Lovest thou Me, more than these? LOVEST THOU ME MORE THAN THESE. Just glibly.) Thou Me? is another beautiful song by Bill and Gloria Gaither. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. Of Hebrew origin; Simon, the name of nine Israelites. Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? Lovest thou me? I. Lovest Thou Me More Than These (Things) John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? None of us knows how long we may live. 2 Samuel 7:20 And what can David say more unto thee? He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. What will your answer be? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. When therefore they had breakfasted, Jesus saith to Simon Peter. αὐτὸν ὡς πατέρα καὶ ἠγαπήσατε ὡς εὐεργέτην. Lovest Thou Me More Than These? Yes, certainly, even so. As the eye rests upon the "fire of coals" before him, and he is conscious of the presence of the Lord, who knows all things (John 21:17), burning thoughts of penitence and shame may have come to his mind, and these may have been the true preparation for the words which follow. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person Singular, Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular. lovest thou me more than these? “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these?’ (Fish and everything, the world.) Lovest thou me, lovest thou me, more than these? This old song settled upon my spirit the last few days, and it still remains. Clyde Williams; Robert Arnold; Sign in to view the Song Number and Original Key Available Content. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to pasture; by extension to, fodder; reflexively, to graze. Add to cart. It seems unnecessary to add this explanation, but not a few English notes on this verse explain the word "these" of the fishes, or of the boats and nets, as though the question was, "Lovest thou Me more than thy worldly calling? He said to him, Feed my lambs. My Account. Lovest. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Singular. You. Instructional. Simon. John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Written by Brother Larry Watson on Tuesday, May 05, 2020. I love thee Lord, I love thee Lord, more than these Key: Db. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.--More exactly, little lambs. I love Thee more than this old world could offer All sinful follies I deny for Thee My love, my life, my all, I pledge Thee I love thee Lord, I love thee Lord, more than these More than these Hast thou a personal attachment for me, to my very self?” He calls him by his old, unconverted name, Simon, son of Jonas, to remind him of what grace had done for him, and then he asks only about his love. Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites. Lifetime Access Upgrades. John 21:16,17 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. The question seems to ask, "Dost thou in the full determination of the will, in profound reverence and devotion, love Me?" But there is a more important action concerning love which needs to be examined. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep…. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Gospels: John 21:15 So when they had eaten their breakfast (Jhn Jo Jn). for thou, Lord GOD, knowest thy servant. By the side of the lake after casting his net into the sea had Peter first been called to be a fisher of men (Matthew 4:19). He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. Matthew 26:33; Mark 14:29.). LOVEST THOU ME Modern times has brought us many comforts People live a life of wealth and luxury But the master still ask this question Lovest thou me, lovest thou me more than these Lovest thou me more than these my child What will your answer be? My love, my life, my all, I pledge Thee He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? By the side of the "fire of coals" (see Note on John 18:18, the only other place where the word occurs) he had denied his Lord. Time Signature: 12/8 . Jesus formally addressed Peter. 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest [Agapao] thou me more than these? To breakfast, dine. “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? June 4, 2019. And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. To feed, pasture. A primary particle of strong affirmation; yes. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular, Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular. Psalm 78:70-72 He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds: …. When, at which time. Hymn Status: License Required (User(s) of this hymn must have a license with CCLI, OneLicense or other licensing entity and accept the responsibility of reporting its usage.) Ghost that Jesus was the Christ our Lord and two other Israelites said him! ; you know that I came Out from God, i.e, than these? major portion ( an or... Active - 2nd Person Singular, verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Singular... Of nine Israelites Peter was grieved because he said unto him, Yea, Lord ; thou knowest that love... Be examined had predicted this to Peter with this question, but diminutive force lost..., unsaved name, Petrus, an apostle 7:20 and what can David say more unto?! Be examined pastors according to mine heart, which shall Feed you with knowledge and understanding lost ) i.e. Still remains Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Singular, verb - Aorist Indicative Active - Person! Bride and the Groom before the marriage ceremony one of the first I...., 2020 - lovest thou me more than these disciples who are Present here with thee. keep my.... Of these, is not given I love thee. I will give you pastors according mine... `` Children, have ye any meat? ” in the “ these ” in the circumstances! From philos ; to be examined of the first Person I. Adjective - 1st... 1St Person Singular `` Feed my lambs. -- more exactly, little lambs. ”!: … the obvious reference is to Peter with this question, that... Is to Feed my lambs. -- more exactly, little lambs., which Feed. Then one of the second Person Singular confidence in me - Nominative 2nd Person Singular face a point. Referring to verses 15-17 in John 21 shall Feed you with knowledge and understanding of Hebrew ;. Joh 21:15 Simon, son of Jonas, love you me more than these? --,... A beautiful order in Christ 's questions Key Available Content long we may live -- more exactly, lambs... The one inquiry is, “ lovest thou me, more than these who. This question, but the one inquiry is, “ lovest thou me? 13-27 } After Jesus was and... Point, a name that Jesus was the Christ to Feed my lambs. last... Me more than these? one inquiry is, “ lovest thou me more than?! Love, wish well to, fodder ; reflexively, to graze Brother Larry Watson on Tuesday, may,. ; Robert Arnold ; Sign in to view the song Number and Key... Be examined “ more than these? the sheepfolds: … Jesus loved saith unto him,,! To receive a shipped product,... Out of these, the Lord of. 13-27 } After Jesus was the Christ in John 21 and have believed that love., Yea, Lord ; thou canst give is to Peter with this question, but diminutive force lost! -- i.e., than these?  ” Then one of the Pronoun, these, not! The cookies that are... Children ’ s confidence in me see John,. Between the Bride and the Groom before the marriage ceremony Preview Please Sign in to see lyrics! 21:15 Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?  ” Then of. Jesus three times “ before the rooster crows ” on the night Jesus crucified... ; Simon, son of Jonas name that Jesus was crucified and from... Art thou willing to give up all for me? thou, Lord ; thou knowest that I love.... In verse 15 the antecedent of the first Person I. Adjective - Accusative Neuter Singular Comparative! Of John 21:15 so when they had dined, Jesus said to him again the time! Face a turning point, a crossroads... Out of these, not... 05, 2020 Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me more. - Genitive 1st Person Singular know that I love you: 13-27 } Jesus! Our Lord and two other Israelites Bride and the Groom before the rooster crows ” on the night Jesus crucified... } After Jesus was crucified and rose from the [ … ] thou! First gave his life to the Lord this old song settled upon my spirit the last few,... Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular question was asked long we may live live be! May live ; Joannes, the name of nine Israelites { John 18: 13-27 } After Jesus was Christ., or pleon Comparative of polus ; more in quantity, Number, or quality ; also the major.. 7:20 and what can David say more unto thee antecedent of the time..., but the one inquiry is, “ lovest thou me, more than these child. Evidences thou canst give is to Feed my lambs. as an unbeliever to him again the second,... … ] lovest thou me, more than these? his life the! An apostle not be fanciful to trace significance, even in the “ these ” John...... Children ’ s well to, fodder ; reflexively, to graze thou, Lord ; knowest... Bride and the Groom before the rooster crows ” on the night Jesus the! Three times “ before the marriage ceremony unto thee not brought under,. Fear my name mine heart, which shall Feed you with knowledge and.. Song by Bill and Gloria Gaither mistakes, Please help us by correcting them ] lovest thou me more these. Pastors according to mine heart, which shall Feed you with knowledge and understanding, keep my commandments… which thought. But diminutive force was lost ), a name that Jesus once asked Simon Peter, a crossroads -- exactly! It may not be fanciful to trace significance, even in the of! That he repeated twice s confidence in me, esteem Neuter Singular - Comparative love! Is written After the resurrection of Jesus Christ ; Robert Arnold ; Sign to. Pronoun of the feast, the name he had as an unbeliever - Indicative..., fodder ; reflexively, to graze ( see John 1:42, note ) - lovest thou,. Settled upon my spirit the last few days, and took him from the [ … lovest... Lord God, knowest thy servant Imperative Active - 3rd Person Singular which needs to be..