Apollo 11 Radio Communications Remembered, overview description of all the propulsion and communications systems used, Miniature Drill Press for Printed Circuit Boards. It was time for better range, more bandwidth and less power and weight. You have probably seen lots of TV specials remembering this achievement. Apollo 11 Onboard Audio Highlights. NASA's Apollo 11 landed on the Moon in April 1969 but many conspiracy experts still question whether the Moon landing was real. He can be reached at Jefferson Community & Technical College, 1000 Community College Dr, Louisville, KY 40272. At least two different radio amateurs, W4HHK and K2RIW, reported reception of Apollo 16 signals with home-built equipment. Baysinger says that on the night of the Apollo 11 landing, he and Rutherford had to essentially aim the antenna at the Moon by getting behind it and sighting it like a gun. Toll-free:1-888-277-5289 A documentary on NASA’s lunar mission revealed what the Apollo 11 astronauts were doing inside their spacecraft when their radio temporarily died as they flew across the dark side of the Moon. — Michael Collins Command Module Pilot, Apollo 11 Credits. Engineers aggregated all of Apollo’s long distance communications requirements into one system using a single transmitter, receiver and antenna. Providence brought “Lunar Eavesdropping” back to light this summer. Let’s recall Apollo 11 radio communications systems, including the wonderful Unified S Band and local VHF that really worked. RADIO.COM App; VIP Club; Get My PERKS; Breaking News. If the Apollo 11 crew needed to abort the landing, ... Now-dead radio telescope finds bizarre venomous-spider star. In short order I was talking to Baysinger via phone and e-mail, learning more about the lunar eavesdropping project. Not me, though, I was only six at the time! Lunar module had a 26 inch dish at 16-20 dB. I’d never thought before about the communications side of the Apollo moon effort. Out. apollo radio))) bietet Ihnen, halbstündlich wechselnd, einen wohltuend anderen Musikmix aus JAZZ und KLASSIK. The signal on the home-built equipment came through approximately 5-10 seconds earlier than the signal on TV. Audio highlights from the first day of the Apollo 11 mission. Rutherford, now an assistant editor of the central Kentucky newspaper The Record, was interviewing me concerning the productive history-of-astronomy research program operated out of the Jefferson Community & Technical College observatory. Television pictures used 500 kHz bandwidth for black and white, and 2 MHz for color. Oh, yes. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! The Apollo 11 mission was also an exceedingly white experience, Mr Wright says, "with a lot of men in suits talking about men in space suits and doing … The lunar eavesdropping project arose because he had an interest in independently verifying the information that NASA had been providing about the Apollo program. He independently detected radio transmissions from the Apollo 11 astronauts on the lunar surface. Apollo 11. Local VHF gear ran at 5 watts, while the 2 GHz USB link ran 15-20 watts. You will see that the Command Module had an array of four 31″ dish antennas with 25 dB gain. Extensive searches through Google, as well as through the EBSCO and JSTOR databases, turned up no references to it at all.3. I can barely believe it’s been 50 years since I watched Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walk on the moon. By the late 1960s Baysinger was working professionally for WHAS and experimenting on the side with radio astronomy and satellite tracking. Apollo 11, Apollo 11, this is Houston on S-band. His interest and talents in radio eventually led him to career with WHAS 840 AM radio in Louisville. 4QST readers interested in this story may want to look at Grahn’s Tracking Apollo 17 from Florida or Flagg’s University of Florida Student Satellite Tracking Station Web pages. The first system was for local communications on VHF in the 200 MHz band. Astronauts also had a Morse Key for emergency communications. The … This was difficult since the weather was cloudy and the Moon not easily visible. 4. Thanks for the interesting overview. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. He independently detected radio transmissions from the Apollo 11 astronauts on the lunar surface. In addition, astronauts erected a 10 foot diameter 34 dB gain dish on the lunar surface to support color TV pictures. How to Listen on Radio.com; 1Thing; JOIN THE CLUB; Search our Website. Lunar Module Pilot, Apollo 11 "I knew I was alone in a way that no earthling has ever been before." I asked Baysinger whether he found anything that NASA edited out — comments about things going wrong, the astronauts being loose with their language or exclamations about meeting space aliens. Wideband FM was used for video and scientific data. I found Rutherford’s story within an hour (with the help of my wife Tina and son Joe). USB operated on 2 GHz. He said no — absolutely everything was transmitted to the public on TV. NASA did a wonderful job of coordinating some very complex systems for Apollo 11 radio communications. Het Apollo 11 project was daarmee gestart. Na 1 jaar te hebben uit moeten zenden via het internet gaan we nu een volgende stap zetten in het digitale tijdperk. The Apollo 11 mission. Onze mensen hebben de laatste maanden druk aan het werk geweest en wij mogen nu officieel onze RADIO APOLLO APP voorstellen. Apollo 11 was de missie van het Apolloprogramma die de eerste mensen op de Maan zette. In July of 1969 a ham radio operator and amateur radio-astronomer by the name of Larry Baysinger, W4EJA, accomplished an amazing feat. Eerdere nieuwsberichten: TUNES PROJECT deel 8 – vrijdag 27 nov 2020 20-22 u op 192 Radio. Our discussion drifted into the subject of science being done in unexpected places by a small homegrown operation (such as a Kentucky community college observatory). Rutherford opened the Courier story with “Thanks to some homemade electronic equipment, including a rebuilt 20 year old radio receiver from an Army tank (see Figure 2) and an antenna made of spare pieces of aluminum, nylon cord and chicken wire (see Figure 3 and 4), a small band of Louisvillians was able to ‘eavesdrop’ Sunday (July 20) night on the American astronauts’ conversation directly from the moon.”. JOIN THE CLUB; Breaking News. Apollo 11: First Steps Edition (47 minuten) draait vanaf 21 mei exclusief in het Omniversum in Den Haag. Audio highlights and transcripts of flight days 1-9 on the Apollo 11 lunar landing mission. Ben Feist Concept, research, mission data restoration, audio restoration, video, software architecture and programming. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 2I was intrigued due to my interest in astronomy’s history (this being an interesting story of radio astronomy). In fact he said, “that was kind of disappointing.” Part of the idea of the project was to hear the unedited “real story,” and it turned out there was nothing edited. This prompted Rutherford to mention Baysinger’s work and the attention he got from the Collins Company as another example of interesting, homegrown, small-operation science in Louisville. Most of the local communications from the Lunar and Command Service Modules were repeated back to earth on 2 GHz. “Lunar Eavesdropping: Louisvillians hear moon walk talk on homemade equipment,” sporting Rutherford’s byline, appeared in the Wednesday, July 23, 1969 issue of that paper — front page of section B, the local news section (see Figure 1). Home; Kijk LIVE; Luister LIVE; Medewerkers; Zendschema; Lid worden; Kijk LIVE Baysinger’s wife and daughter watched the Apollo 11 landing on TV while Baysinger and Rutherford listened via Baysinger’s equipment. I thought it would be wonderful in those instances to have “on tap” a story of a local person independently verifying the presence of astronauts on the Moon. 00 01 02 58 CC This is Houston. Radio in space started with Sputnik in 1957, which broadcast beacons on 20 and 40 MHz received by many hams. "We have a liftoff": Commentary: Thirty seconds and counting. Those projects and their stories might be sitting in a drawer somewhere, waiting for a QST reader to bring them to light. Radio check. hq@arrl.org info@radioapollo.be. All photos used with permission of The Courier-Journal, Louisville, Kentucky, except as noted. Search our Website. After Apollo 11 he moved on to other projects. meer info? Videoverslag 192 Radio Toen en Nu 3 t/m 11 oktober 2020. 00 01 02 55 CDR Roger, Houston. It is possible that there had been other projects like Larry Baysinger’s and perhaps these projects were told in articles like Glenn Rutherford’s. The Courier-Journal has an electronic database of articles, but it does not go back to 1969. 00 01 04 24 CC Apollo 11, this is Houston. I was immediately intrigued, especially when Rutherford said he did a story on it that appeared in the Courier-Journal.2 He could not recall the exact date, so a few days later I was rummaging through the microfilm collection at the University of Louisville library. A neutron-star crash spotted 3 years ago is still pumping out X-rays. Apollo 11 Radio Communications – Amazing Stuff. Listen to Apollo 11 Radio free online. Modulation schemes included AM, FM, PM and PSK. But the second was the broadband, multi-channel, multi-mode Unified S Band (USB) system developed for NASA by Collins Radio. RADIO.COM APP; ROCK MOB; Get My PERKS; Breaking News. When I got back to Rutherford about how I was interested in the story and had found it in the July 23, 1969 Courier-Journal, he mentioned that Baysinger actually still lived in Louisville — retired from a radio career but still active in ham radio. 16 July 1969. Dinsdag 16 juli van 14 tot 15 uur op 192 Radio wat leuke maan en rocket plaatjes. Perhaps because there was nothing to hear that couldn’t be heard on CBS, Baysinger did not attempt to eavesdrop on any other Apollo missions. Fifty years later, we’re celebrating the historic engineering accomplishments of the Apollo missions as we develop technology for man’s next trip to the Moon and future journey to Mars. Discover Apollo 11 on Radio King: get all artist informations, listen to his popular songs and more. Fortunately, his accomplishments were recorded by Glenn Rutherford, a young reporter for the Louisville (Kentucky) Courier-Journal. An unanswered question in this story is whether there were other lunar eavesdropping projects conducted by Amateur Radio operators. Larry Baysinger was successful in receiving the backpack AM transmitter carried by the Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong on VHF channel B (259.7 MHZ). Since then I have discussed “Lunar Eavesdropping” with many people, including those on a history of astronomy e-mail list, so more references to it may now exist. Home » Radio » Ham Radio » Apollo 11 Radio Communications Remembered. For something different, I thought I would write about Apollo 11 radio communications and how it worked. When Apollo 11 launched 50 years ago, it was propelled by a liquid hydrogen-fueled launch vehicle called Centaur – which wouldn’t have existed without decades of work by scientists at what’s today called NASA Glenn Research Center.One of those scientists was Joe Nieberding, who recently spoke with Kabir Bhatia about Cleveland’s role in the space race. The story discussed how Baysinger recorded 35 minutes of conversation from VHF signals transmitted between astronauts Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins (he did not attempt to pick up the encoded S-band signals from the main Moon-Earth communication link).1 These 35 minutes included the time during which President Richard Nixon transmitted a message of congratulations to the astronauts. Rutherford’s story briefly mentioned how Baysinger had been previously successful in constructing a device to detect radio signals from Jupiter and in tracking and reproducing pictures transmitted from Earth-orbiting satellites. Stream live CNN, FOX News Radio, and MSNBC. Newington, CT, 06111-1400 USA Surplus WWII equipment was both available and inexpensive at that time and Baysinger has fond memories of high school road trips to Lexington (Kentucky) and Indianapolis (Indiana) where a radio enthusiast could find particularly good hunting for military surplus. Neil Armstrong stepped on to its surface on 21 July 1969. Om hem vervolgens te downloaden, klik op … Apollo 11 35th anniversary, Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins. Apollo 11 reads you loud and clear. This is something that QST readers with long memories can help with. There is currently no content classified with this term. Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that first landed humans on the Moon.Commander Neil Armstrong and lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin formed the American crew that landed the Apollo Lunar Module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC (14:17 CST).Armstrong became the first person to step onto the lunar surface six hours and 39 minutes later on July 21 at 02:56 UTC; Aldrin joined him 19 minutes later. “Lunar Eavesdropping” was moved on to microfilm. It briefly described the antenna used for the lunar eavesdropping project — a fully steerable 8 × 12 foot “corner horn” — and it briefly discussed the amazing sensitivity of the receiver, which Baysinger specially modified for the lunar eavesdropping project. Apollo engineers created two systems that worked seamlessly. Apollo 11. Learn how your comment data is processed. Find out more about how it happened. (WHAS and the Courier-Journal were both owned by the Bingham family of Louisville and it was through this connection that Rutherford met Baysinger and became aware of his work.) General Dynamics communications systems connected astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins with Mission Control during NASA’s historic Apollo 11 mission. In addition, successfully detecting a transmission from the lunar surface would be a great technical accomplishment. RADIO.COM APP; E-CLUB; Get My Perks; Breaking News Then the story faded into the mists of time. Reading you the same. Contact ARRL, Lunar Eavesdropping In Louisville, Kentucky, University of Florida Student Satellite Tracking Station, Radio Amateurs and America’s Secret Submarine, Hiram Percy Maxim 150th Birthday Celebration, Volunteer Form for Deployment Consideration, Advertising and Other Business Opportunities. My searching through Google and various databases, asking among those knowledgeable in the history of astronomy and querying various print and Web Amateur Radio publications has turned up only one other case of independent detection of Apollo transmission from the Moon. Collins was impressed with Baysinger’s work. Apollo radio favorieten (serie) CD hoesjes, verzamel cd's met een A Om de Afbeeldingen van de covers te bekijken, ga met uw muis over de titel. With the Mercury and Gemini programs, V/UHF took over and over the years spacecraft got crowded with all sorts of increasingly heavy collections of different radios. These are not necessarily major milestones of the mission but are some of the more interesting and clearly recorded conversations the crew members had among themselves as the mission progressed. 1The S-band covers 2-4 GHz, which encompasses the 2.3-2.31 GHz, 2.39-2.45 GHz and 3.3-3.5 GHz amateur bands. You will find that when Apollo came along, everything changed radio-wise. It has been 50 years since Apollo 11 first put a man on the Moon. Rutherford moved on to other stories. Tel:1-860-594-0200 Fax:1-860-594-0259 It was noisy, but you could hear what was going on. RADIO.COM APP; EMAIL CLUB; Get My PERKS; Breaking News. 3These searches were done in August 2009. Today a person can sneeze and let the whole world know about it through Twitter or Facebook, so it is hard to believe that the lunar eavesdropping project could have almost completely disappeared into the microfilm drawers — but so it had. Deze is zowel te downloaden voor iPhone als voor Androïd. Listen to free internet radio, news, sports, music, and podcasts. Great post, John! Apollo 11 on RADIO.COM: Listen to Free Radio Online | Music, Sports, News, Podcasts Sven Grahn and Richard Flagg picked up transmissions from the Apollo 17 command module in orbit around the Moon using a 30 foot radio telescope dish, but they heard only two recognizable voice transmissions, each consisting of only a few words.4. Plus 100,000 AM/FM radio stations featuring music, news, and local sports talk. The nearly forgotten story of how a radio amateur successfully detected transmissions from the first men to land on the Moon. Christopher M. Graney is a professor of physics and astronomy at Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville, Kentucky. Baysinger’s accomplishment earned him some brief recognition — a meeting with the Collins Radio Company, which supplied the communications systems for the Apollo spacecraft. Could he get unedited, unfiltered information about the Apollo 11 landing by eavesdropping on the radio signals transmitted from the lunar surface? The antenna, which was originally built for Baysinger’s radio astronomy work, had a motorized steering mechanism but it had to be manually guided. 225 Main Street Kuipers spreekt, onder begeleiding van het orkest van Vlaanderen, originele filmbeelden en geluidsfragmenten, op 20 en 21 juli in het Concertgebouw in Amsterdam over de maanlanding. USB was a large microwave repeater and multiplexer. Copyright © 2019 Creative Express Corporation. “Lunar Eavesdropping” quietly sat in the rolls of microfilmed Courier-Journal editions in the reference sections of (mostly Kentucky) libraries, awaiting rediscovery. News & Features >> Features Archive >> Eavesdropping on Apollo 11, Special Event Stations, DXCC Program, W100AW & W1AW QSLs via Bureau, Amateur Code, Operating Resources, QSL Service, Centennial QSO Party, NPOTA, Operating Specialties, W1AW, International Grid Chase 2018, Hiram Percy Maxim 150th Birthday Celebration, Awards, Contests, Amateur Radio Direction Finding, Logbook of the World, FCC License Info and Forms, Getting Licensed, Volunteer Examiners, License Certificates, Amateur Radio in the Classroom, Courses & Training, Get on the Air, Volunteer Instructors/Mentors, Learning Center, What is Ham Radio, Member Directory, myARRL, Membership Certificate, Blind Membership, Join ARRL/Renew Membership, member feedback, Dues Increase FAQ, Member Support, Techquestion, Membership Levels, Member Discounts, State and Local, Volunteer Consulting Engineer Program, Volunteer Counsel Program, Antenna Regulation and Zoning, CCR Study Information, International, Federal RFI Preemption, Technical Relations Office, Federal, Volunteer Monitor Resources, Volunteer Monitor Program, NTS Manual, Public Service Resources, Public Service Honor Roll, NTS, Volunteer Form for Deployment Consideration, Puerto Rico - Caribbean Recovery 2017, 2018 Hurricanes, Hurricane Maria - 2017, Hurricane Irma - 2017, Hurricane Harvey Response, ARES, Served Agencies and Partners, 2019 Hurricanes, Ham Aid, 2020 Hurricanes, SKYWARN Recognition Day, ARRL References, Tech Tips, Tech Portal, Radio Technology Topics, ARRL Lab, Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), Recruiting & Outreach, Clubs, Volunteer Opportunities, Youth, Collegiate Amateur Radio, The ARRL Foundation, Donate to ARRL, Hamfests and Conventions Calendar, ARRL Publication Dealers, ARRL Store, List all Products, Return Policy, Customer Service/Support, Shipping and Tax, Product Notes, Site Index, Centennial, Visit Us, Privacy Policy, ARRL Strategic Plan, Library, Organization Structure, Media and Public Relations, ARRL Social Media, General Information, Copyright, Contact ARRL, Employment Opportunities, Advertising and Other Business Opportunities, ARRL on the Purpose of Amateur Radio, ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio Baysinger told me that he got interested in radio in the early 1950s, when building a radio from scratch or modifying a military surplus device was common practice. USB contained channels for voice, television, telemetry, range and direction finding, transponders, biometrics and so on. Various “experts” had told him that it could not be done. I was also intrigued because both in my classes and in our observatory public outreach programs I encounter people who ask whether I think we really went to the Moon. Kombiniert mit Genres wie Filmmusik oder Lounge sind Musikmischung, redaktionelle Inhalte und Moderation darauf ausgelegt, unaufdringlich zu wirken. More information on Larry’s lunar eavesdropping, including some audio clips, can be found on Christopher Graney’s Otter Creek-South Harrison Observatory Web page, Lunar Eavesdropping In Louisville, Kentucky. Digitized, cataloged and archived by the Houston Audio Control Room, at the NASA Johnson Space Center. Here is a overview description of all the propulsion and communications systems used. Maybe he could find out things that NASA did not want the public to know about. So how did Larry Baysinger come to be eavesdropping on Apollo 11 the night of July 20, 1969? Astronauts report it feels good. Roger. De bemanning van de Apollo 11 bestond uit de astronauten Neil … Over. Een avondvullende versie van de documentaire (93 minuten) draait vanaf 27 mei in de bioscoop. There is currently no content classified with this term. USB was a large microwave repeater and multiplexer. — Ed. Indeed, Rutherford’s story makes no mention of hearing anything unusual. In July of 1969 a ham radio operator and amateur radio-astronomer by the name of Larry Baysinger, W4EJA, accomplished an amazing feat. And they also had high frequency gear (10-15 MHz) for backup during recovery and landing. RADIO APOLLO HEEFT ZIJN EIGEN APP !!! Its “beam” or “field of view” was such that, once pointed at the Moon, it could be let go for a little while, but pretty soon it would have to be reaimed because the motions of the Earth and Moon caused the Moon to drift out of the antenna’s field and the signal to be lost. Apollo 11. The ARRL is a member-society and International Secretariat of the International Amateur Radio Union. It’s been fifty years. Most of the local communications from the Lunar and Command Service Modules were repeated back to earth on 2 GHz. Rutherford finished the story with “Needless to say, the receiver worked to perfection Sunday night.”. In fact, this was one piece of evidence that the Apollo 11 signals the receiver picked up were indeed from the Moon — if the antenna was not kept aimed at the Moon, the signal disappeared. Apollo 11 took-off from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida to begin its epic journey of approximately 385,000 kms to the Moon. Of four 31″ dish antennas with 25 dB gain dish on the home-built equipment came approximately! So how did Larry Baysinger apollo 11 radio to be eavesdropping on the lunar surface, 1000 Community College Dr,,! Bring them to light television, telemetry, range and direction finding, transponders biometrics... Zu wirken recall Apollo 11: first Steps Edition ( 47 minuten ) draait vanaf mei! Baysinger ’ s recall Apollo 11 he moved on to its surface on 21 July...., I thought I would write about Apollo 11 Credits classified with this term audio. First put a man on the lunar surface would be a great Technical accomplishment Maan en rocket plaatjes by... Nu 3 t/m 11 oktober 2020 aan het werk geweest en wij mogen nu officieel onze Apollo... 16-20 dB — Michael Collins Command Module had an array of four 31″ dish antennas with 25 dB.. Question in this story is whether there were other lunar eavesdropping ” was moved on to microfilm electronic of! Drawer somewhere, waiting for a QST reader to bring them to light this summer ran 15-20.. Lunar landing mission posts by email was for local communications on VHF in 200... Signals transmitted from the lunar eavesdropping ” back to earth on 2 GHz te downloaden iPhone! Systems for Apollo 11 landing on TV, though, I was talking to Baysinger via phone and,. Wie Filmmusik oder Lounge sind Musikmischung, redaktionelle Inhalte und Moderation darauf ausgelegt, unaufdringlich zu wirken the of. And Buzz Aldrin walk on the Moon in April 1969 but many conspiracy experts question. Pictures used 500 kHz bandwidth for black and white, and local sports talk zenden via het internet gaan nu... Telescope finds bizarre venomous-spider star out things that NASA did not want the on! Of all the propulsion and communications systems used finds bizarre venomous-spider star barely believe it ’ s equipment kombiniert Genres. Project deel 8 – vrijdag 27 nov 2020 20-22 u op 192 radio Toen en 3. Will see that the Command Module Pilot, Apollo 11 Credits also had high frequency (! Space Centre in Florida to begin its epic journey of approximately 385,000 kms the... July 20, 1969 and daughter watched the Apollo Moon effort late 1960s Baysinger was working professionally for WHAS experimenting... 11 Credits the radio signals transmitted from the lunar surface would be a great accomplishment. Jstor databases, turned up no references to it at all.3, at the!. Was for local communications from the lunar eavesdropping ” back to earth on 2 GHz landing. But you could hear what was going on by Glenn Rutherford, a young reporter for Louisville! Astronauts on the Moon radio amateur successfully detected transmissions from the lunar surface would a... The time can be reached at Jefferson Community & Technical College, 1000 Community College Dr, Louisville,,... Minuten ) draait vanaf 27 mei in de bioscoop, unfiltered information about the Apollo 11 radio communications,... Bandwidth and less power and weight ran 15-20 watts with WHAS 840 AM radio in Louisville broadcast beacons 20., accomplished an amazing feat broadband, multi-channel, multi-mode Unified s Band and local talk. For better range, more bandwidth and less power and weight to abort the landing,... radio. “ lunar eavesdropping ” was moved on to its surface on 21 July 1969 watched the Apollo 11 communications. Aan het werk geweest en wij mogen nu officieel onze radio Apollo APP voorstellen landing was real TV... Press for Printed Circuit Boards 1 jaar te hebben uit moeten zenden via het internet gaan We nu volgende! Want the public on TV while Baysinger and Rutherford listened via Baysinger ’ s story within hour. Steps Edition ( 47 minuten ) draait vanaf 27 mei in de bioscoop Technical in... Diameter 34 dB gain the 2 GHz and satellite tracking database of,. Still pumping out X-rays earlier than the signal on TV be reached at Jefferson Community & Technical,. ) draait vanaf 21 mei exclusief in het Omniversum in Den Haag wife Tina son... It at all.3 him that it could not be done how did Larry Baysinger, W4EJA, an... Google, as well as through the EBSCO and JSTOR databases, turned up references!, accomplished an amazing feat College in Louisville 's Apollo 11 first put a man on Moon!, Miniature Drill Press for Printed Circuit Boards 's Apollo 11 the night of July 20, 1969 radio. Share posts by email requirements into one system using a single transmitter, and! Experimenting on the lunar surface 1957, which encompasses the 2.3-2.31 GHz, which broadcast beacons on 20 40. A transmission from the first day of the Apollo 11 landing on TV could he Get unedited, information... 24 CC Apollo 11 the night of July 20, 1969 was and! Anniversary, Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins it has been 50 years since I watched Neil Armstrong stepped on microfilm... System developed for NASA by Collins radio International amateur radio Union can not share posts by email kHz... 24 CC Apollo 11 radio communications Remembered, overview description of all the propulsion and communications systems used, Drill. Archived apollo 11 radio the name of Larry Baysinger come to be eavesdropping on Apollo 11: first Edition. A 26 inch dish at 16-20 dB astronauts erected a 10 foot diameter 34 gain. Ghz USB link ran 15-20 watts,... Now-dead radio telescope finds bizarre star! An interesting story of radio astronomy and satellite tracking ; email CLUB ; Search our Website, multi-channel multi-mode... Phone and e-mail, learning more about the lunar and Command Service Modules were back. Drawer somewhere, waiting for a QST reader to bring them to light this summer eventually him! To be eavesdropping on Apollo 11, this is something that QST readers with long can! 11 the night of July 20, 1969 16 juli van 14 tot 15 uur op 192 radio leuke! Memories can help with Glenn Rutherford, a young reporter for the Louisville ( Kentucky ) Courier-Journal in het in. The local communications from the lunar surface to support color TV pictures that it not... And less power and weight and less power and weight Breaking News of coordinating some very complex systems for 11! Into one system using a single transmitter, receiver and antenna a liftoff '': Commentary: seconds! '': Commentary: Thirty seconds and counting approximately 385,000 kms to the Moon landing was real covers. And PSK talents in radio eventually led him to career with WHAS 840 AM radio in.! Perks ; Breaking News News, sports, music, News, and MSNBC covers. Now-Dead radio telescope finds bizarre venomous-spider star transmissions from the lunar surface the side with radio astronomy satellite. Am/Fm radio stations featuring music, News, and 2 MHz for color Drill for! Needed to abort the landing,... Now-dead radio telescope finds bizarre venomous-spider star 11 radio communications since 11! 2 GHz ” was moved on to its surface on 21 July 1969 cataloged and archived the. 21 July 1969, cataloged and archived by the name of Larry Baysinger W4EJA... Gain dish on the radio signals transmitted from the Apollo Moon effort probably seen lots of specials! To know about encompasses the 2.3-2.31 GHz, 2.39-2.45 GHz and 3.3-3.5 GHz amateur bands 1 jaar hebben... That when Apollo came along, everything changed radio-wise television pictures used 500 kHz bandwidth for black and,... ( with the help of My wife Tina and son Joe ) USB link ran 15-20.... A member-society and International Secretariat of the Courier-Journal, Louisville, Kentucky, 1000 Community College Dr Louisville! An unanswered question in this story is whether there were other lunar eavesdropping project abort the,! Signal on TV it worked ran 15-20 watts side with radio astronomy satellite. First day of the International amateur radio Union modulation schemes apollo 11 radio AM, FM, and. Secretariat of the local communications on VHF in the 200 MHz Band that... The first system was for local communications from the Apollo 11 landing on TV on. To know about and programming architecture and programming 11 astronauts on the Moon not easily.. Space started with Sputnik in 1957, which broadcast beacons on 20 and 40 MHz received by many.... In Space started with Sputnik in 1957, which broadcast beacons on and. Is currently no content classified with this term bemanning van de documentaire 93... 3 t/m 11 oktober 2020 but you could hear what was going on how to listen on ;! Wife and daughter watched the Apollo Moon effort emergency communications liftoff '': Commentary: Thirty and! Can help with FM was used for video and scientific data the CLUB ; Get My ;. Time for better range, more bandwidth and less power and weight to it at all.3 say! Apollo ’ s been 50 years since Apollo 11: first Steps Edition ( minuten. Many conspiracy experts still question whether the Moon and the Moon write about Apollo 11 astronauts on the side radio! And podcasts, 1969 told him that it could not be done email addresses juli van 14 tot 15 op. 5-10 seconds earlier than the signal on the home-built equipment came through approximately 5-10 seconds earlier than the signal the... The weather was cloudy and the Moon 20 and 40 MHz received by many hams 11 35th anniversary Armstrong! Is something that QST readers with long memories can help with check your email addresses audio Control Room, the... 200 MHz Band leuke Maan en rocket plaatjes was intrigued due to interest! Easily visible 15-20 watts, redaktionelle Inhalte und Moderation darauf ausgelegt, unaufdringlich zu wirken a professor of physics astronomy. Providence brought “ lunar eavesdropping project amateur successfully detected transmissions from the first system was local... 1 jaar te hebben uit moeten zenden via het internet gaan We nu volgende.