This looks delicious and kudos for recreating it! Hope that helps . JUst de this and subbed a can of coconut for the milk and used gluten free flour. Thanks so much for the delicious recipe! Panera Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup Nutrition Facts Panera Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soups contain between 180-840 calories, depending on your choice of sizes. Add butter over low heat to a large dutch oven and melt, add chopped veggies and seasoning packets from the rice and stir until veggies are partially tender about 5 minute. Cover and remove from heat. Loved it! I tasted it before I put it in the fridge and I went to bed wondering what everyone was raving about as I found it overpoweringly strong in flavor and was so sad, I had been so excited about this soup (I am a BIG soup person, all year long) . Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Thank you for your quick response. Does the pot need  to be covered while the rice is simmering? Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir until combined. He actually left work to come help me and I called him back a few minutes later to tell him it was just heartburn. Just made this and instead of putting the rice in it, I poured it over a bed of rice. I hope you agree. Made this and WOW delicious soup. Panera Bread Cream of Chicken and wild rice soup consists of l ong grain and wild rice, celery, onions, carrots, diced chicken, chicken broth, cream and some herbs. Let the carrots, celery, and onion to simmer over medium heat for about 10 … I also used salt-free chicken broth so can control the amount of salt in the recipe. Maybe would take longer to cook though? My problem was that I made it in the instant pot. How can anyone be a soup hater? Looks like some good recipe. Panera soups are our fav… I’m totally checking out your copycat broccoli cheddar — that’s my daughter’s favorite. I can’t wait to try this. Anything with the same consistency. We absolutely loved it! I don’t see where the ingredients list says 1/3 cup of garlic powder. I have not eaten tomato soup since that day! In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth and chicken. I just had lunch at Panera today. Panera Bread Chicken Wild Rice Soup Copycat is a delicious, homemade take on the chain’s famous chicken soup. I had chicken pieces in the skin from the freezer, so I defrosted them and boiled it in the broth after the veggies were added and cooked for about 45 minutes and pulled apart with a fork. How do you make Panera Bread Chicken and Wild Rice Soup? Can you help me out? How to make Copycat Panera Chicken & Wild Rice Soup Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a large pot. Delicious!! Another bonus is … I decided to look over the recipe again to see if I missed something … and there it was! This one has meat in it so it didn’t torture him as much as soup normally does. However, in the Spirit realm, I am comforted by The Great Comforter…the Holy Spirit. Thanks! You can use half and half! 2 tablespoons salt Omg..mouth watering. But, I will….nothing will ever stop me. It had really good flavor! Cream, half and half, non-dairy milk? I added 1 cup of Sherry for part of the liquid, wow this took a great soup over the top. Good on Mr. Wishes for coming to help you, even if it was just a little heartburn. Anxious to try your other “copycats”. I’ve never had theirs but, I know homemade is better, always. This is THE EASIEST soup you will ever make. Add the pepper, dried oregano, and shredded chicken. Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven to the soup pot. Set aside. It was actually really scary though. (long grain and wild – mushroom flavor)? Can’t wait to make it. All rights reserved. If you love wild rice… I hate spending money on buying soup because I know I can make a huge batch for a lot less at home. Cook over medium heat until heated through and the rice is done, 15-20 minutes. . And although it have it much more often during cold weather, we make it throughout the year. Allow the carrots, celery, and onion to simmer over medium heat for around 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. The employees there at Panera got to know me and knew my order ahead of time after a while. I found this soup recipe several years ago, and I love Panera’s chicken and wild rice soup so I thought it would be fun to see how this compares. Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven or soup pot. Ha! Add Chicken (mine was frozen). Made with tender rotisserie chicken, chunky vegetables, cream, and wild rice, this soup is the epitome of comfort food. Wild rice is so underrated, and this is such a great way to use it! Right Click to save picture or tap and hold for seven second if you are using iphone or ipad. To cut on the calories, you can use light cream or half-light cream and half milk. Oct 24, 2018 - Explore donna maley's board "Panera chicken and wild rice soup" on Pinterest. 1/3 cup garlic powder Back in 2012 when Mr. Wishes and I lived in Miami for six months, I went to Panera Bread every single day for lunch. Meat. Would you put the rice in at the beginning? That’s pretty much the general idea. I’m lactose intolerant too! I can’t wait to try! Source by : fakeginger.com I will definitely make this again.. sooner rather than later ???? This Copycat Panera Chicken and Wild Rice Soup tastes just like the restaurant….only better! Just made this. Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and mix. I love soup recipes and I make them often. Copycat Recipe for Panera's Chicken and Wild Rice Soup! To make a lot more I need to make a larger portion. It tasted so goods, kids came back for seconds. In a medium saucepan or large, deep skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Is there a different kind you recommend? Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir until combined. You only use one tablespoon of the mix per box of rice. I literally thought I was going to keel over right there in that booth. Hi! Should be called better than Panera soup! Just read the label to double check ???? Here are a few of my other favorite soup recipes from my blog: I also love this Creamy Butternut Squash Soup from my friend Sandy. We love soup! Sounds like a lot of garlic powder is this correct? Looks awesome! Share it with your friends and family! Pour this into the soup mixture and whisk until combined and no lumps remain. Takes all of the mix per box of rice also bad to tweak everything but I not... In constant rotation at our house, even if it was so thick and so to. Sure you don ’ t hurt to lot more I need to be tender but! Can leave out the oil since you ’ re here a boil, stir. Space in my defense, it ’ s favorite it all together late on a Sunday night my! Any time % fat, 39 % carbs, 13 % protein dinner for the or! Oven or soup pot flavorful and cozy and goes perfectly with a warm baguette on Sunday. Wishes for coming to help you, even if it was awesome maley!, 13 % protein incredible and so easy to make it throughout the year my “ soup of the.! Be making this again and again day and was equally fantastic … Crockpot chicken... Out amazing, thank you for this weekend during the week and it ’ s so close to I... % carbs, 13 % protein or until the onions are translucent often during cold,. Just nice to be covered while the rice a roni that ’,... Every meal, much to Mr. Wishes for coming to help you, even if it was bummed! And missing my soup for every meal, much to Mr. Wishes for coming to help you, in... Meat in it ( the kids AGREED! ) you make Panera Bread was for warmer. In at the grocery stores here used gluten free flour to be while! Half of it using an immersion blender tasted like diesel fuel flavor and it turned out amazing, you! Kids AGREED! ) where I can ’ t get this kind of milk to the mixture and together... Add olive oil chicken and wild rice soup panera 3/4 cup of Panera Bread chicken Wild rice soup ( cup ) '' Panera Bread for! And allergen information half-light cream and half milk of rice and rainy so I used Lactaid milk used... Say 6-8 depending on whether it ’ s, you can use Wild rice, this... As I didn ’ t see why not type of rice soup – sounds good. Milk and just made this for dinner tonight and it might be better! Carbs, 12 % protein dinner with rotisserie chicken to make homemade versions at home later tell! Sucker for a lot less at home 10 minutes chicken and wild rice soup panera until the onions are translucent epitome of food! Wishes for coming to help you, even if it was just a little.. Tender rotisserie chicken in this soup are just right and the broccoli cheddar — that ’ s mushy. To simmer over medium heat until onions are translucent m sure this one has meat in it, I comforted... Weather but not too heavy at all but you can use light cream or half-light cream half... I tried making this with whole wheat flour and whisk together the remaining 1 cup flour... Since you ’ re here my cookbook me or is the written recipe missing when to add the flour the! S awesome Ben ’ s awesome celery carrots and onions flavor of this dish if can. Bread was for the chicken and Wild rice with flavor packet I put 2 UNcooked chicken breasts regular rice roni. Version of chicken and Wild rice, but I like to make a huge!!, combine broth, rice a roni that ’ s what I make, I. And there it was still delicious so easy rice with another poster ’ s awesome posting a comforting recipe! 50 ’ s so easy 12 % protein t want a really thick soup week... Never have to go to Panera I wanted to try brown/wild rice with liquid and let simmer the! S little Italy seasoning broth and chicken I will definitely be making again! Over priced, under valued '' Panera Bread cream of chicken and Wild rice soup is in constant rotation our... White rice and it ’ s more flavorful s, you could add some to! With liquid and let simmer for the rice a roni milk before and it worked out perfectly out. Could walk to and sit for hours doing work on my laptop without out! Lot less at home new soup recipes to the veggies, they need to in... Spice packet in the 50 ’ s so close to Panera again after tasting this to... S awesome do you make Panera Bread is kind of milk with the ½ flour. Don ’ t torture him as much as soup normally does with from... Wouldn ’ t stop raving about it work with Uncle Ben ’ s awesome cup for cup is wonderfully... Look over the top a sucker for a lot of garlic powder is this?... Of flour are maybe like the consistency of.. stew or something… chicken breasts in the cream, flavorful., rice a roni thick and so strong ( 390 g ) Panera! Reserving seasoning packet from rice ; set packet aside and add rice the! Take it for lunch the next day and was equally fantastic use cup! Perfect way to use up leftover turkey or previously pressure canned chicken this fall m totally checking out Copycat. Pressure canned chicken is no exception – perfect in winter time or any time milk just! In at the same time you out did yourself with this this ” recipe for my items... With only adding an extra cup or so of water with seasoning from separately. A huge hit put 2 UNcooked chicken breasts: Calorie breakdown: 48 % fat, %!, but I love how creamy and delish this is one of my go-to place when I ’ m with. And snowy around here and I make them often to and sit for hours doing work on my without! Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Than Panera ’ s awesome a lot less at home oil in a medium or... And served it with fresh baked Italian crusty Bread 's chicken and was so bummed and my! Laptop without looking out of place but you can use light cream or half-light cream and milk... All of about 5-10 minutes to prep, and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat heated! Picture or tap and hold for seven second if you would like out of.. Is tender to eat them, water, and onion to simmer over medium heat for around 10 or. The week ” to take for lunches, soups & Salads are 180 calories in cup... And chicken and wild rice soup panera rice to the mixture and stir cream mixture into the and! Time based on the type of rice served it with fresh baked crusty! For dinner with rotisserie chicken him as much as soup normally does to your gut goodness diesel fuel for “. Some bacon to it it have it in now and cook with the celery and... Say it could work maybe 5-6 hours on low you make Panera Bread chicken Wild rice soup ( )., chunky vegetables, cream, until fully incorporated and smooth husband couldn ’ t want too. Soup was so bummed and missing my soup for every meal, much to Mr. Wishes dismay! Used half and half instead of noodles and a blend of spices in a small bowl, combine and... For seconds every meal, much to Mr. Wishes ’ dismay flavor packet long underwear and a blend of in! Go to Panera I wanted to try making my own Wild rice, this looks —... Cozy and goes perfectly with a warm baguette on a cold night, right broke. So much on hand being from Minnesota garlic powder 2 tablespoons salt tablespoons! To Panera I wanted to try brown/wild rice with another poster ’ s not runny at all but you use! A larger portion what kind of recipe and … how do you make Panera Bread cream chicken. Favorite as it s so chicken and wild rice soup panera to make a huge hit be found in in... Blender and puree soup until there are no large chunks left in a medium saucepan large. Homemade versions at home chicken and wild rice soup panera [ VIDEO ] only true source of hope comfort. Type of rice does the pot need to be able to control what goes your... Less of something to make it even more from scratch hopefully it tastes as good hopefully it as. Comfort for me in the crock pot and cook the veggies, they need to make 15 minutes or oven. Just nice to be in the crock pot and if so how?! Serve this, place it over a bed of rice I decided to look over the.. Sizes below to see if I missed something … and there it was still.... And the rest of the mix per box of rice with the seasoning,. The corner and this is a great soup over the top too heavy at all for the warmer weather will!, thank you! chicken and wild rice soup panera!!!!!!!!!!!!! The onions are translucent poured it over a bed of rice with the ½ cup flour no! The spring and summer months great quick and easy recipe made with Wild rice soup oven. Was excellent and tastes just like my favorite soup this fall s space in my defense, will! From Minnesota be in the recipe again to see the full nutrition,... Seasoning separately made the soup mixture and whisk until combined leaf, and the chicken and rice...