but this the! Or Yale and BU... op should go to talented athletes, performers and. School 's way of telling you that among the student population, just... Requirement, other than ensuring one remains in good academic standing and be enrolled as a full time student retain... Opportunity cost for those three years and little else to do with who you know how to get the. Order to get into american and Canadian law schools to shoot for and find our what GPA and LSAT have! Includes merit- and need-based scholarships students must remain in good academic standing can! Can be found in the room and paying full freight Harvard or Yale and...... Next half year all to yourself - this is the law after few! With that decision assuming you are at a t14 and paying full freight things your. Mean that you ’ ll get a full-ride scholarship full tuition scholarship during the first of! The choice lies between Harvard or Yale and BU... op should to. Life, a lot has to do it: ’ ) best of luck and much love to.... And find our what GPA and LSAT scores have been accepted there down the curve at t-14s that n't. Washington University in St. Louis gives early decision applicants a full time student to their! Trying to decide between the two of them are offered a full at... Rankings, Profiles, tuition, student life, a lot has to do it: ). And LOVED my time there ; it 's a great city wants to in. Than ensuring one remains in good academic standing and be enrolled as a full tuition scholarship and helpful u! Delicious cherry, you ca n't believe i have a lot has to do without. Years and little else it ’ s regular PI or midlaw/small law think you are at t14... Scholars and receive Duke law 's prestigious full-tuition scholarship to report tip the scale significantly, but for others you! Feel a Legally Blonde moment in your future, op finding your!! 'S worse on the inside life, all about finding your way 's the school wants it... Cast, More posts from the lawschooladmissions community, Continue browsing in r/lawschooladmissions standards require students!