It handles anything from 3/8 to an ounce like a dream. It reminds me of a Caenan (frame 150 & braking system) with the castability of a Curado! Boasting a long list of Shimano's most advanced technologies, like MicroModule gearing and X-ship, the Shimano Chronarch Casting Reels deliver high-end performance that works well in freshwater and saltwater. Terminal Tackle | I have always used Abu garcia. Smooth casting, and plenty of drag to reel in the big ones. Durability has been excellent after fishing it hard for a year. Jam-packed with all the latest technology Shimano has to offer including the newly-released Magnesium CoreSolid Body, MGL III Spool, brass MicroModule gearing, and much more. The latest chapter in the 40-year old Bantam legacy, the Shimano Bantam MGL Casting Reel utilizes a host of advanced technologies, like Shimano's CoreSolid Body and lightweight MGL Spool to set a new standard in rigidity and performance. google_color_link = "006699"; The only thing I can't comment on is its durability as I've only had the reel for a little bit. SLX XT Step up to the next level of attainable high-performance bait casting with the SLX XT. Sent that one back too. Since then I have purchased a mass production reel from Tackle Warehouse, and You'll find more information on cookies at, Free Ground shipping on orders over $50    |     Free Returns. !From:Austin: NY 6/18/19, Comments:These reels are awesome , fits in the palm of your hand perfectly. Price is very reasonable. price point normally allows. 7 product ratings - Shimano SLX DC 151HG Low Profile Baitcast Reel 7.2:1 Left Hand Item SLXDC151HG Great value for anyone that wants to get away from box store combos and treat yourself.From: Randy: Illinois 5/26/20, Comments:Just got this reel as a birthday present and wow, I've used shimano products in the past like the stradic ci4 and cumaras but I've never owned their casting reels. Three times within maybe 30-40 pitches my braid (30# Power Pro) got wedged between the thumb bar and the frame causing horrible backlashes that I had to cut out. including offerings from G.Loomis, Favorite, and Shimano’s own matching SLX rod line. Comments:This reel has done me right. mid-range cycling market. The SLX has a similar profile and design and makes use of an aluminum frame for extra rigidity The Shimano SLX looks to buck that trend, first with use of a Hagane body (aluminum based), which provides a more solid platform and enables the design of a more compact frame which bears similar styling as the companys more recent reel introductions, including the Curado 200K. I've fished it with mono flouro and braid and it does great with them all. Definitely recommend this reel to anyone who can't spend 200 dollars on a reel. the last few seasons competitors have continued to gain ground in the hotly contested value-mainstream Great reels at a great price!From: Jim: 1/5/20, Comments:This is a fantastic budget reel that fishes WAY out of it's price range. lighter, they often left much to be desired in terms of rigidity, cranking 181 Suburban Road San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, © Tackle Warehouse LLC. Shimano SLX Baitcasters Deliver the Features that Anglers Need, at a Price they Demand (continued). does look attractive, and that it belongs in the same family of baitcasters. But once you get some time with it is easy to learn how to cast it effectively. Reels | It's far better, and you get basically the same braking system as a Curado K, with a much better feel and control of casting than the basic SLX.From: Ryan: West Virginia 5/27/20, Comments:Quiet and smooth. Comments:Very smooth reel. At first I wasn't a fan of the longer handle. So we will see if the reel I get to replace it is a 6.3:1 ratio reel. Cast like butter and will probably switch all my reels overFrom: Ben: Minnesota 10/27/20. The First time I've experienced that with any reel. It is incredibly smooth and the brakes keep the spool under control. Versatile and compact, the Shimano SLX 150 XT Casting Reel provides anglers with the capacity of a 150-size reel, while maintaining a small, easy to palm construction. its just like the K, almost half of the price of the K i would pick this over it any day.From: Kyle: Michigan 10/24/19. For $99 It up there with the Tatula CT, LFS, and Revo X. Comments:This reel is a workhorse. Delivering the same tough-as-nails performance at its larger predecessors, the Shimano Tranx 200 A Casting Reel provides brawny, salt-ready design that utilizes the finest components and the most advanced technologies that Shimano has to offer. google_ad_height = 600; This last weekend I did encounter what consider a definite flaw with it. Very good casting reel. Introduction: The battle for Comments:I purchased this on a whim after handling at a local shop.It felt tight and smooth with a more compact profile than the Curado K.Only had 4 days on the water so far, but it has been really solid.I have it on a reaction bait rod fishing mainly chatterbaits and swimbaits.It's plenty powerful, has a good drag and is an accurate and long caster.It is not nearly as adjustable as the Curados, but doesn't feel unrefined like a lot of $99 reels on the market.Time will tell if this reel will hold up over time, but the initial quality is a big improvement over Shimano's previous $100 offerings. In terms of performance the reel is designed to be an everyday workhorse, making use of a durable brass main gear, providing an aluminu… I lubricate my reels twice a year and they still feel as smooth as the day I bought them. Manufactured in Shimano’s own factory, the Shimano SLX 150 XT Casting Reel … SLX rods feature an attractive and sensitive carbon foregrip, as well as a Shimano custom reel … The 6:3:1 is what I have and the smoothness of the reel is unbelievable. i'm not a pro but in my own opinion this reel is worth every penny.From: Cyrus: Newark 11/4/19, Comments:I own three of them, one in each gear ratio, i love all of Shimano products and this is one of their best for the price. the SLX. The color is just on point as the description shows. Crackling sounds, slipping gears, thumb bar stuck open while spool and handle still spin. The SLX reel has an extra long handle I have bought several since they've come out and have become a hardcore advocate for them. Actual sales may not have occurred at this price. The SLX has been available to anglers since this past ICAST, and over the last Id definitely recommend to anyone on a budget or the guy looking for the backup reel thatll go on a technique exclusive rod where youre not swapping out baits constantly. The latest in a long line of dependable reels, the Shimano Curado 200K Casting Reels deliver the level of performance and reliability that has made Curado a household name among serious anglers. Representing the same outstanding value as the previous model, the Shimano Caius B Casting Reel has been refreshed with updated cosmetics and improved braking to exceed the standards of the price conscious angler. Versatile and compact, the Shimano SLX 150 XT Casting Reel provides anglers with the capacity of a 150-size reel, while maintaining a small, easy to palm construction. The profile fits perfectly in your hand if you're the type to palm the reel. Since they're discontinued, it's hard to find a Shimano reel with a small and compact size, of quality, and doesn't break the bank. This doesn't cast, reel, or feel like a $100 reel. With 3 gear ratios to choose from and a long handle, SLX offers … I'll see how it holds up over time. Perfect for tackling some of the most popular tournament techniques, the Shimano SLX Casting Reel meets and exceeds the criteria for competitive anglers – all at a price point that is easy on the wallet.Features:-Hagane body-VBS cast control. The SLX rods match up with the new 20% more compact than the Caenon, but offering the same line capacity, the Shimano SLX Casting Reel leverages proven Shimano technologies to provide dependability and performance in spades. i absolutely love itit casts like a dream and the gear ratio is perfect for all types of fishing methods. Would buy another slx in a heartbeat. So yesterdays tournament in the morning after about 10 casts it backlashes terribly after a short cast and the gears completely seize!! It is light weight Cast far and smooth with the right settings. that trend, first with use of a Hagane body (aluminum based), which provides a From: Glen: Windham, 11/14/20, Comments: I bought 2 Slx's- 1 RevoX- 1 Abu Pro Max and 1 Lews speed spool at the same time. I am surprised by the quality of this reel it performs just as good as the higher end revos I used in the past and for only $100 you can't beat that. The plastic packing said 6.3:1 but you can clearly see on the box that it’s a 150xg and not a just the 150 model. google_ad_format = "120x600_as"; Shimano SLX DC 150XG Low Profile Baitcast Reel 8.2:1 Right Hand Item SLXDC150XG 5 out of 5 stars (4) 4 product ratings - Shimano SLX DC 150XG Low Profile Baitcast Reel 8.2:1 Right Hand Item … But I've been using all the time now. Focusing on lightweight design, the Shimano Aldebaran MGL 50 Casting Reel employs some of the most refined technologies that Shimano has to offer, including the performance-enhancing MGL Spool. google_color_text = "000000"; I cannot express enough how much I love these reels, one of the few reels that i own more than one. I would recommend this reel to anyone looking for a reel in the $100 range.From:Ronan: Illinois 7/9/20, Comments:I can't believe this is a $100!!! I use them for cranks, jerk baits and frogs. Comments:Have been turning my nose up at sub $150 reels for quite some time now.I bought a couple of these for my son recently and have been playing with them the last couple outings.Really impressed, right out of the box.I'm sure some of the components arent as solid as what you find in higher offerings from Shimano, but I'd be willing to bet with a little tweaking (better bearings, but NOT needed) that this little puppy can scream.Time will tell with the longevity, but thus far, I'm impressed and I know it will serve my son well.Ergonomics shine on this reel, and fit the smaller hands of the youth. What a great reel and a great price. On top of that it is extremely light and fits very nicely in the palm of my hand. I now own more than a few of the SLX reels and have put them through the ringer for the past year or so. I was able to comfortably cast with just one brake on to maximize my distance. I actually bought as a back up reel. SLX SLX is compact, rigid and versatile. Shimano's customer service was super friendly and very helpful with all my questions and getting me replacement parts. It is my favorite reel by far. Not a ton of drag on this reel so I use it for my more finesse baitcaster applications, shakeyheads, small swimbaits, small jigs. The first SLX reel had significant anti-reverse issues. I can't wait to see what some of the higher end models will be like.From: Unknown: Tennessee 5/14/20, Comments:For $100 I believe these are hands down the best reels. Setting a new standard for durability and heavy-duty design, the Shimano Calcutta Conquest A Casting Reel combines round reel architecture with a laundry list of advanced Shimano technologies  to achieve top-tier performance. Anglers Need, at a Price they Demand. Rods | Lures | sub 100 dollar baitcasters just got a lot hotter with the introduction of From end to end, the Shimano SLX Casting Rods are fitted with performance-enhancing components, like titanium oxide semi-micro guides, high-density EVA grips, and custom reel seats that promise long … Boasting Shimano’s Hagane Body, the Shimano SLX Casting Reel is made with highly rigid metals that create a solid construction, while reducing weight, and eliminating reel flex. However, I expect it to last as it feels extremely well made. Casting: The minute I casted the SLX baitcaster reel it reminded me of some of the older generation Curado and Chronarch reels… Retail is closed on all major U.S. holidays. Comments:This reel is incredible! Combining all of the winning attributes of the Curado 200K with Shimano's Digitally Controlled braking system, the Shimano Curado 150 Casting Reel is one of the most dependable and technologically advanced reels on the market. Wow have I been disappointed and somehow must be unlucky since everyone else seems to be getting such great gear. Comments:Bought a couple of these over this past season and for the money it's a home run. option. before the official introduction at ICAST 2018. In element is the oversized “SLX” logo screen printed on the non-handle sideplate, Comments:I'm an avid fisherman who loves the old 51e Curados and Chronarchs. I was a little concerned about the braking system but no issues with backlashes yet and it was easy to tune in.From: Joe: Seguin, TX 10/28/20Comments:Love my slx's. Comments: The Shimano SLX in my opinion the best bait caster reel $100 and below. All Rights Reserved. segment. The SLX has a similar profile and management. Awesome drag. I fished them all hard and equally over the last year and a half. The SLX is sleek and stealthy, and Can't wait to get an SLX XT and DC. I have the XG model and it is fantastic for flipping docks, punching, and any technique where you need to pick up line quickly. aluminum frame for extra rigidity. The Shimano slx Xt,is an excellent reel. Solid build with quality parts. To It is so easy to use my mom even casted it without any backlash, and that was her first time ever using a baitcaster. Used for a full season with the 13 Fishing 7'1" Med rod, great Fluke set up. experience with the SLX baitcaster was back in July 2018, two weeks Comments:Best $100 reel I've used and it feels like a much more expensive reel because of the smoothness and overall quality. Over the last decade I have a couple Corados and DC reels and the slx … SLX rods feature an attractive and sensitive carbon foregrip, as well as a Shimano custom reel seat. google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; I usually use it for moving baits it works just fine with those.From:Mike: AZ 5/31/19. the name and logo, and SLX cycling components are designed to target the I've had it for a year now and it is still as smooth as the day I got it. I think its the perfect get-what-you-pay-for casting reel. google_color_url = "FF9900"; Itll struggle to throw those sub 1/4 oz baits, but most casting reels will. Suggesting it might not be covered by warranty due to abuse on my part. The Super Stopper instant anti-reverse, the VBS anti-backlash system, and deep anodized sideplates make the Shimano Cardiff reel a winner! Thanks to the DC controls, anglers will find the 4 numbered dial for setting a … We also carry all Shimano parts for your reels… The handles are a little big. With 3 gear ratios to choose from and a long handle, SLX offers tournament anglers a complete series of reels that won't break the bank. My first I'd put it up against any high dollar reel.From: Justin: The Woodlands, TX 6/15/20, Comments:Great reel... but spend the extra $30 and get the SLX XT. We use cookies to make our website and your shopping experience effective, secure and user-friendly. Got 3 months of heavy fishing and my 2 biggest have been 7 pounders and this handled Greta also a few 5 pounders on frogs so you can do anything with this reel just wish they would change color /10 ! Very powerful reel and would recommend to anyone of any level. Using centrifugal force rather than magnets to control casting, the Shimano SLX Casting Reel employ and advanced VBS (Variable Braking System) to virtually eliminate backlashes and extend casting distance. remain competitive in price many manufacturers have transitioned to graphite and Cosmetic defects. SLX is compact, rigid and versatile. more solid platform and enables the design of a more compact frame which bears The reel that I fished was a Comments:2/5 .. was a fan when I first bought this, 8.1 - it was great for a month or so, I realized it backlashes a ton, I'm solid at adjusting my reels and having them tuned perfectly but this was just a PITA from the beginning. terms of styling the SLX doesn’t really break new ground for the company, but it reel features a clean and modern matte black finish, and a few bright blue I HIGHLY recommend!From: Nick: Illinois 11/8/19, Comments:this is by far one of the best casting reels i've owned yet. I enjoyed the reel so much I replaced all the bad bearings with orange seals and put a bearing in place of the handle shaft bushing (after I did this reel is no longer geary feeling) and bearings in the handle. In my opinion, this reel fishes way smoother than my Quantum Smoke S3's that I used to use. Get this bad boy. end offerings, and boasting much improved ergonomics over their predecessors. I would recommend it to anyone. Comments:Wow! Warped, bent handle nut plate. segment for any product, as consumer expectations are often higher than the google_ad_client = "pub-1345308664656696"; workhorse, making use of a durable brass main gear, providing an aluminum long It's sturdy, light, slick, and performs at a much higher level than any other in the price. The best place to buy Shimano gear for your fishing reels, and the soft goods and accessories to go along with them. Real World Tests: google_ad_type = "text_image"; similar styling as the company’s more recent reel introductions, including the If your throwing weightless or anything else this thing is a workhorse , get one , get 4 just get one ! Autopsy, , Shimano SLX Baitcasters Deliver the Features that The Shimano SLX Baitcasting Reels are Shimano's new casting reel offering in the North American market. I highly recommend this reel. I bought one and liked it so much I bought 3 more! An addition to the highly-touted family of SLX reels, the Shimano SLX MGL 70 Baitcast Reel features Shimano’s low inertia MGL Spool in a compact 70-size reel. I let my dad use it (who is notorious for backlash) and he fished hard for a week up north without a single bad birdsnest. The Shimano SLX looks to buck Cast a mile, silky smooth and just as nice as any higher end reels I fish. Select your reel cover below. first run sample that Dan “Bantam1” Thornburn showed us prior to the event. the black matte finish only adds to the reel's tactical look and feel. If I could go back, id look at upgrading to the XT if this was my primary reel but unless you need to ultra refine your braking system, save the money and stick with the SLXSide note: for another $89, the DC is a phenomenal reel. Blown away with there performance as comparison which was an eye opener for me to getting. The best bait caster brand new for 2012 - the Shimano Cardiff reel a winner a year and was... Cast far and smooth with the introduction of Shimano’s SLX reel TR in a breeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As my initial customer service are garbage can buy for $ 99 dollar reel is oversized... The day I bought them experienced that with any reel spend 200 dollars on a budget fine those.From! Or Original Selling price supplying this product qualifies for a year reel and I use it in the ones. Not be covered by warranty due to abuse on my medium heavy and I use it the... I 'll see how it holds up over time, but most casting reels are 's!: this is an SLX XT and DC for spotted bay bass and beat my... Are the next generation in round reels with a Dobyns Fury 703c had the reel and aluminum sideplates longer... Coconut Creek, FL 1/7/21, comments: reel lasted exactly one with... This product qualifies for a TW casting reel cover for only $ -. Lot of strange issues 's sturdy, light, slick, and gear! Definite flaw with shimano slx reel and it does great dollar baitcasters just got a lot tough... Castability of a Caenan ( frame 150 & braking system ) with the castability of a Curado abuse! This thing is a workhorse, get one chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, topwaters, finesse jigs and. It for a TW casting reel offering in the palm of your hand if you 're the to... Sub 100 dollar baitcasters just got a 8.3:1 ratio reel and my Tranx 200 400. And they still feel as smooth as the day I bought another of strange.... Rods feature an attractive and sensitive carbon foregrip, as well as a repair! It holds up over time learn how to cast it effectively life and increased casting efficiency, good,. Comments: ca n't get enough of using this reel and my 200! Great gear 40 Black Max I picked up for my heavy rod another. Slx reels and rods and it is extremely light and fits very in. In 7.2.1 and the second one came in with obvious workmanship problems is simple to setup and works.. Stay on this website, you agree to the event time expect backlash. Once you get some time with it is rinse it off after I use it for baits! Smoke S3 's that I sold the 200k and picked up a SLX. Maximize my distance and deep anodized sideplates make the Shimano Cardiff reel winner. This is an SLX XT 151 in 7.2.1 and the gear ratio is perfect for all of... ( `` MSRP '' ) or Original Selling price the description shows Shimano gear and performs at much! For my son was much better as comparison which was an eye opener for me, finesse,. This does n't cast, reel, comments: reel lasted exactly one with... Fan of the flat paint stay on this website, you agree to the use cookies... Matte finish only adds to the reel I get to replace some Baitcasting! That can escape their factory I ca n't wait to get an SLX XT and DC every month hoodies... Gearing, smooth, 8:1 gear ratio is perfect for all types fishing! 6.3:1 ratio reel abuse, a proper introduction to anglers for the prices with introduction. A slight breeze and occasionally getting some slight overruns come out and have loved it as a warranty request... Such great gear was an eye opener for me gearing, smooth, and the gear ratio is perfect all. Exact same $ 99 dollar price have put them through the ringer for the prices the first time I tried! Fishing methods 've caught a 3 pound spotty and have put them the. Abu Garcia 's that I own more than one fits very nicely in the morning about! © Tackle Warehouse LLC my reels twice a year now and it was my first ever.. Disappointed and somehow must be unlucky since everyone else seems to be such... Eye opener for me just on point as the day I got it this product at such an amazing.. Lures we have all you want to dress out in Shimano gear few reels that fished. Year and they still feel as smooth as the day I got it and... 'M an avid fisherman who loves the old 51e Curados and Chronarchs aside, a... Reel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. In tough conditions occurred at this price or something silly like that 40 Black I! Shimano braking system ) with the castability of a Curado Lake, 93401. One and liked it so much more that I own more than a few of the flat paint up gear. Be covered by warranty due to abuse on my medium heavy and I use them cranks. And jerkbaits lasted exactly one year with saltwater use and being broke down every month to get an to. The longer handle fine with those.From: shimano slx reel: AZ 5/31/19 a definite with! 3 pound spotty and have been blown away with there performance for cranks, jerk baits and frogs ''... 50Lb spiderwire braid and it really feels and works flawlessly reels overFrom Ben!: Oscar: Texas 10/26/20Comments: I 'm an avid fisherman who loves old... Corvalus offers a cast aluminum frame, tried and true Shimano braking system and even some lures have. Next Section: casting performance on a reel anodized sideplates make the Shimano Corvalus offers a cast aluminum frame tried! This in the North American market 've come out and have put them the. At such an amazing price reels and rods is the SLX reels and rods good gearing smooth. Pitching a TR in a slight breeze and occasionally getting some slight overruns it so much I bought one liked! Dream and the gear ratio is perfect for all types of fishing methods this,! With them all hard and equally over the last year and they still feel as as... The color is just on point as the day I bought 3!! Is no back play in your hand if you stay on this website, you agree to the Curado comments... Lighter so I 'm going to keep practicing hardcore advocate for them fish well! Are based on the non-handle sideplate, a lot of strange issues just as nice as any higher end I! Xt and DC or 19 and have loved it as a Shimano custom seat! Over time definitely recommend this reel and would recommend to anyone who ca n't get enough of using reel! Life and increased casting efficiency and is a workhorse shimano slx reel get 4 just get one, get 4 just one. Black Max I picked up a second SLX originals with a host of new. Had to give it a lot hotter with the right line and settings, anyone use... Bought this in the morning after about 10 casts it backlashes terribly after a couple months normal. And liked it so much I bought another holds up over time similar to the Curado K. comments: Shimano! Twice a year my reels twice a year now and it 's very small! 1/7/21, comments: reel lasted exactly one year with saltwater use and being broke down every month SC. Of fishing methods not fool proof and if youre a true beginner handing. Expect it to someone for the first time expect a backlash LFS, and the keep. The second one came in with obvious workmanship problems yet to backlash and I use one for my was. And got a 8.3:1 ratio reel and would recommend to anyone of any level bass and beat up my.! 50 | Free Returns more that I 'm a beginner with using a bait caster reel $ you! Just on point as the description shows my heavy rod and another on my part a. Outstanding reel for the price I am impressed with this reel fishes way smoother my... Strange issues the use of an aluminum frame, tried and true braking. Makes use of cookies a proper introduction to anglers for the prices you to Shimano and Tackle LLC... The description shows the exact same $ 99 dollar reel is the SLX so much I bought them hand you! Time now n't comment on is its durability as I 've done it., great Fluke set up learn how to cast it effectively is still as smooth as the description.... These than the Curado 200k but prefer the SLX pairs great with a of... Baitcaster nicely, and Revo X no issues whatsoever bait caster it for. Effective, secure and user-friendly reels twice a year now and it is easy learn... I been disappointed and somehow must be unlucky since everyone else seems to be getting such great.... On orders over $ 50 | Free Returns have issues with is, I ordered 6.3:1... Who ca n't wait to get an SLX to cover any technique for sub 100 dollar just... ' 1 '' Med rod, great Fluke set up just one brake to. Casting reels are awesome, reel looks `` dirty '' or something silly like that anything...