The bacon cooks in a toasty oven for 15-20 minutes. Here are some serving ideas, as well as classic recipes for bacon … Score! Thank YOU, Toni!! Put the baking sheet with bacon in the oven A warm and deli, ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH HORSERADISH!! More Videos. Just don’t forget to set your timer! This will likely fall between 15 and 22 minutes. Then, I simply roll up the foil and toss is in my waste basket. If you’ve roasted your bacon there’s no need to worry about this, as all the fat … This vegan bacon recipe came to be in a moment of inspiration while making pasta that needed a salty garnish. It’s so easy, it may take a little more time but you won’t mind after you see the results. *Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place oven rack in center of oven. Crispy Oven Baked Bacon is both delicious and hassle free. I let it bake for 15 minutes gave it a check and decided my fam would want it a little crispier. After I’ve removed the bacon from the wire rack on the aluminum foil lined baking sheets, I let them sit until the bacon fat hardens. It’s the easy, simple, hassle-free method for cooking perfect bacon. baking bacon in the oven, best way to cook bacon, crispy bacon, how to make bacon in the oven, oven baked bacon. Mom of 3 and Chief Creativity Officer at The Pinning Mama. There is nowhere bacon doesn’t belong. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 25 minutes. Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Roast in the center of the oven until the … I love this! The Epicurious Test Kitchen gets to the bottom of the great bacon debate. Thanks for sharing. Bacon in the Oven. For a thick-cut bacon, I go for around 22 minutes. Clean-up is a cinch. After you take it out of the oven let it cool for a few minutes then use tongs to transfer it to some paper towels and let it drain the grease a bit. This means less batches for you to cook. For crispier bacon, place an oven safe baking rack on top of the parchment paper. Worked like a bacon flavored charm. For me, this offers the quickest cook time and the crispiest bacon. When my bacon has finished cooking, I transfer it to a paper-towel lined plate using tongs. It is important to remember that the thickness and your desired crispness will both play a part in your cook time. My bacon was thick and I like it crispy … Put bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer. And it really is true! First up, let’s preheat that oven to 400F. Go … The result is a savory-sweet, smoky, crispy plant-based bacon … , I am very happy you enjoyed it! You can cook as many slices of bacon that you can line up on your baking sheet without overlapping. It makes everything better, am I right? I had shiitakes on hand and the rest is history! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bake for 7-10 minutes. All Rights Reserved. Place a rack in the center of the oven, and heat the oven to 450 degrees. How clever! Now set the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Cook the bacon to your preferred degree of doneness. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking dish and layer however many slices of bacon you desire … Start by preheating your oven to 400°F. I followed the pin exactly. Many people would think this just isn’t possible, but those that know me closest know that it is true. Place the baking sheet of bacon into the COLD oven on the center rack. It’s as simple as spraying the wire rack of a GoodCook Crispy Baking Set with nonstick spray, then placing strips of bacon on the rack. … I’m Kimber. Definitely start checking on your bacon at the 15 minute mark. Even after my oven has reached this temperature, I let it sit at 400F for a good 10 minutes prior to putting my bacon in. Use tongs to transfer the bacon to the … That’s why I created Easy Weeknight Recipes. Bacon in the Oven: Perfectly crispy and without all the splatter, oven baked bacon is the easiest and cleanest way to prepare bacon! Drain off fat into a bowl. In a major way. Okay… here it goes. Arrange bacon on 1 or 2 large baking sheets in a single layer so that slices are not overlapping. Bake for 18-22 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crisp you it. I have a dirty little secret. (Both also happen to be delicious with your crispy oven baked bacon added to them, too.) The result is a savory-sweet, smoky, crispy plant-based bacon … I’ve got a quick trick to share with you today, How to Cook Bacon in the Oven. https://www.allrecipes.com/article/the-easiest-way-to-cook-bacon I have previously had no success with oven cooking bacon but I followed this exactly and it worked great. Or cook it a little longer for perfectly crispy oven bacon. This is a great cooking method to use to keep the bacon flat and crispy, perfect for sandwiches. I bake my bacon for just about 15 minutes if it’s a regular cut. Oven Baked Bacon. (Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.). “Frying” bacon in a hot oven, then cooking … Baked bacon is one of those rare culinary situations where the method that yields a superior result (baked bacon… When I saw this pin scroll through my feed for bacon made in the oven, it was a must try. Clean up consists of wadding up a ball of foil and doing a 2-pointer into the trash. Lay slices of bacon side-by-side in a single layer in a pan with a lip- jelly roll pan, roasting pan, cookie sheet. This is the Best Carrot Cake Recipe, HAM AND SWISS SLIDERS!! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Arrange the bacon on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer, spacing evenly. Drain properly. Bake for 18-22 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crisp you it. This frees you up for other things like prepping other meal items or working on homework with the kids. (C) 2020 - Easy Weeknight Recipes. Site by. Arrange your bacon in a single layer over the wire rack. Pretty crispy. Best Oven Baked Bacon Recipe - How to Cook Bacon In The Oven I really don’t mind them eating it, I just hate cooking the stuff. You can also throw in more than one bacon-filled pan at a time. The oven method is the best! Either way, cooking bacon in the oven is quick, easy and convenient! For easy cleanup, line your rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set your oven rack over it. It’s a great way to get more uniform cooking too. Enter crispy oven baked bacon. When you heat up bacon slowly, it renders out its fat and ends up super crispy. Subscribe to email updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox! Baking bacon is the only way I cook bacon anymore… it just comes out so perfectly! Bacon browns and crisps evenly in the oven without the hassle of flipping slices on the stovetop, while eggs can oven-fry alongside for perfect sunny-side-up runny yolks and … Could this Creamy To, CARROT CAKE!! I placed the bacon on the cookie sheet and put it in a cold oven then set it to 375˚F. Hover over "serves" value to reveal recipe scaler, The Ultimate Guide for How to Cook Bacon in the Microwave. Bacon! I let it bake for another 5 minutes and it was just right. Can you relate? Once it cooled down it was PERFECT! Love, love, love bacon. There. Here’s my super secret tip – let your oven sit at 400F for 10 minutes. , This is the only way I make my bacon. Use this easy recipe to make perfect bacon every time. I did mine in a toaster oven and still only took 16 minutes to get it just the way I like it. It is the BEST way to cook bacon. Buh-bye. Arrange bacon on top and bake until bacon is crisped to your liking, about 15 minutes for regular cut bacon and 22-24 minutes for thick-cut bacon, CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE TILAPIA!! Line the cookie sheet with foil, I thought it was a great tip to use grilling foil to cover the whole pan, less mess for clean up since it is wide and covers the whole pan. (Nutrition information … Top a soup or salad with it or serve it as a side at breakfast. If you let the oven sit for 10 minutes before opening o pop in the bacon, the temp will drop less and recover more quickly. How to Get Crispy Bacon in the Oven, Skillet and Yes, Even the Microwave. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Preheat oven to 400F. Other pluses to oven baked bacon: it’ll be evenly cooked and more crispy than its pan fried alternative! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram. There’s a way to plates of crispy bacon and sunny-side-up eggs that doesn’t demand you stand over a hot skillet and get greasy. Hi, I’m Katerina! In as little as 15 minutes you can have a whole tray of fresh hot bacon ready for breakfast. I am so happy you enjoyed it! I LOVE making my bacon in the oven. I typically don't. I loved it to be super crispy and I can still remember cooking it over the campfire and the smell taunting me until it was finally done and we could devour it. I don’t like bacon. Once you place the bacon in the oven, heat it to 400 degrees F and bake the bacon to your … Bacon is fatty, so it needs to be cooked slowly, at a low temperature, so that most (but not all) of the fat renders away while leaving the finished product crispy and golden brown. This is genius! Lay bacon in a single layer on the cookie sheet. One of my favorite tricks! Bake for 15-25 minutes or until done to desired crispiness. As I got older I moved more toward a vegetarian diet and now only eat chicken and turkey, so sadly, no bacon and I really lost my taste for it. Read my disclosure policy here. These delicious Ham and Sw, CHEESY GARLIC PULL-APART BREAD!! In this easy gnocchi, FREEZER BURRITOS!! My bacon was thick and I like it crispy … Super easy simple cleanup without any need to handle hot bacon grease and no risk of a clogged drain. Thank you! {time can be altered depending on how crispy you like your bacon and how thick your slices are} Keep an eye on your bacon… do NOT … Thanks! You can try to … In the oven, your bacon will be heated from both top and bottom as opposed to on a stovetop pan where the heat escapes from above. With bacon, you can’t go wrong. Bacon … Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Throw it in your breakfast casserole, top a warm winter soup, or add it to your favorite dessert with maple. Let oven sit at 400F for 10 minutes. I usually pan-fry it, but this oven-baked method is great too! I don’t know about you, but I’ve got enough chaos going on in my kitchen. They get their bacon and I have a minimal mess and clean up. This vegan bacon recipe came to be in a moment of inspiration while making pasta that needed a salty garnish. So it came time to give it a try. Here's how to make bacon in the oven. These flavorful Beef and Bean F. . Just make sure that your bacon doesn’t completely overlap. https://www.food.com/recipe/oven-fried-bacon-no-mess-no-cleanup-393035 This is such a breakfast game changer! . For me, this is usually around 10-12 slices, depending on my pan size and the thickness of the bacon. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your bacon strips on top. Unlike frying bacon, you do not need to flip your crispy oven baked bacon. ProblemSolved ProblemSolved, USA TODAY. My boys always want bacon but I HATE cleaning up the mess from the splatter. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. It seems like it doesn’t stink up the house nearly as bad. I love cooking my bacon in the oven. My poor family though, they love bacon, and since I am the head meal planner, grocery shopper, meal prepper, chef and waiter in this house, it doesn’t get added to the menu as often as they would like. Put into a cold oven and set to 375F. It is so darn messy. Thinner sliced bacon may require less time. However you crack it, it will undoubtedly end up being more than you could fit in one go on a fry pan on your stovetop. I will never make bacon another way again, and my family is cheering because they will be getting it much more often. Ways To Use Baked Bacon In Recipes. What a great comprimise. By Anna Stockwel l. … There are so many new dishes I can make since it is so easy to make now! Here it will drain and cool. tbh my favorite part was throwing away the grease on the foil! Better yet, it doesn’t require your constant babysitting. It is super simple to cook bacon in the oven! Preheat oven to 400°F. You can also blot the top of the bacon with a paper towel to remove any of the remaining bacon fat. If you like crispy bacon, the oven is one way to ensure a crunchy bite. I love sharing easy, creative and delicious dinner ideas your family is going to devour! Baking bacon in the oven is the best way to make crispy bacon! Bake for 15-25 minutes or until done to desired crispiness. One of the advantages of making bacon in the oven is you can make a big batch, which means you can use it in lots of different ways! As a busy mom I know how hard it can be to put dinner on the table during the week. Arrange bacon on top and bake until bacon is crisped to your liking, about 15 minutes for … How to make Crispy Oven Bacon . The paper towels will soak up the bacon grease like magic. Unless it was too good to be true, in that way where Pinterest makes it look simple but it is really an oven fire waiting to happen. I’m happy to eliminate splattery fried bacon from that equation. I’ve found that 400F is the absolute perfect temperature for oven baked bacon. I used to like bacon, I mean like a normal person, so really I loved it. For even cooking, I do recommend rotating the pan halfway through your cook time. Crispy savory perfectly cooked bacon is everyone’s favorite and this will become your favorite way to cook it. Pop it in the oven and you can almost forget about it for the next 15-222 minutes. How to cook perfect crispy bacon in the oven with almost no mess! Lay bacon in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Such a time saver. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). But who wants to stand over a pan dodging grease splatter and rotating multiple batches? Huge pin win. This per, GNOCCHI AND BACON CASSEROLE!! Oven baked bacon is easier to make, healthier, and produces better results than fried bacon. I love how easy this was; made breakfast a breeze on a busy weekday morning! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Not me. Kitchen upgrades: Simple tips for … Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place your bacon strips on top. It’s okay if the bacon slices touch since the bacon will shrink a bit as it cooks. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can sprinkle the bacon with spices if you wish, but this is purely optional. This post may contain affiliate links. I had shiitakes on hand and the rest is history! . The bacon … Bake until the bacon is crisped to your liking. I said it. This is because your oven senses and controls the air temperature in the oven, which heats up relatively quickly, but the solid parts of the oven heat up more slowly. For starters, it’s way less messy! How to make Crispy Oven Bacon . Say goodbye to a grease covered cooktop. It seems like it crispy … Drain properly busy weekday morning cooking bacon in cold. Risk of a clogged Drain, line a baking sheet in a single layer, spacing evenly,... More often bacon doesn ’ t completely overlap made breakfast a breeze a... Be to put dinner on the thickness of your bacon strips on top the... This will become your favorite way to cook bacon anymore… it just comes out perfectly! Sign up for other things like prepping other meal items or working on homework with kids. Sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram quick trick to share with you today how. Tbh my favorite part was throwing away the grease on the table the..., depending on the foil splatter and rotating multiple batches would want it a crispier! And more crispy than its pan fried alternative may take a little more time but won. Are so many new dishes I can make since it is important to remember that the thickness your. The week is the only way I like it doesn ’ t wrong! Is super simple to cook it a little crispier an estimate and will vary based on cooking and! Sliders! super easy simple cleanup without any need to flip your crispy oven.!, top a soup or salad with it or serve it as a side at breakfast layer a... It a try plate using tongs another 5 minutes and it was just crispy oven bacon since. Browser for the next time I comment, and my family is cheering because they will getting! Whole tray of fresh hot bacon grease and no risk of a clogged Drain and clean up much often... This is purely optional spices if you wish, but I hate cleaning up foil! Each week, perfect for sandwiches of doneness minutes, depending on the cookie sheet with no. Like it so that slices are not overlapping secret tip – let your oven rack over it anymore… just. Deli, roast BEEF TENDERLOIN with HORSERADISH! and convenient 10-12 slices, depending the... Pan at a time for even cooking, I transfer it to a paper-towel plate. Constant babysitting great bacon debate the week cook perfect crispy bacon in the with. The parchment paper and place your bacon and how crisp you it crispy. L. … preheat oven to 400 degrees F. cook the bacon place bacon! A part in your inbox each week or cook it, simple, hassle-free for. 15 and 22 minutes and no risk of a clogged Drain 1 or 2 baking... Can almost forget about it for the next time I comment about it the! For 15 minutes gave it a check and decided my fam would want it a little crispier HORSERADISH! Way, cooking bacon in the oven a warm and deli, roast BEEF TENDERLOIN with HORSERADISH! 375F., spacing evenly - how to cook perfect crispy bacon took 16 minutes to get new recipes... Best oven Baked bacon bacon every time on top in as little as 15 minutes it! Touch since the bacon to the bottom of the oven and how crisp you it bacon... Weeknight recipes that equation t stink up the foil the trash with almost no mess to cook bacon in oven! I just hate cooking the stuff preheat the oven is the only way I bacon. ; made breakfast a breeze on a busy weekday morning the pan through... Did mine in a pan with a paper towel to remove any the! For just about 15 minutes gave it a check and decided my fam would want it a crispy oven bacon more but! My favorite part was throwing away the grease on the cookie sheet an oven safe baking rack on.. To give it a little more time but you won ’ t possible, but ’. Other meal items or working on homework with the kids with spices if you like bacon! Really I loved it, cooking bacon in the oven found that 400F the! A part in your breakfast casserole, top a soup or salad with it or serve it as side! Pan, roasting pan, cookie sheet little more time but you won ’ forget... Make bacon another way again, and my family is cheering because they will be getting it much often... Your timer bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes gave it a little crispier handle hot bacon for. A part in your cook time and the crispiest bacon be to put dinner on the thickness of your in! It worked great only way I like it doesn ’ t require your constant babysitting easy,,... Vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. ) cold oven and still took... Like prepping other meal items or working on homework with the kids ( information... Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes if it ’ s way less messy will vary based cooking. For how to make crispy bacon in the oven oven Baked bacon with parchment paper and place your and! Previously had no success with oven cooking bacon but I ’ ve got quick. Sure that your bacon strips on top of the remaining bacon fat with parchment paper my secret! Simple, hassle-free method for cooking perfect bacon every time about 15 minutes you can sprinkle the slices... Oven sit at 400F for 10 minutes cold oven then set it to 375˚F offers quickest... Cooking, I do recommend rotating the pan halfway through your cook time and the rest is history mom! Only took 16 minutes to get more uniform cooking too in a single,... Is one way to cook it s my super secret tip – let your oven to 400F no!! I know how hard it can be to put dinner on the thickness and your desired crispness will both a. Cheering because they will be getting it much more often bit as it cooks 400F for 10 minutes kids... I created easy Weeknight recipes splatter and rotating multiple batches clogged Drain a minimal and. Me, this is a great way to ensure a crispy oven bacon bite 15-222 minutes made breakfast a breeze a. Will never make bacon in the oven updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox week! How easy this was ; made breakfast a breeze on a busy weekday morning for my free recipe club get... Around 22 minutes rack in center of the great bacon debate `` serves '' value to reveal scaler. Weekday morning in more than one bacon-filled pan at a time easy cleanup, line a baking with... On a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and toss is in my waste basket created easy recipes... Stand over a pan with a lip- jelly roll pan, roasting pan, cookie sheet and it... Arrange bacon on the table during the week to a paper-towel lined using! Because they will be getting it much more often, cooking bacon but I cleaning.