She is a fantastic girl to have as a companion! Belle Rouge Aussies was born when I fell in love with the Australian Shepherd breed. Although it’s possible to have different colored eyes as seen in many other Aussies, it’s not common. General Appearance: The Australian Shepherd is an intelligent working dog of strong herding and guarding instincts.He is a loyal companion and has the stamina to work all day. Blue eyes in solid colored Aussies (solid body color) is a somewhat recessive trait, but it isn't a simple recessive. Humans can also have one blue eye and another of a different color, like brown or green. It's more common to have blue eyed pups in solid or merle if one of the parents has them though. A lot of Aussies will have heterochromatic eyes, meaning they have two different colored eyes. Cataracts and distichiasis are the most common eye diseases in Aussies. Generally, cataracts are first detected during a routine eye exam on a mature adult, but they can arise in young adulthood or in old age. See 10 member reviews and photos. She is a red merle, with amber colored eyes. Other Australian shepherd colors accepted under the AKC breed standard include; black Australian shepherd, red Australian shepherd, and white Australian shepherd. TOY AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD PUPPIES MOLLY'S TOY AUSSIE LITTER: This litter should be approximately 11-13 inches tall and 12-22 pounds. Congrats Mark & Lisa of Durango. All puppies are sold with registration paperwork that is provided to every buyer at time of sale. Is This Image Of Eye Colour Inheritance Accurate Skeptics. The Aussie pro, otherwise known as Jimmy or Wheels, made his debut at the Tour Down Under (now replaced by Santos Fesitival of Cycling due to COVID restrictions) back in 2019. AKC is American Kennel Club & began registering PUREBRED dogs in 1878. *Orders for Cherrybrook products placed after 12/4 are not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas. Located in the captivating Texas hill country, an easy drive southwest of San Antonio, Texas. However, eye defects are certainly not limited to them, so dogs of all colors should be screened yearly. Eye Color: 1 blue, 1 brown. Progressive Retinal Atrophy diseases result in the retina slowly failing to function at all, leading to blindness. Merled eyes occur, as well, where one color is mixed in and swirled with another. In this article, we will be focusing on the Tri Color Australian Shepherd, an absolutely stunning variation of the energetic purebred! $ 69.99 Qty. Everyone has to put their eye color on their driver's license. MALE #2 Blue Merle. A normal lens allows light to pass through it to the Retina in the back of the eye. Fun Fact: This coloration gave them the nickname "The Ghost eye dog" by Native Americans. In sectoral heterochromia, the dog's eye contains one color that is a completely different color from the remainder of the eye. This lining absorbs, reflects and processes light. The blue merle Australian Shepherd is one … Aussie Total Miracle Collection 7 N 1 Dry Shampoo: rated 3 out of 5 on MakeupAlley. For instance, those with coat color as blue merle or black will have a black-colored nose, while a breed whose coat color is red or red merle will have a red-colored nose. Discover (and save!) In addition to altering base coat color, merle also modifies eye color and coloring on the nose and paw pads. Below is a description of your puppy. Disease progression varies. Add to Cart *Orders for Jacqueline's Originals items placed after 12/5 are not guaranteed to arrive before Christmas *Please select correct color from drop down menu. It occurs more in some lines than others, and I've seen it skip generations. She has a unique eye color, one being blue and the other green! your own Pins on Pinterest Please scroll down to view the pups in this litter. Eye colour starts to change in baby’s first six months, says Kirsten North, an optometrist in Ottawa. Comments for Eye Color Changes In Australian Shepherd Puppy. It’s a week I’ll never forget,” said Whelan. To breed red Australian Shepherd puppies, they must receive the recessive red gene from both parents. One of the best things about the Aussie is the color combination of their eyes. 360 AUSSIES. Baby eye colour progression. Progression in the Changes on the Eye Color of the Baby. His or her eye color will gradually take on a different shade based on genetic inheritance. Aussies Eye Color Eyes Snow Eyeshadows. The moment your baby reaches 6 months old, the eye color will begin to change. Black Australian Shepherd Eye Color. 3. But be patient! The merle gene modifies the dark pigment in the eyes, occasionally changing dark eyes to blue, or part of the eye to be colored blue. Because it takes about a year for melanocytes to finish their work it can be a dicey business calling eye color before the baby’s first birthday. A blue merle Australian Shepherd is a term used to describe a specific coat color of the Australian Shepherd breed. Hereditary cataracts (Australian shepherd type) is an inherited eye disease affecting dogs. We stand in producing well-bred Australian Shepherd puppies. The Australian Shepherd is one of a few dog breeds that commonly have two different colored eyes, called heterochromia. Log in. Why we like it. We invite you to learn more about our program and the Aussie breed by browsing our site. Official Standard of the Australian Shepherd. At birth, the eye color of babies is light because they don’t have active melanin that will enable it to darken the cells. The eye colour begins to change (if it is going to) by the time the puppy is three to four weeks old, at which point you may begin to see the first traces of flecks of brown or other colours, and the development of a ring of colour around the inner and outer edges of the iris. They have many characteristics that make them appealing to dog lovers, such as their high intelligence and limitless energy, on top of their wonderful coats. FEMALE #1 Red TRi. your own Pins on Pinterest “It was so special to race in front of my family at my first WorldTour race. I have a one year old Australian Shepherd. This is a partial catalog of eye defects readily observed without ophthalmic instruments. Blue eyes in Aussies: Having blue-eyes does not mean a dog is blind. Australian Shepherd Embroidered Mens Fleece Vest A cozy way to show off your breed love . Aussie Deep Treatment 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor: rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley. Aussies might have … They have a merle gene that can change their eye color to either pale blue or odd-colored eyes. Oct 17, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by keely field. Explore. The most famous of the Australian Shepherd color combination is the blue merle. She is also very happy and affectionate. Pamela Moreno meet our aussies. However, most black Australian Shepherds, regardless of color markings, have two brown colored eyes. Aussie eyes may be any shade of brown or blue; they may have two different colored eyes, or even have bicolored or "split eyes" (for example, a half-brown, half-blue eye), which appear to be linked to the merle coloration. Congrats Emma of New Mexico. … The Australian Shepherd is already a very popular breed with many devoted fans.. Blue eyes or partially blue eyes can occur in any color dog. Owner: Charlene Johnson 360 AUSSIES . will be a Total of $3000 regardless of sex, eye color, and coat color. Today. TEDDY. Aussie Eye Color and Eyeshine. Click here to add your own comments. by Ann This is my puppy Sterling he's a blue merle male 5 weeks now and I was told by the breeder he has double blue eyes. Add to Cart *Embroidered items are made to order and typically take 7-10 business day to ship. PRA is the term used to described a collection of diseases that degenerate the lining at the back of the eye, known as the retina. $ 24.99 Qty. Sometimes blue merle Australian shepherds have been known to have patches of brown on their hind legs and back. Updated on all vaccinations and will go home with a 1-year health guarantee! An Australian shepherd has different types of eyes like white-colored eyes, split or bicolored, and it might also have two different-colored eyes. Cataracts in very young Aussie puppies are extremely unusual and generally due to a non-heritable cause. She has very good situational awareness, great watch dog. “I’d say by nine to 12 months, for the majority of babies this colour is locked in. Australian Shepherd Puppies Lady is a tri-colored, female standard Australian Shepherd. There are some eye defects that occur in frequently enough in Aussies that opthalmic screening of breeding stock is a necessity. Australian Shepherd eyes can range from pale blue, to chocolate brown, and any range of color in between. Eye Color: Amber. Cataracts are opacities in the lens of the eye caused by structural changes in lens proteins. Why we like it. Eye Color Changes In Australian Shepherd Puppy. Aussie eyes have been seen that are golden, lemon yellow, amber, light brown, dark brown, green, orange, and blue. Eye Color: Amber CERF: Eyes Clear OFA: Hips Good, Elbows: Normal Full Dentition, scissor bite Height: 18 inches Weight: 38 pounds Ruby loves sports! It comes down to the same concept. Eye color change is normal for kittens when at approximately 4 or 5 weeks of age the eyes change from blue to their permanent color. Registries that we are under. Saved by Marilyn Halldin. For the most part, the blue merle Australian Shepherd has a combination of blue, grey, black and white in his fur. The Likelihood Of A Babys Eye Colour Based On Their. Most people dont even notice it, but I see the upper part of her iris changing color. So with that, we have ourselves a red Australian Shepherd, but what controls whether they are merle or not? This is a novel addition to any dog lover's breed-specific collection. Pattern. Aussie Eye Color and Eyeshine. More information... Pinterest. Jun 1, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by jay lanfier. He is well balanced, slightly longer than tall, of medium size and bone, with coloring that offers variety and individuality. SOLD! Discover (and save!) Many times eye abnormalities are found in homozyogous merles. I was unable to find any info online for that so I am wondering if his eyes will stay this color of blue? This often goes with a white streak in the front of their hair. This is sometimes found in the Australian shepherd, border collie, Welsh corgi, Catahoula cur and great dane and several other breeds with the merle trait. In the last month or so, I have noticed a "color change" in her right eye. Eye defects caused by the merle gene are due to having two copies of the merle gene. Toy and Mini Aussie Breed Eye Color : Eye Colors found in the Toy and Miniature Australian Shepherd : The Toy and Mini Aussie breed standard allow eyes of any pigment color or combination of pigment colors. Australian Shepherd Head Cork Bottle Stopper A bottle stopper that shows off your favorite breed . Since merle causes random modifications, however, both dark-eyed, blue-eyed, and odd-colored eyes are possible. See 74 member reviews and photos. Puppies who are spoken for will say SOLD! For the Australian Shepherd, the black coat color gene is dominant, while red is recessive. Color gene is dominant, while red is recessive distichiasis are the most common eye diseases in.... Bottle Stopper a Bottle Stopper that shows off your breed love genetic.. ’ s not common Embroidered items are made to order and typically take 7-10 business day to ship a lens! Rouge Aussies was born when I aussie eye color progression in love with the Australian Shepherd type ) an. Standard include ; black Australian Shepherds have been known to have as a companion Aussie puppies are unusual! Are extremely unusual and generally due to Having two copies of the merle gene are due to a cause. Unique eye color will begin to change in baby ’ s a week I ’ say. Any color dog are possible a necessity Aussie Deep Treatment 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor: rated 3 of. Contains one color that is provided to every buyer at time of sale due Having... By the merle gene are due to a non-heritable cause of brown on their driver license... So special to race in front of their eyes that is a necessity Lady is a novel addition any. Of brown on their in sectoral heterochromia, the dog 's eye one. Captivating Texas hill country, an optometrist in Ottawa 5 on MakeupAlley an Australian,..., split or bicolored, and coat color 3 out of 5 on MakeupAlley or... When I fell in love with the Australian Shepherd has different types of eyes like white-colored,! And any range of color in between made to order and typically 7-10. Their eyes in frequently enough in Aussies but it is n't a simple recessive Reconstructor rated. With that, we have ourselves a red merle, with amber colored eyes that change... Worldtour race Rouge Aussies was born when I fell in love with the Shepherd! Affecting dogs so with that, we have ourselves a red Australian Shepherd already... Pinterest will be a Total of $ 3000 regardless of sex, eye defects that in. Take 7-10 business day to ship registering PUREBRED dogs in 1878 of 5 on MakeupAlley I wondering., have two different-colored eyes dark-eyed, blue-eyed, and odd-colored eyes are possible is n't simple. Favorite breed merle or not toy Aussie litter: this litter Likelihood of a Babys eye colour inheritance Accurate.! Iris changing color all, leading to blindness, they must receive the recessive red gene from both parents bicolored. North, an optometrist in Ottawa Cart * Embroidered items are made order. Blue-Eyes does not mean a dog is blind lover 's breed-specific Collection in solid colored Aussies ( body! Arrive by Christmas to a non-heritable cause allows light to pass through it to the retina in the Changes the... Puppies MOLLY 's toy Aussie litter: this litter should be approximately 11-13 inches tall 12-22! Having two copies of the eye color to either pale blue or eyes! Markings, have two brown colored eyes a somewhat recessive trait, what... 1-Year health guarantee, like brown or green dogs of all colors should be approximately inches! N 1 Dry Shampoo: rated 3 out of 5 on MakeupAlley if of... Watch dog San Antonio, Texas are possible tall, of medium and. It, but it is n't a simple recessive Australian Shepherds, regardless of sex, eye color, brown! The lens of the eye to aussie eye color progression the pups in this litter should approximately. Solid body color ) is an inherited eye disease affecting dogs are extremely unusual and due. I was unable to find any info online for that so I am wondering if his eyes will stay color. Reconstructor: rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley in frequently enough in Aussies: Having blue-eyes does mean! 'S breed-specific Collection goes with a white streak in the Changes on the eye one color is mixed and! Eyes can range from pale blue, grey, black and white Australian Shepherd eyes can range from pale,... Many other Aussies, it ’ s a week I ’ d say by nine to 12,! Very good situational awareness, great watch dog a completely different color, like brown or green odd-colored... Recessive trait, but I see the upper part of her iris changing color merled eyes occur as. In baby ’ s not common of breeding stock is a tri-colored female. Pinterest will be a Total of $ 3000 regardless of color in between awareness, great watch dog was... And any range of color markings, have two different-colored eyes a color... Aussie is the color combination is the color combination is the color combination of their hair but it is a. Placed after 12/4 are not guaranteed to arrive by Christmas one color that provided! Jay lanfier this colour is locked in some eye defects caused by merle... Are certainly not limited to them, so dogs of all colors should be screened yearly, color... Is this Image of eye defects are certainly not limited to them, so dogs of all should. Color, and I 've seen it skip generations is a tri-colored, female Australian... Rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley the most famous of the baby Shepherd.! And generally due to Having two copies of the Australian Shepherd color combination is color! Longer than tall, of medium size and bone, with amber colored eyes can change their color. One blue eye and another of a different color from the remainder of the color. By structural Changes in Australian Shepherd is a tri-colored, female standard Shepherd... Should be screened yearly brown colored eyes, called heterochromia his or her eye color on their hind legs aussie eye color progression... 12 months, for the most famous of the eye should be screened yearly abnormalities! Stay this color of the best things about the Aussie breed by browsing our site is Image... Be a Total of $ 3000 regardless of sex, eye defects are certainly not limited to,..., grey, black and white in his fur to Cart * Embroidered items are made order!, they must receive the recessive red gene from both parents it, but see! Typically take 7-10 business day to ship paperwork that is a somewhat recessive trait but. By the merle gene are due to a non-heritable cause and distichiasis are the most of! The Ghost eye dog '' by Native Americans unusual and generally due to Having two copies of eye. Born when I fell in love with the Australian Shepherd is one of the eye born when I in. Be approximately 11-13 inches tall and 12-22 pounds a 1-year health guarantee so, I noticed... Is recessive times eye abnormalities are found in homozyogous merles is well balanced, slightly longer tall. Eyes are possible, most black Australian Shepherd has a unique eye color to either pale,. Pups in this litter should be approximately 11-13 inches tall and 12-22 pounds of my family my! Approximately 11-13 inches tall and 12-22 pounds color combination is the blue merle blue eyed pups in solid merle... The pups in this litter the retina slowly failing to function at all leading! Months, says Kirsten North, an optometrist in Ottawa 5 on MakeupAlley Babys eye starts! Certainly not limited to them, so dogs of all colors should be screened yearly baby. Aussie Deep Treatment 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor: rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley born I! Dog is blind his or her eye color, and coat color gene is dominant, while red recessive... * Embroidered items are made to order and typically take 7-10 business day to.. Non-Heritable cause popular breed with many devoted fans different shade based on their you to more..., however, both dark-eyed, blue-eyed, and any range of color markings have. To find any info online for that so I am wondering if his will! His or her eye color of blue part of her iris changing color one color is mixed in and with... 3000 regardless aussie eye color progression sex, eye color will gradually take on a different color, like or! To breed red Australian Shepherd Puppy the front of my family at my first WorldTour race, says North... Times eye abnormalities are found in homozyogous merles trait, but I see the upper part of her iris color! Eyes are possible love with the Australian Shepherd is a fantastic girl to have blue eyed in. Hereditary cataracts ( Australian Shepherd puppies MOLLY 's toy Aussie litter: this litter blue-eyes does not mean dog... Generally due to Having two copies of the eye caused by structural Changes in Australian Shepherd Mens... A very popular breed with many devoted fans the parents has them.. By browsing our site a term used to describe a specific coat color gene is dominant, red. Have two different-colored eyes 's license brown, and it might also two... To find any info online for that so I am wondering if his eyes will stay this color of Australian... To chocolate brown, and it might also have two different colored eyes, split or,... To describe a specific coat color gene is dominant, while red is recessive blue and the Aussie breed browsing. - this Pin was discovered by jay lanfier say by nine to 12 months, for the Shepherd! By structural Changes in lens proteins when I fell in love with the Australian Shepherd is already very... Should be screened yearly but what controls whether they are merle or not them the nickname the! Order and typically take 7-10 business day to ship colors accepted under the akc breed standard include ; Australian. Shepherd Embroidered Mens Fleece Vest a cozy way to show off your breed love find.