The regulative principle of the Reformation said if Scripture doesn’t command it, it is forbidden. There’s no parallel. I have often heard debates about Infant Baptism and i want to know if it's biblical, please don't give your opinion i want scripture. That is one thing and it ceased. Grace to You 97,701 views. Verse 13 turns it the other way, “A woman has an unbelieving husband and he consents to live with her, she shouldn’t send her husband away.”. Infant baptism is nothing, has no saving efficacy, delivers no grace, confers no faith, is a symbol of nothing. Infant baptism is not consistent with Reformation soteriology. Therefore, only by an eternal Word must it be governed and grasped for it is simply insulting to govern in God’s presence with human law and custom. Is infant baptism biblical? So my response is: “What verse says that? Of course. Infant baptism is most certainly biblical and is not just church tradition. Doubtless, the design of Satan in assaulting infant baptism with all his forces is to keep out of view, and gradually efface, that attestation of divine grace which the promise itself presents to our eyes. What about household baptisms (Acts 16:15, 33; 1 Corinthians 1:16)? They were in the past. Now, as we spend some time together, enrich that time and bless every person who is here with all spiritual blessings in the heavenlies in Christ. And baptism is always immersing them in water - it is never sprinkling water on their heads from a tiny little fountain. All hear the gospel, all believe the gospel, all receive the Holy Spirit, all are baptized. Doesn’t say anything about being baptized, just about believing, the household believed. He even went further and said, “The children themselves must believe. And during the middle Ages, severe ecclesiastical laws were created as part of a civil code. Luther said, “The Lord says most decidedly, ‘He who believes not shall be damned.’ But the assertion of the Anabaptists is false that children cannot believe. Infant baptism is not biblical. However, by 1527, he turned back to the state church because he was afraid he needed to maintain oneness of doctrine in order to maintain solidarity and power, political/military power. It is administered by the church in the name of God. In fact, from about the fourth century on, infant baptism has been the norm in the Christian church. Horrible. That’s out of the heritage of Luther. While there is no description of an individual infant being baptized, the Bible describes five separate household baptisms: The Household of Cornelius, Acts 11:13–14: Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon whose surname is Peter, who will tell you words by which you and all your household will be saved. You cannot be indifferent to it because it is a command. Otherwise, your children are unclean and now they are holy” or separated. In Babylon, new birth was conferred by baptism of infants. Bible verses about Infant Baptism. It is a conscious decision and proclamation. People coming to Christ, “Do I dump my unbelieving spouse?” No - no. Now follow me. In spite of the debates, a careful reading of […] We drink that cup as a symbol of His blood. Infant Baptism Is Not Biblical. And when you debate this sometimes with them, they say, “Well, history tells us that the Reformers accepted that.” And when I hear that, I always say, “History is not a hermeneutic. Again, the world is full of baptized people who are indifferent, blasphemous, haters of Christianity, not in the church at all, no interest in it. B. Warfield, who was a noted Presbyterian - Presbyterians do infant baptism - affirmed that infant baptism does not appear in the Scripture. In those five places where it talks about households being baptized, it never mentions children, ever. Where did this come from? Even Calvin (who baptized babies) wrote, “The word ‘baptize’ means to immerse. And there are people who don’t know that it is important and don’t think the methodology is important or even the time when a person is baptized. Many people come to Christ by listening to Christian radio, Christian television, going to some kind of big event, some kind of meeting, some kind of what is called a crusade or something like that. Infant baptism is the practice of baptising infants or young children.In theological discussions, the practice is sometimes referred to as paedobaptism, or pedobaptism, from the Greek pais meaning "child". The local church becomes the true church. This article is also available and sold as a booklet. ‘A Holy Baptism of Fire & Blood’ Review: The Civil War’s Biblical Violence What prompted so many ordinary Americans to march to war? An infant cannot understand what water baptism symbolizes. Any biblical practice needs a biblical proof. We pray in His name. All that comes to pass otherwise comes to pass in the spirit of tyranny,” end quote. What are we to think of them? There are no explicit accounts of infant baptism in the Bible. There is no call for infant baptism. We expect the Roman Catholic Church to engage in such practices because the Roman Catholic Church is full of things that aren’t in the Bible, right? Infant baptism confuses hopelessly the church. How could they understand that and then come up with something like infant baptism which by a rite on a baby confers to that baby salvation? The right of free Christian individuality was an ideal that remained at that time unrealized.” This writer says, “The Reformation did not bring to an end the zeal for bloody persecution. Let me show you. It is certain that immersion was the practice of the early church,” end quote. It is explicitly in Catholic Teaching. Therefore, the Reformed can say they see infant baptism in the Bible because it is an inference. So I want to talk about baptism from the biblical viewpoint. At the end of seven hours, I said, “Okay. It matters a lot because it confounds - and this is the fourth thing I want to say. “Therefore shall they also, through baptism as the sign of the covenant, be incorporated in the Christian church and be distinguished from the children of unbelievers as in the Old Testament took place by circumcision.” See, they’ve got this confounding connection to circumcision. Second, in response to the promise people are called to repent. Is Infant Baptism Biblical? The Reformers directed us to the core biblical statement: Sola Fide – wholly by faith (Romans 3:28). This is very, very important. Let me quote Luther. I’m regenerate. That is simply saying not that your husband should be baptized and your children should be baptized though unconverted but, rather, that if you as a believer are living with a husband and children that are non-believers, the blessings that flow to you will spill over to them. And I will promise you, with our four children, it was easy to presume that they were not regenerate from the very beginning. Infant baptism is not in the Bible, it is not New Testament baptism. So there were those who were holding to surrogate faith on the part of parents and godparents. It gets to the point where salvation is a collective thing and you get into the collective saved group by infant baptism. Are we supposed to affirm the reality of all kinds of things Scripture doesn’t forbid? You want to be baptized? And if you were a rebaptizer of somebody who was baptized as an infant, that was a capital offense - that’s right, a capital offense. Didn’t take long for the true church in Europe to just disappear altogether. Thirdly, infant baptism is not in the Scripture, it’s not New Testament baptism, and it is not - please - a replacement sign for the Abrahamic mark of circumcision. But, the Bible is in complete agreement with the principle of Infant Baptism. Here at Grace to You Europe we take our data protection responsibilities very seriously and, as you would expect, have undertaken a significant programme of work to ensure that we are ready for this important legislative change. Furthermore, in biblical baptism, believers testify to a redeemed church. Baptism is received. I’m going to give you five reasons why we must reject infant baptism, five reasons. Latest Videos. To justify that sprinkling babies as an act of Christian baptism is done because it’s not forbidden in Scripture and to standardize it and imprint it with divine authority (though it’s a ceremony invented by men for the worst of political reasons) is then to open the way to any ritual, any behavior, any ceremony, any teaching, or anything else that isn’t strictly forbidden by Scripture.