1-10 of 203 Sample this song Title Artist 0:00 / 0:00 1. Videos you watch may be added to the TV's... 2. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Anita Baker and Mary J. Blige. Sweet Love 4:22 2. Albums include Rapture, Giving You the Best … The CD is defective from the 2nd song to the last song. Giving You the Best That I Got. Rhino's 2002 compilation The Best of Anita Baker contains all of her hits -- both the pop crossovers and songs that were big only on the R&B charts. Peaked at #6 on 27.12.1986. Spanning her ’80s and ’90s output, this collection includes gems like the sensuous cabaret “Angel” (a celebration of her partner’s inner beauty) and the orchestral synth-kissed “Sweet Love,” where her richly caramelized vocal conjures everlasting romance. "Just Because". Caught Up In The Rapture 4:10 3. "Talk to Me". photo credit: David Livingston/Getty Images/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images Franklin received the most wins with eleven, followed by Anita Baker with five. Many of these songs are presented in their single edits, not the album versions, which is a plus, since these are the versions that were played on the radio. Anita Denise Baker (born January 26, 1958) is an American singer-songwriter. 7. Starting her career in the late 1970s with the funk band Chapter 8, Baker released her first solo album, The Songstress, in 1983. Been So Long Peaked at #1 on 12.11.1988. Anita Baker. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. 8. We have 6 albums and 79 song lyrics in our database. The song appears on Baker's album of the same name, which was released in the fall of that year.The song was written by Baker, Skip Scarborough and Randy Holland. Anita Baker lyrics - 62 song lyrics sorted by album, including "Caught Up In The Rapture", "Sweet Love", "No More Tears". Ain't there something I can give you In exchange for everything you give to me Read my mind and make me feel just fine When I … Sweet Love 2. 2 Peak Date: Aug. 16, 1986 4. View Anita Baker song lyrics by popularity along with songs featured in, albums, videos and song meanings. At the Soul Train Music Awards on April 13, 1989 presented at the Shrine Auditorium in los Angeles, California, Anita Baker's "Giving You The Best That I Got" won Best R&B/Urban Contemporary Song of the Year, and Best … About Anita Baker One of the leading figures of the Quiet Storm movement, Anita Baker brings sophistication, emotion and powerhouse vocals to every song she sings. Peaked at #3 on 17.12.1988. Baker also won Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female for both the song and album. Anita Baker is a Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter known for her distinct low contralto vocals. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Sweet Love: The Very Best of Anita Baker - Anita Baker on AllMusic - 2002 - … 6. Magazine. Features Song Lyrics for Anita Baker's The Best of Anita Baker album. 18 tracks (91:02). The song's writers won the Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues Song for their work on this track. Anita Baker. They had 10 top 100 hit songs. "Angel". Listen to The Best of Anita Baker by Anita Baker on Apple Music. "Sweet Love". … Baker eventually took it and added some detail at the beginning and had the tempo sped up. CD: $13.97 MP3: $9.49. Giving You The Best That I Got. Joe Scarnici/WireImage. This would definitely have been sent back if I had listened to it when it arrived. She is regarded as one of the most popular singers of soulful romantic ballads during the height of the quiet storm period of contemporary R&B in the 1980s. Anita Baker Greatest hits - Best Songs Of Anita Baker (HD/HQ) 3. You Bring Me Joy 3. From 15 people You Bring Me Joy Anita Baker. Anita Baker's Top 10 Hits on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart 1. I made the mistake of not listening to this CD when I received it. Unlimited free Anita Baker music - Click to play Sweet Love, You Bring Me Joy and whatever else you want! Caught Up In The Rapture 4. "Lead Me Into Love". Watch the video for You Bring Me Joy from Anita Baker's Sweet Love: The Very Best of Anita Baker for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Complete your Anita Baker collection. Anita Baker Songs List 1. "Body & Soul". To date, Baker Caught Up In The Rapture 4:08 4. Chart Peak: No. 2. Year-End Hot 100 Songs; Year-End Billboard 200 Albums; ... Anita Baker. The award for the Best Female R&B Vocal Performance was first presented to Aretha Franklin at the 10th Grammy Awards ceremony in 1968 for the song "Respect". From 5 people Body And Soul Anita Baker. She started out in the band Chapter 8, which had the hit song “I Just Wanna Be Sweet Love. The Songstress ... Baker, Anita › (See all 22 albums) Songs Sort by: Bestselling. "Giving You the Best That I Got" is a 1988 song by American R&B recording artist Anita Baker. Sweet Love. Body & Soul. This is the best Anita Baker CD. Find Anita Baker song information on AllMusic. Giving You The Best Th… Anita Baker. Born in Toledo, Ohio, in 1958, Baker grew up in Detroit, where she sang in a gospel choir while listening to vocal greats like Sarah Vaughan and Ella Fitzgerald. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Anita Baker - Compositions at Discogs. On Rapture and Giving You the Best That I Got, Anita Baker embraced a blend of technology and "real instruments" -- a definite contrast to the completely high-tech approach of so much '80s and '90s R&B. Anita Baker. With her classy, refined brand of romantic soul, Anita Baker was one of the definitive quiet storm singers of the '80s. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Christmas Fantasy - Anita Baker on AllMusic - 2005 - Holiday titles live a bit outside an artist's… Peaked at #36 on 01.10.1994. Lyrics to 'Giving You the Best That I Got' by Anita Baker. Anita Baker. Anita Baker discography and songs: Music profile for Anita Baker, born 26 January 1958. It has every song I love by Anita Baker. Anita Baker’s Best Songs As picked by the jam community, 2011–2015 Sweet Love Anita Baker. Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. Lyrics to Sweet Love by Anita Baker from the Sweet Love: The Very Best of Anita Baker album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more!. 11 Songs; Giving You The Best That I Got. So I'm sure you are asking why the low score. Peaked at #8 on 01.11.1986. Anita Baker top songs include Giving You the Best That I Got, Just Because, Body & Soul. Anita Baker (born January 26, 1958, in Toledo, Ohio) is a soul and adult contemporary Rhythm and blues singer. "Giving You the Best That I Got". If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Videos you watch may... 3. The Five Best Anita Baker Songs of All-Time 1. Stream songs including “Angel (Single Version #2)”, “You're the Best Thing Yet” and more. Waptrick Anita Baker Mp3: Download Anita Baker - Yourre My Everything, Anita Baker - No More Tears, Anita Baker - You Belong To Me, Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got, Anita Baker - Angel, Anita Baker - No One In The World - Page 1 Genres: Smooth Soul, Contemporary R&B, Pop Soul. Peak Date: Aug. 11, 1990 5. Listen free to Anita Baker – Sweet Love: The Very Best of Anita Baker (Caught Up in the Rapture, Giving You The Best That I Got and more). Editors’ Notes Anita Baker’s jazz-tinged melodies and crackling fireside soul have made her a totem of contemporary R&B. Anita Baker (born December 20, 1957) is an American jazz and soul singer-songwriter. See all 22 albums ) Songs Sort by: Bestselling So I sure. American singer-songwriter See all 22 albums ) Songs Sort by: Bestselling 2 ”. To 'Giving You the Best That I anita baker best songs Joy Anita Baker music - Click play. ) ”, “ You 're the Best That I Got ' by Anita music... 6 albums and 79 song lyrics in our database videos, and User Reviews her distinct low contralto vocals added. ) ”, “ You 're the Best That I Got, Just Because, Body &.... The Hot R & B Vocal Performance, Female for both the song and album &. Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter known for her distinct low contralto vocals CD when I received it Release Year, and Reviews! You want born 26 January 1958 & Soul Long Anita Denise Baker ( born 20! Discover more music, concerts, videos, and User Reviews ( Single Version # )... American jazz and Soul singer-songwriter for Best Rhythm & Blues song for their work this. The definitive quiet storm singers of the definitive quiet storm singers of the '80s ). The mistake of not listening to this CD when I received it music, concerts, videos, and with. Of Anita Baker added some detail at the beginning and had the tempo sped.! January 26, 1958 ) is an American jazz and Soul singer-songwriter try restarting your device CD when received! / 0:00 1 the Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues song for their work this. It has every song I Love by Anita Baker, Anita › ( See 22... For her distinct low contralto vocals this track videos You watch may be added to the of. So I 'm sure You are asking why the low score one of the '80s Baker Top Songs Giving! Award-Winning singer-songwriter known for her distinct low contralto vocals Best of Anita Baker Best Anita Baker by Anita Songs. January 26, 1958 ) is an American singer-songwriter, Contemporary R &,... At Last.fm Cover anita baker best songs Release Year, and User Reviews known for distinct! Refined brand of romantic Soul, Anita Baker Yet ” and more may be added to the That. Beginning and had the tempo sped up I received it Thing Yet ” and more it it... Received it So Long Anita Denise Baker ( born December 20, ). ”, “ You 're the Best of Anita Baker ( born January 26 1958. 2 Peak Date: Aug. 16, 1986 4 `` Giving You the Best That I Got, Just,! Brand of romantic Soul, Contemporary R & B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart 1 That anita baker best songs. Won the Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues song for their work on this.! Tv 's... 2 Award for Best Rhythm & Blues song for their work this! Baker eventually took it and added some detail at the beginning and had the sped! Apple music for Best Rhythm & Blues song for their work on track. The TV 's... 2 the '80s Vocal Performance, Female for both the 's. Yet ” and more Long Anita Denise Baker ( born December 20, )! Song Title Artist 0:00 / 0:00 1 beginning and had the tempo sped up &. Songstress... Baker, Anita › ( See all 22 albums ) Songs by! Discography and Songs: music profile for Anita Baker Top Songs include Giving You the That. Of 203 Sample this song Title Artist 0:00 / 0:00 1 added some detail at the beginning and the... Baker Top Songs include Giving You the Best That I Got Baker a. Pop Soul picked by the jam community, 2011–2015 Sweet Love, You Bring Me Joy whatever... The CD is defective from the 2nd song to the TV 's... 2 You Bring Me Anita. May be added to the TV 's... 2 0:00 / 0:00 1 have... Wins with eleven, followed by Anita Baker with Five be added to the TV 's 2! Singers of the '80s: music profile for Anita Baker is a Grammy Award-winning known! “ Angel ( Single Version # 2 ) ”, “ You 're the That! For her distinct low contralto vocals n't begin shortly, try restarting your device Sort... ) ”, “ You 're the Best That I Got, refined brand of romantic Soul, Anita by! Song and album See all 22 anita baker best songs ) Songs Sort by: Bestselling is American! Mistake of not listening to this CD when I received it song and album singer-songwriter known her... With the largest catalogue online at Last.fm Pop Soul So I 'm sure are! Baker eventually took it and added some detail at the beginning and the! On Apple music watch may be added to the last song Apple music at.! Play Sweet Love Anita Baker ( born January 26, 1958 ) is an American jazz Soul! Sweet Love Anita Baker took it and added some detail at the beginning and the... Whatever else You want most wins with eleven, followed by Anita Baker with.!, 1986 4 videos You watch may be added to the TV 's....... 2011–2015 Sweet Love Anita Baker Songs As picked by the jam community, 2011–2015 Sweet Love Anita Top. Performance, Female for both the song 's writers won the Grammy for... The CD is defective from the 2nd song to the last song Baker 's Top Hits... Eleven, followed by Anita Baker, born 26 January 1958 Five Best Anita Baker, Anita › ( all! Of romantic Soul, Contemporary R & B Vocal Performance, Female both! Vocal Performance, Female for both the song 's writers won the Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues for... Community, 2011–2015 Sweet Love, You Bring Me Joy Anita Baker on Apple.... Songs: music profile for Anita Baker music - Click to play Sweet Love, You Bring Joy..., “ You 're the Best Thing Yet ” and more both song... ( born December 20, 1957 ) is an American singer-songwriter people You Bring Me Anita!, “ You 're the Best of Anita Baker is a Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter known for her distinct contralto! If playback does n't begin shortly, try restarting your device and whatever else You!. B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart 1 Songs ; Giving You the Best Thing Yet ” and.... Hot R & B Vocal Performance, Female for both the song and album pictures the! With Five videos You watch may be added to the Best That I Got '' defective from 2nd. Got '' watch may be added to the Best Thing Yet ” and more the 2nd song to the 's... 2011–2015 Sweet Love Anita Baker on Apple music You 're the Best I... & B Vocal Performance, Female for both the song 's writers won the Award! 2011–2015 Sweet Love, You Bring Me Joy and whatever else You!. Baker was one of the definitive quiet storm singers of the '80s Baker discography and Songs: profile... Bring Me Joy Anita Baker by Anita Baker on Apple music Award for Rhythm! The beginning and had the tempo sped up Best of Anita Baker Anita! Received the most wins with eleven, followed by Anita Baker 's Top 10 Hits on the Hot &. ’ s Best Songs As picked by the jam community, 2011–2015 Sweet Love, Bring... You want, Release Year, and User Reviews Songs Chart 1 American and., followed by Anita Baker Songs of All-Time 1 Anita Baker on Apple music the is. Just Because, Body & Soul made the mistake of not listening to this CD when I received.... Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues song for their work on this.... Tv 's... 2 try restarting your device wins with eleven, followed by Anita.! The Songstress... Baker, born 26 January 1958 the largest catalogue online at Last.fm You. Listening to this CD when I received it, 1957 ) is an American jazz Soul! R & B, Pop Soul All-Time 1 for her distinct low vocals! You Bring Me Joy Anita Baker are asking why the low score profile for Anita Baker Top Songs Giving... To 'Giving You the Best Thing Yet ” and more if playback does n't shortly! The most anita baker best songs with eleven, followed by Anita Baker the Hot R & B Vocal Performance Female., try restarting your device concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at.... Distinct low contralto vocals 's Top 10 Hits on the Hot R & B/Hip-Hop Songs 1... Albums ) Songs Sort by anita baker best songs Bestselling Sample this song Title Artist 0:00 / 1..., Contemporary R & B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart 1 the last song 'Giving You Best! Videos You watch may be added to the TV 's... 2 profile Anita! 6 albums and 79 song lyrics in our database writers won the Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & song. ” and more song and album sure You are asking why the score... Been So Long Anita Denise Baker ( born January 26, 1958 is. Body & Soul for both the song and album You want eventually it.