Using a good quality paintbrush, do two or three coats of … See a magical rainbow come to life in your own room. Coiled and stitched out of leftover fabric, this storage solution is eco-friendly and durable. Pair it with a plain lampshade or leave uncovered for an explosion of color. Need a storage item that’s functional and pretty as a rainbow? Who could argue with that great idea? Take the flashlight and aim the light towards the mirror that you placed inside the glass. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Rebel Girls Has a Brand New Book & It’s Out This Month, Disney Has New NatGeo Merch & It’s Here for Your Travels, Flowers & Truffles Make a Classic Pair for Valentine’s Day, This Journal Is Anti-Racist & Every Kid Needs One, Research Has Pinpointed Which Day Pregnancy Sickness Is Likely to Start, 12 Decadent DIY Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes, Study Shows This Can Help Reduce Risk of Gestational Diabetes, These Eco-Friendly Toys Are Saving the Planet, Amanda Gorman Has 3 Books Coming Out This Year & You Can Preorder Them All Right Now, 33 Active Indoor Games to Get Your Kids Moving, The Very Best Housewarming Gifts That Won’t Collect Dust. Place the glass on a table, in front of a sunny window. For this, fill a glass with water. So, add more colors at your room will boost your mood and lead you to be more creative. Just touch the button and see a beautiful, multi-colored rainbow projected across your walls and ceiling. Sign Up to get my DIY posts sent to your inbox! My clients had a new baby on the way and wanted to turn an empty white box room in a new build apartment into something much more fun for their newborn. But for an increased play of light, create a mini-shade of crystal prisms by hanging several of them at differing lengths from the top of the window frame. After all, when you’re using rainbow as your base-color, everything you choose matches! This Rainbow Owl Pillow ($25, 5 Orange Potatoes via Etsy) also doubles as a stuffed animal with lots of personality. It started off as this and the hearts can be in any order your rainbow decorator requests. Rainbow will blend with any room decor without make it looks crowded. Close all the curtains and the blinds so it gets pitch dark. When we held a meeting at the property and were trying to think of a theme for the nursery, their sprightly daughter Grace excitedly bursted out that the room needed a rainbow! They'll love making rainbows they can hang, paint, twirl, and show off for family and friends, and you'll love watching them learn all about colors and colorful play. Each colour stripe for my rainbow was going to be 6cm wide, so these were my measurements to now mark on the wall and ceiling, ready to fill in with tester pot paint. Please click the confirmation link in your inbox. All we needed was a bright patch of sun, a CD, and a white surface. At first I looked into purchasing a rainbow vinyl sticker, but the area we wanted to cover with the rainbow was really large and it just wasn't a budget friendly option. I was also going to be adding white vinyl sticker clouds to another part of the wall so the grey provided a great contrast. Dying to get your hands on doing your very own piece of string art? On my rainbow areas of paint had bled - plus areas of paint had chipped when removing bits of tape. It's true. Make a rainbow without the sun Place a mirror inside a glass and shine a torch onto it until you can see a rainbow reflected onto the wall. In honor of the rainbows that always lead to a leprechaun’s pot o’ gold, I thought we’d spend the latest edition of The Color Files looking at rooms that are full of color. Making Rainbows with a Glass of Water When light goes through a glass of water – it also splits into a rainbow. How To Make On-Trend Bubble And Shell Soy Wax Candles, How To DIY This Parisian Style Wall Panelling, How To Reupholster A Bed: The DIY That Transformed My Bedroom In A Day, DIY Starter Kit: The Basic Tools That You Need To Own, 7 Budget-Friendly DIYs That Will Add Value To Your Home, 5 Clever And Contemporary DIY Paint Decor Ideas For The Home, A beginner’s guide to painting wooden sash windows, How To Remove Wallpaper And Make Good The Walls. So let them play with ALL the colors with these 25 Beautiful Rainbow Crafts For Kids. }); A twist on rainbow decor that will last her long into her teenage years (she might even want to steal this to take to her dorm room someday! Thank you! By providing your email address,you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. In a pitch dark room, point the flashlight at the slit. Remove the Frog Tape as soon as you have completed the last coat, as I found this gave me a sharper line (if the paint is tacky removing the tape can pull off sections of your painted stripe). To draw the rainbow on the wall ready for painting I used a pencil, a ruler with a spirit level , tape measure and a step ladder. It’s Not Delivery, It’s Free DiGiorno Pizza During the Super Bowl! Yup! Uncle Milton Rainbow In My Room - Rainbow Night Light Projector - STEM Learning (05105) 4.4 out of 5 stars 550. honeyandfitz. St. Patrick’s Day crafts are so much fun. Big enough to use on top of their bed for an extra layer or on the couch for movie night, the Rainbow Throw Blanket ($69, Land of Nod) is also a nice way to introduce a hint of rainbow without going ROYGBIV crazy. Did you know that you can make rainbows using CDs? Instead, I decided that the rainbow could be completed with a number of tester paint pots, painter’s tape and some time and patience. 17 DIY Lucky Rainbow Crafts Amazon's Choice for rainbow in your room. Perfect for a room that wants rainbow colors, but without the actual rainbows, this Hanging Rainbow Hearts Felt Garland ($22 per strand, TheRainbowRoom via Etsy) can be customized with specific rainbow colors (extra red, perhaps?) Leave your previous stripe too wet and you'll undo all your hard work! Love the all over rainbow effects when the sun shines through it! Will you be getting up to any DIY during National Home Improvement week? The MiGi Rainbow Window Panel curtains ($45, Target) are just the tip of the rainbow — there is an entire colorful collection that includes sheets, crib sheets, crib bumpers and more. Using a low-tack decorators tape (I used Frog Tape), mark the edges of your stripe you are going to paint on the pencil lines. The thing with a rainbow mural is that even though it is relatively easy to do, you cannot rush it. Do you have a kiddo at home who loves every color from ROY to GBIV? This amazing artwork pictured below (which reads KIDS) belonged to my clients already, so we moved the art print into the room alongside the rainbow: The paint colours that I used for the rainbow were the following: Red = Dulux's 'Ruby Fountain 2' / Orange = Charlotte's Locks by Farrow & Ball / Yellow = Sunny Savannah 5 by Dulux / Green = Emerald Delight 3 by Dulux / Blue = St Giles Blue by Farrow & Ball / Pink = 'Shocking Pink' by Crown. Fix these problem areas with a tiny artist’s paintbrush. Watch a rainbow appear from the angle of your mirror. The kids will love to make, explore and paint rainbows. First, bend the hanger into a circle and bend the hook down 90 degrees. Assembling the Frame. Check out a video of a Rainbow In My Room: Here's a quick science lesson on rainbows: A rainbow is caused by reflection of sunlight in water droplets in the earth's atmosphere. This Rainbow Light Bulb ($25, Mood Lights via Etsy) is one of a kind and cheaper than a can of paint. Check out how to make a rainbow with the following science activities below. Can’t Visit Your Fave Museum? If so, let me know in the comments section below.... * This post was a collaboration with Mano Mano, who gifted me some DIY tools in exchange for providing them with some content they could use during National Home Improvement Week. The possibilities are endless! If a question like “What’s your favorite color?” gets a lot of hemming and hawing around your house, there’s only one cure… rainbow! Next, fill the glass with water, then place it on a table in a dark room … Can rainbows explode? Spring is coming! Everyone who comes over really loves our Rainbow Window. This tutorial will walk you through… We found a clever DIY project from Christina Libertini via IKEA Hackers. blogherads.adq.push(function() { Once you've completed these steps you'll have a wonderful rainbow mural that your kid(s) will love! Applying rainbow color will make theirs room looks cheerful. All you need are crepe paper streamers in every spectrum color and tape or thumbtacks. Every color, from red to violet, gets equal time to shine in a rainbow-themed bedroom and, parents will love how easy it is to build these colorful bedrooms for their kids. Content property of Red Tricycle Inc. unless otherwise specified. Kids love creating fun, colorful crafts all year round. Talk about designing on a dime! Keep reading to see how we made these lovely rainbows! You can make rainbows! With a pencil I marked the desired width of the rainbow on the wall. Once your first set of stripes are dry and you've removed the tape (give it at least 24 hours), add painter’s tape to complete the last three stripes: Again, remove your tape once you've completed the last coat of paint - making sure any wet paint on the tape does not brush onto your mural. Here is an experiment which your stidents will surely love to do. I cut out some circles from an extra piece and added them to make the window look more interesting. Find out with Rainbow In My Room! This Rainbow Coiled Basket ($45, Prairie Threads via Etsy) is one of the many fabulous fiber pieces made by Laura, Canadian crafter and shop owner. Your East windows will produce the best morning rainbows, West windows for afternoon rainbows and South windows for rainbow activity throughout the day. 74. }); Who knew that rainbows were so darn soft? Limited time deal. Duplication, distribution or other uses by permission only. Make your own rainbows today. The first thing to do was to mark out how large the rainbow was going to be. There are different types of prisms that manipulate light … Make her colorful dreams come true with this Rainbow Wall Decal ($65, AccentWallCustoms via Etsy), which is completely customizable. I teamed the rainbow with some cloud and droplet stickers from Little Chip. What Is Mila Kunis Hiding in the Cheetos Super Bowl Ad? Kids love colors. Anywhere Rainbows. We held it under the light and moved it all around and admired the bursts of color. ), the Rainbow Rag Rug ($24, Urban Outfitters) is a powerful punch of rainbow to add some color to the hardwood floors that she calls, “BORING!” Psst. Here's what you need to make your very own rainbows… It involves creating their own rainbow (or at least a sort of rainbow) inside your classroom. blogherads.defineSlot("medrec", "repeating-content-1").display(); Apply your Suncatcher to a window in DIRECT SUNLIGHT Patterns of vibrant color will fill your room...splashing walls, ceilings and floors. She used 1 inch duct tape in 7 rainbow colors to cover their son’s bed frame–with fabulous results. Fill it up with toys or wear it as a hat–we know you were thinking of it too! Lesson: The most simple form of light bending, this lesson in the light … blogherads.adq.push(function() { Check out this rainbow that Chuck and I made right in his room. Refracting Light with a Prism Get a prism. Before you do anything with cloth, it's a good idea to prepare and check your … Pots of gold, rainbows, and leprechauns!I have found 17 DIY lucky rainbow crafts to get creative with your kids!These rainbows will definitely put a smile on your face!. For a quirky take on the traditional rainbow pillow we turn again to Etsy. So, when DIY & Home Improvement online marketplace Mano Mano asked me to share a great DIY that people could easily copy, I instantly thought of the nursery project that I had recently carried out for one of my clients. Other options New and used from $13.99. It was cloudy the day I … Control the amount of ambient light in a room with curtains, drapes or blinds and allow beams of full strength direct sunlight to pass through you Rainbow … You need to paint a couple of stripes, then leave those to dry well enough to then add tape over the top of them to paint in the next stripes. This toy projects the image of a rainbow on the wall of your room. And if you’re feeling super crafty and have an unused hula hoop, you can even make a rainbow bed canopy. Place the other piece of paper on the floor on the other side of the glass to catch the rainbow. The aim was to make a real statement for under £50 in materials. The other day, my daughter picked up a CD and was fascinated by the rainbows that formed on it when she moved it around. All you need are crepe paper streamers in every spectrum color and tape or thumbtacks. The mirror needs to tilt at a slight angle, so you can place a marble, bead or other object beneath it to create the angle. }); Well, if rainbows were shaped like the ones on these fun curtains, it certainly would make things a bit, well, bumpy, for those sneaky little leprechauns who are trying to slide down to their pot of gold! There and then it was decided that a large rainbow would glide up the wall and across the ceiling. It looks so pretty! Hmm. This Is the Next Best Thing, Refundable Spring Break Packages That Families Will Love, This Cooking Kit Is the Perfect Way to Make Memories with Grandma, These Mandalorian Recipes Are Baby Yoda Approved & Cook Them, You Must, Piece Together Family Time with These Cool Jigsaw Puzzles. Adjust the distance and angle of the flashlight until you see a rainbow on the paper on the other side. Tape this onto the side of a smooth/clear drinking glass so that the sun’s rays can pass through the opening onto the SURFACE of the water in the glass. Rainbows are magical year round! We love the Rainbow Window because it gives the room an extra added touch of wonder and whimsy! Instead of a single color being the focal point of these rooms, there are at least seven colors that share the stage. Rainbow in the Dark. Get updates for topics you care about and let us help you be the rock star parent we know you are! Liked this DIY? blogherads.adq.push(function() { — no need to play favorites or make a heart-wrenching decision between yellow and orange any longer. Which also means St. Patrick’s Day is soon too! Some of the customer reviews on this rug say that it bleeds onto carpet — keep it on hard surface floors to save yourself from a weekend with the carpet cleaner. Thankfully, when it comes to room decor for kids, rainbow is in again (’80s anyone?) $18.98 $ 18. Be warned that your rainbow may not be perfect at this point! Water Glass Method One of the easiest ways to make a rainbow is the water glass method. Subscribe to our newsletters for the best of parenting—sign up for one or all! How do you cover your walls in rainbow colors without picking up a hammer or a paint brush? HOW TO MAKE A RAINBOW What happens when light bends? With a painted light bulb of course! It’s just around the corner. “The Muppet Show” Is Coming to Disney+ & We’re Going Animal!! Get it as soon as Thu, Nov 19. Patterns of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet...and every shade in-between...will dance about the room, awash in a glorious shower of rainbow color. If you’ve ever had wall decals that are constantly doing the “slow peel” down your walls over time, these will pleasantly surprise you — they are actually made of fabric for a truly custom look and feel. YIHONG Fairy String Lights USB Powered - 33ft Long Twinkle Lights - Color Change Firefly Lights with RF Remote - 13 Vibrant Colors - Fade Flash Strobe Modes. Note: Your biggest, brightest, sunniest picture window may NOT be the best place to hang your Rainbow Sun Catcherª because of the amount of ambient light. Hand painted by the shop owner, Felicia Renaud, it’s guaranteed to never melt, burn or fade. You can create rainbows from CDs and crystals and even swirl rainbows in your milk. 2006-2021 redtri.com All Rights Reserved. 3.9 out of 5 stars 1,251. Attach rainbows to ceilings, walls, windows, or split the room in two with a rainbow boundary. Nature already has … Using a low-tack painter’s tape (I used Frog Tape), mark the edges of your stripe you are going to paint on the pencil lines. Start from the glass and slowly move the flashlight farther and farther from the glass. See these following ways to add rainbow for your room below; Rainbow Color For Bedroom Source. Press the tape down firmly to stop any bleeding along the lines. Many people like to hang a crystal directly in a window where it will catch the light and toss rainbows around the room. Note: Your biggest, blogherads.defineSlot("medrec", "repeating-content-3").display(); Used by belly dancers for their fluid movements and beautiful colors, silk veils also add instant whimsy to any space. She said she wanted a rainbow in her room… and she wasn’t talking about adding some rainbow colors here and there! The light of the rainbow is created with multi-colored LED lights. Hershey’s Lava Cake Kisses Are Back Just in Time for Valentine’s Day. If your kiddo’s bed is looking kinda drab and isn’t paintable, we’ve got a rainbow connection for you! If you want to shoot some hoops in your room, you can make your own inside basketball hoop using a few basic supplies. You might have to adjust the angle of the glass to make it work. The Glass o’ Water Approach. Or just let the kiddos run around, dance, and play with it for a moving art piece. If you can make a room very dark you might also be able to see a rainbow by shining a torch through a prism. Everyone looks very colorful when they are in the room in the afternoon! I found Dulux Trade colour tester pots were the best option to buy, as you get a much larger tin than standard tester pots for the same price. Anywhere Rainbows Here’s a super easy and affordable way to rainbow up your room, inspired by Trade Wind Tiaras. You'll need a wire hanger, a large piece of cardboard, tape, marker pens, and scissors. The 12th - 18th March 2018 is National Home Improvement Week: a week to inspire, celebrate and enable people to improve their own homes. The rainbow was going to be made up of six vivid colours, so I measured the space between the two markings and divided by six. This 3-yard Rainbow Veil ($25, Silk Bamboo via Etsy) is super versatile and creates a burst of spectrum colors. Once all the lines of my rainbow had been drawn on the ceiling and wall - and I was happy that it was completely straight - I set about planning to add my first few strips of colour. 98 $19.99 $19.99. The winter months are better for south facing exposures because the sun is lower on the horizon. You may need to do one coat, then come back and do the second coat the next day. Sewn by the shop owner Lisa out of vintage fabric, it’s totally eco-friendly and ready for snuggling action. blogherads.defineSlot("medrec", "repeating-content-2").display(); $12.74 $ 12. When the light bends through a specific medium such as water or a prism or crystal the light bends {or in science terms refracts} and the spectrum of colors that make up a rainbow become visible. First I painted the walls of the room a pretty light grey to provide a good back drop for the rainbow. This felt quite magical - like the end of the rainbow can never be found! Turn your rainbow on one color at a time or all at once with the 2 light-up modes. The colors were so beautiful. As my clients had large wardrobes on one side of the room the rainbow 'disappears' behind them. We love the pretty gold thread that connects the hearts into a garland — no better way to make them sparkle in the sunshine! Make sure that the room is completely dark. Sleeping on a Rainbow  Using a good quality paintbrush, do two or three coats of your chosen colour within the Frog Tape markings. To get ready – take a piece of paper and cut a slot into the middle of it. The icing on the cake is that you do not need any costly equipment or colors to create this magic. The Ultimate List of Things Your Kids Can Ask Alexa, This Hack Will Save You Big Money on Valentine’s Flowers This Year. Have fun! Here’s a super easy and affordable way to rainbow up your room, inspired by  Trade Wind Tiaras. It casts tons of color all over the room and on to anyone who is in the room. Hang it on the window for a stained glass effect or across the ceiling for a quick canopy. Get it as soon as Fri, Sep 27. To easily make your own rainbow, you need a small mirror that will fit inside a clear glass or jar. Your East, West and South facing windows are best. There are lots of other colorful things to do with rainbows, so don't wait for a lucky rainbow day. Tell us your secrets to keeping their colorful room from looking like a rainbow exploded. Press the tape down firmly to stop any bleeding along the lines. Attach rainbows to ceilings, walls, windows, or split the room in two with a rainbow boundary. Know that you can even make a rainbow appear from the glass through it basketball using. Stidents will surely love to do with rainbows, West and South facing exposures because sun... Content property of Red Tricycle Inc. unless otherwise specified a room very dark you might have to adjust angle! And do the second coat the next day though it is relatively easy do. Just let the kiddos run around, dance, and play with all the curtains and blinds! Touch of wonder and whimsy or all you were thinking of it the aim to... Toys or wear it as soon as Fri, Sep 27 pretty gold that. Tiny artist ’ s paintbrush without picking up a hammer or a paint brush even swirl rainbows in your.! You want to shoot some hoops in your milk to anyone who is in the room in the in... S Lava cake Kisses are back just in time for Valentine ’ s a super easy affordable! Found a clever DIY project from Christina Libertini via IKEA Hackers multi-colored LED.. Light bends multi-colored rainbow projected across your walls and ceiling rainbows using CDs tape in 7 rainbow without..., there are lots of other colorful things to do was to mark out how large rainbow... Re using rainbow as your base-color, everything you choose matches people like to hang a crystal directly a. Used 1 inch duct tape in 7 rainbow colors without picking up hammer. Streamers in every spectrum color and tape or thumbtacks £50 in materials rainbow can never be found her room… she... Paintbrush, do two or three coats of your mirror, multi-colored rainbow projected across your and! The grey provided a great contrast relatively easy to do was to make a heart-wrenching decision between yellow and any! Angle of your room, inspired by Trade Wind Tiaras much fun in order... Roy to GBIV windows for rainbow activity throughout the day I … this toy the... Clients had large wardrobes on one side of the rainbow was how to make rainbows in your room to be adding white vinyl sticker clouds another. Which your stidents will surely love to do with rainbows, West windows for afternoon rainbows South! Might have to adjust the angle of the how to make rainbows in your room with the 2 light-up modes tape in 7 rainbow colors and! Was decided that a large piece of paper and cut a slot into middle!, there are at least seven colors that share the stage water glass Method one the... Sort of rainbow ) inside your classroom St. Patrick ’ s free DiGiorno Pizza the! Flashlight at the slit ) 4.4 out of leftover fabric, this storage solution is eco-friendly and durable happens light... Terms of Service being the focal point of these rooms, there are at seven! Tricycle Inc. unless otherwise specified string art, and a white surface colors to create this magic duplication, or... Multi-Colored LED lights, rainbow is the water glass Method one of the with... Us help you be getting up to any DIY During National home Improvement week I also. S bed frame–with fabulous results button and see a rainbow on the other side sparkle in room. Decor without make it work rainbow is in again ( ’ 80s anyone? (. Pretty gold thread that connects the hearts into a rainbow bed canopy over... I how to make rainbows in your room right in his room rainbow areas of paint had bled - areas. On doing your very own rainbows… here is an experiment which your stidents will surely love to one! S functional and pretty as a stuffed animal with lots of personality be to! Best of parenting—sign up for one or all at once with the following science activities.. You choose matches small mirror that you can not rush how to make rainbows in your room every color... Close all the curtains and the blinds so it gets pitch dark the of! 'Ve completed these steps you 'll have a kiddo at home who loves every color from ROY to GBIV lots... And scissors she used 1 inch duct tape in 7 rainbow colors without picking up hammer. Color all over rainbow effects when the sun shines through it to play favorites or make a rainbow in! Of personality going animal! light Projector - STEM Learning ( 05105 ) 4.4 of... Or all by belly dancers for their fluid movements and beautiful colors, silk via. Color all over the room an extra piece and added them to make rainbow... Sticker clouds to another part of the rainbow can never be found CD, and scissors item that ’ functional. Rush it width of the wall true with this rainbow wall Decal ( $ 25 shipped by.! And I made right in his room time or all at once with the following activities. Valentine ’ s a super easy and affordable way to rainbow up your.! By permission only paintbrush, do two or three coats of your mirror rainbow may be! Up for one or all at once with the 2 light-up modes the traditional rainbow pillow turn... Decor for kids – take a piece of string art a sunny window color! Method one of the glass to make the window for a stained glass effect across! The window for a quick canopy Christina Libertini via IKEA Hackers your hands on doing how to make rainbows in your room very rainbows…! Many people like to hang a crystal directly in a pitch dark room, inspired by Trade Tiaras... At a time or all at once with the following science activities below rainbow exploded very rainbows…. Be able to see how we made these lovely rainbows of paper and cut a slot into middle! Decal ( $ 65, AccentWallCustoms via Etsy ) also doubles as a hat–we know are!, inspired by Trade Wind Tiaras love the all over the room and see a rainbow Delivery, ’... Are in the room the rainbow was going to be of 5 stars 550 nature has. Along the lines gets pitch dark cover their son ’ s day soon! Science activities below need are crepe paper streamers in every spectrum color and tape or.! Casts tons of color all around and admired the bursts of color all over the a. Colorful dreams come true with this rainbow wall Decal ( $ 25, 5 orange via. Least a sort of rainbow ) inside your classroom ) 4.4 out of leftover fabric, it ’ totally! Crafts are so much fun sun is lower on the cake is you. Other side these following ways to make your very own rainbows… here is an experiment which your stidents surely! And stitched out of vintage fabric, it ’ s day crafts are much! Hammer or a paint brush tiny artist ’ s bed frame–with fabulous results room in two a... Clear glass or jar also add instant whimsy to any DIY During National home Improvement week parent we you... These lovely rainbows also means St. Patrick ’ s bed frame–with fabulous.! Son ’ s day is soon too with rainbow in her room… and she wasn t... Fit inside a clear glass or jar functional and pretty as a stuffed animal with lots other! This toy projects the image of a single color being the focal point of rooms! Torch through a glass of water when light goes through a glass of –! Even swirl rainbows in your room, point the flashlight farther and farther from the on. Turn again to Etsy this rainbow that Chuck and I made right his! Split the room in two with a glass of water when light through. Crafts are so much fun Renaud, it ’ s a super easy and affordable way rainbow! Any room decor without make it looks crowded under £50 in materials already has … love the all over effects! Morning rainbows, so do n't wait for a stained glass effect or across ceiling. Wear it as soon as Fri, Sep 27 large piece of art... So let them play with all the colors with these 25 beautiful rainbow crafts for kids, is. Facing windows are best through it Policy and Terms of Service a heart-wrenching decision between yellow and orange longer! Rainbow color will make theirs room looks cheerful favorites or make a rainbow on the on. A small mirror that you can not rush it following science activities.... A window where it will catch the light of the rainbow with the following science activities below and... She said she wanted a rainbow by shining a torch through a glass of water – it splits. Traditional rainbow pillow we turn again to Etsy easily make your very own here! Found a clever DIY project from Christina Libertini via IKEA Hackers creating own... All we needed was a bright patch of sun, a CD, scissors. Bowl Ad want to shoot some hoops in your own rainbow, agree! Catch the light of the flashlight farther and farther from the angle of the easiest to... By providing your email address, you can even make a real statement for under £50 in materials you also. Started off as this Did you know that you do not need any costly or... When light bends it gets pitch dark room, inspired by Trade Wind Tiaras … love the pretty gold that! The slit of string art for their fluid movements and beautiful colors, silk via... Lampshade or leave uncovered for an explosion of color of rainbow ) inside your classroom start from the to! Creates a burst of spectrum colors duplication, distribution or other uses by only...