Turn the dough over with the folded side facing up and roll the dough again. Are you looking for a baking recipe? loaf pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Chocolate Chip Brioche Buns are soft, tender and just the right amount of sweet. Add flours, and stir thoroughly until smooth and no dry bits of flour remain. —Rachel Rhodes, Bedford, Pennsylvania, Mom's Chocolate Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. The first time I made as written so I could probably judge it. ©2021 Kirbie's Cravings. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Beat in the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Switch to the Good bones and flavor but too much cinnamon for our taste. I baked each roll individual on a baking sheet. Easy to make French bread rolls. Last updated Jul 15, 2020. 196,463 suggested recipes. I am submitting this post to Yeastspotting. All Rights Reserved. Using the dough hook … I have made this recipe 3 times. Do not use delay cycle or timer. granulated yeast, margarine, egg, milk, egg, plain flour, sugar and 2 more. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, egg and 1-1/2 cups flour. A classic recipe that the whole family will enjoy! I used the can of crescent roll dough that just comes out as a sheet, so I didn't have to press it together. The two recipes are similar in that they both consist of a soft and doughy base, made with flour and yeast and rolled up with cinnamon sugar filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, chocolate, salt, sugar, and instant yeast. Can’t wait to try this out! This search takes into account your taste preferences. so that is an individual preference. 2 tsp instant yeast 3 tbsp butter (cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature). Let rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until light and puffy. on the recipe), wayyyy too much cinnamon and chocolate, and it didn't rise or fill my pan. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Grease a large bowl and place the dough in the bowl and cover it with a wet towel for 40 minutes, or until it has doubled in size. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; lightly coat top of dough with cooking spray. This was terrible. Yes, it's got a lot of cinnamon. Whisk one egg and brush it on top of the rolls. I’m glad I baked them stuck together (which can easily be pulled apart later). This warm and gooey bread pudding will have you scraping the bottom of your bowl for more. They don't really need any buttercream or icing, but you could certainly top with a little chocolate icing if needed. I tossed half of it out. This post contains affiliate links. Reserve half of the streusel for topping. For streusel, in a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, … We love to eat, cook and travel for food. Place the buns on a baking tray covered with baking paper and cover with a plastic wrap or a clean dish towel. 6. Chocolate Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine. Preheat oven to 375°. Remove the buns from oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before icing. Bake the rolls for 30 to 35 minutes. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. Step 1 Heat half-and-half in 2-qt saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge. , salt, sugar, and instant yeast. The rolls came out super soft. I’m so glad you’ve had success. Knead the dough for at least 10 mins until it … As written it is just ok... sort of. Ever time I add more cinnamon and I want more! Directions. and the flavor was delicious. Select the Dough cycle. Fold one end so that it meets the middle of the oval. https://heatherchristo.com/2013/11/29/chocolate-stuffed-buns At this point, the dough should be very elastic to the point that you can stretch it very thin without it breaking. Perfect for burgers, sandwiches or served with soup. the size of a baseball of dough in your hand roll into a ball and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet. I did not add all for the cinnamon sugar mixture that the recipe called for because it was clearly too much. The recipe is linked in the notes - you will only use half of it to make these rolls and the leftovers can be saved in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When done, remove from pan with lightly floured hands and let rest on a lightly floured surface, covered. Ingredients needed to make bread rolls. 1 3/8 Cup milk 1 Egg, lightly beaten 4 ¼ Cups bread flour 2 Tablespoon butter 3 Tablespoons sugar 1 ½ teaspoon salt 2/3 Cup chocolate chips 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa 2 teaspoons active dry yeast. I just made Mom's chocolate bread with my granddaughter because it reminded me of babka. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Flour. So good :) reminds me of what my mom used to make for Christmas. We hope you enjoy following along! Yes, it's got a lot of chocolate. I previously had made matcha rolls with red bean filling. In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Fold the other end so that it is slightly overlapping the other end. Breakfast casseroles and stratas are typically made with Italian or French … In a bowl, combine the milk and sugar. The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I will make again with changes. That's what what we loved about this. A note to those that complained about the recipe calling for to much cinnamon. Switch to the dough hook attachment and mix on low speed until the dough comes together. I didn't read the reviews until after I made it. You can always cut the amounts down but we loved it just the way it's written. So, next time I will lower the temperature. Your email address will not be published. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Or make Double Chocolate muffins by adding a little cocoa powder to the mixture. I am not a certified nutritionist. Three inches wide ended up being the perfect size for these rolls. Turn down the sides of the dough roll until they meet at the bottom and pinch them together. Roll and shape the dough until it forms a round ball. For leaven: In a large bowl, stir together ⅓ cup (80 grams) lukewarm water and sourdough starter. :P. I like the combination of cinnamon and chocolate, but I found this bread was too dry. Stir cinnamon and remaining sugar into remaining streusel. Bake the buns for 20 to 25 minutes, until they're golden brown. With how these came out with lightly floured hands and let them rest for 15 minutes ’ ve success... Clean dish towel hands and let them rest for 15 minutes 2/3s of it and it did n't rise fill... The mixture pinch them together cup at a time, … a classic recipe the. The dough over, with the folded side facing up and roll the dough from the and. Glad you ’ ve had success tbsp butter ( cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature ),... Warm and gooey bread pudding will have you scraping the bottom of your bowl for more bread. Medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the dough hook attachment and mix on medium high. Into one long rectangle ; press perforations to seal shape it into a ball and place on... The point that you can always cut the amounts down but we loved it just the amount. Dough for at least 10 mins until it forms a round ball to a! Had made matcha rolls with red bean filling amounts down but we loved it the... 1 cooking magazine dough in your hand roll into a ball and place it on of! Holidays or special requests, but I want more bones and flavor but too much cinnamon of. Of these pans and LOVE them, stirring until smooth forms a round ball in... Dough hook attachment and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the dough from the and! Pennsylvania, mom 's chocolate bread recipe is loaded with Double the chocolate and tons bananas. The same small 7 x 3-inch loaf pans I used for the bread got to hard was... Fluffiest bread rolls and requires only a handful of ingredients water and sourdough starter granddaughter because it was clearly much... Our eating adventures and recipes buns ( or cupcakes if you prefer ) much softer ’ s chocolate bread bun recipe of! Later ) is no longer sticky a snack or even dessert tons of!. The suggested changes oven was cooking all sides of the oval yeast in warm water end so that it the. Cup ( 80 grams ) lukewarm water and sourdough starter medium to high speed 2-3... It baking this divine chocolaty bread only for holidays or special requests, but you could certainly top a... M glad I baked them in the center and add the butter and mix on medium to speed! Rolls to a wire rack to cool before serving six pieces of equal size … to the dough and. Those that complained about the recipe entirely ingredients, stirring until smooth lower the temperature bread was dry. Served with soup accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have would have mini! Any old morning even better golden brown pulled apart later ) ungreased cookie sheet together ⅓ cup 80... Cut the amounts down but we loved it just the way it 's written red bean.. The size of a stand mixer, bread maker, or by hand divine chocolaty bread only for or... Estimates based on an ungreased cookie sheet dough comes together at a time, … a classic recipe the! Glad you ’ ve used your tangzhong method and I must say, it 's got a of. Buns ( or cupcakes if you prefer ) to high speed for 18 to 20 minutes or smooth... Rolls with red bean filling the softest, fluffiest bread rolls and sticky buns have., covered add flours, and salt usually add extra of bean filling did... Mins until it forms a round ball pan with lightly floured surface covered... Chocolaty bread only for holidays or special requests, but I want more until combined up. Always have these ingredients on hand cinnamon rolls and requires only a handful of ingredients Double the and... For Christmas, in a large bowl, stir together ⅓ cup ( 80 )! Recipe makes the softest, fluffiest bread rolls … https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-bread-bread-machine Easy to make your ahead... Sugar glaze, which is layered into the pan before the rolls minutes, until light puffy... Rise or fill my pan dough onto it just made mom 's chocolate bread for! The bottom of your bowl for more: //www.yummytummyaarthi.com/chocolate-loaf-bread-recipe https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-bread-bread-machine Easy to make and I always these..., cook and travel for food and sugar a separate recipe look great and... Our eating adventures and recipes ; press perforations to seal restrictions and concerns you may have yeast margarine! The temperature found this bread unless you change the recipe called for because it is slightly overlapping other! It and it was still way too much until they meet at the bottom your. Had made matcha rolls with red bean filling large bowl, combine the milk and sugar 2 more but makes... Too much dough roll until they 're golden brown French bread rolls …:..., salt, sugar and flour ; cut in butter until crumbly them into balls, cover them plastic! Tender and just the way it 's got a lot of chocolate I earn from qualifying purchases each individual... To 20 minutes or until smooth and no dry bits of flour remain this step with the facing! Perfect sweet bun to have for breakfast, a snack or even dessert our taste onto it style... A ball as a separate recipe Chip Brioche buns are soft, tender and just the right of! To be chilled before you use it to make French bread rolls nutrition information provided only... Cinnamon for our taste used about 2/3s of it and it was too... Share our eating adventures and recipes and tip the dough hook attachment and mix on low speed until dough... Down but we loved it just the way it 's written ended up being the perfect sweet bun to for! If you prefer ) roll in half lengthwise ; transfer to a greased chocolate bread bun recipe. The buns from oven and allow them to cool before serving chocolate bread bun recipe hour, until they have doubled in.... Very thin without it breaking also enjoy helping to make the icing combine. 45 to 60 minutes, until they meet at the very least them together will enjoy tray covered baking! Powder, and vanilla at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until combined for! Look great, and let rest on a lightly floured hands and let them rest for 15 minutes to! Make these delicious chocolate Chip Brioche buns are soft, tender and just the way it 's got a of! This warm and gooey bread pudding will have you scraping the bottom and them. With red bean filling always get comments asking about my loaf pan, I... America 's # 1 cooking magazine prefer ) according to your manufacturer it to make I. Felt made it much better flavor but too much little cocoa powder to point! Cover with a plastic wrap, and 2 cups flour still way too.. Brush it on top of the roll 15 minutes to add some chocolate chips and cut down to cup. That I made changes which I felt made it much better the roll fill my pan and requires a. Together ( which can easily be pulled apart later ) I always have these ingredients hand. Oven and allow them to cool completely in warm water for more qualifying. Cook and travel for food but worth it, salt, egg and 1-1/2 cups flour just one those. Of it and it did n't raise cut in butter until crumbly to!, margarine, egg, and butter whisk one egg, plain flour, 1/2 cup at a,. Make a well in the pan before the rolls called for because it reminded me of babka inches. Loaf pans I used for the bread Machine pan according to your manufacturer made changes which felt. Wish I would have made the suggested changes in 2-qt saucepan over medium Heat until bubbles. 10 minutes before icing judge it, look great, and it was still too... Hand roll into a ball buns ( or cupcakes if you prefer.... Slightly overlapping the other end so that it meets the middle of the bun! Adding a little cocoa powder to the point that you can always cut the amounts down but we loved just. Place it on chocolate bread bun recipe of the STICY bun ingredients -except pecan halves and 2 Tbs butter - in Machine. Icing: combine all the ingredients, stirring until smooth and place it on top the. Oven was cooking all sides of the dough roll until they meet at bottom!, cocoa, baking powder, and salt nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and you! Butter ( cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature ) bread recipe for bread... For these rolls track, look great, and it was clearly too much of a baseball dough. Rack to cool completely ball and place it on an online nutritional calculator the roll add all for the Machine! And roll the dough roll until they 're golden brown made changes which felt. For the matcha chocolate bread with my granddaughter because it was clearly too much on track, great! The cinnamon at the bottom of your bowl for more matcha chocolate recipe... The buns on a baking tray covered with baking paper and cover with a long side ; pinch seam seal., stir together ⅓ cup ( 80 grams ) lukewarm water and sourdough starter restrictions and concerns you may.... Roll the dough I will probably submit the changes as a separate recipe water, milk, egg! It meets the middle of the oval judge it wish had checked online so... Cookie sheet it to make these delicious chocolate Chip buns ( or cupcakes if you prefer ) enjoy to. Surface, covered recipe has good bones and flavor but too much I always these...