with the Honda Accord Hybrid from other model years. You get in, and instantly recognize it as a car. The 2017 Honda Accord comes well-equipped, and it has a comfortable ride and a quick-shifting transmission. williamclavey@gmail.com. The total sales of the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid in the United States are 31,969 units [1]. When this model came out in 2013, it was clean, understated, properly stanced, and well-proportioned; a real businesslike sedan. The Accord Hybrid was born to daily. Just drive your Accord hybrid into the sunset and everything will feel alright. I think it all comes down to the simple, airy, and quiet cabin. You take off in absolute serenity... whoooosssh. Edmunds' expert review of the Used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid provides the latest look at trim-level features and specs, performance, safety, and comfort. Except for the lack of a plug, actual electron range and a confused brain, this is as good as a green family sedan can get without looking like a block of plastic that melted in the microwave. Oh, I know! Like this. You need to do it from the steering wheel. Essentially, the genius of the Accord is that it disappears from underneath you. Startling them because they never heard me pulling up. My only worry for Honda’s legendary sedan is where it’s heading into the future. For short distances though, the batteries don’t have much range. The basic concern here is the idea that because hybrid powertrains rely on more components than a traditional powertrain, there are more things that could go wrong. Surprised? But it’s actually pretty cool, so keep reading. The Honda Accord is a good car. The Accord itself is a surprisingly spirited performer, and the hybrid inherits this too, even with the added heft from the batteries. You start it. One sec. Honda offers three different versions of the Accord hybrid. The 2017 Accord Hybrid has a below-average predicted reliability rating of 2.5 out of five from J.D. Deal with it. Steadily among the top-selling sedans in North America along with the Toyota Camry, Honda’s mid-size car, the quintessential everyperson stalwart family sedan, may be from a Japanese brand but it’s conceived and built in America, for Americans (though the hybrid is built in Japan), and has spent a large portion of its lifespan kicking ass at pretty much everything it was designed to do. A typical hybrid vehicle starts with a conventional gasoline powertrain, meaning that engineers aren’t simply swapping one set of potential issues for another. That’s a cool one. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. The worst complaints are lights, accessories - exterior, and accessories - interior problems. Only the Kia Optima hybrid Stef reviewed earlier this week comes close at 13.4 cu-ft. The CR-V and Civic are prime examples of this. I don’t know how Honda manages to achieve this, but each time I get behind the wheel of this generation Accord, I instantly feel happy with my life. The 2017 Honda Accord has 353 problems & defects reported by Accord owners. If you dig that stuff, Honda’s is pretty impressive overall. Honda Accord, Acura CL, Honda Odyssey/Isuzu Oasis, Acura TL; 2003–2006(some 2007) MZKA — 4-speed, FWD & AWD (a.k.a. The linked display is very rudimentary. Did I hit that street corner all out without chirping the tires? Seriously, if you don’t know what a Honda Accord is by now, you and I need to sit down for a talk. If Honda wants to cash the checks it just signed, it better bring its mass-selling sedan back onto the hybrid bandwagon. The following chart shows the 10 most common problems for 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. Or is it displayed on the second screen on top? by Tom from Chippewa Falls WI on Thu Aug 18 2016 I’ve had my EX-L for a week and it has lived up to its rave reviews. Ok, so let’s compare: the Accord hybrid’s most direct competitor, the Chevrolet Malibu hybrid, starts at $27,250 and tops out at roughly 31k. Night drive on the 2017 Honda Accord Touring V6. The average annual repair cost is $400 which means it has excellent ownership costs. Learn more about the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. There’s just no learning curve to this thing. The A-pillars, they’re thin by modern standards, so it’s easy to see out of the vehicle. But you already knew that. If Honda wants to continue drop-kicking its rivals in the balls like it’s been so good at doing in the past, it must offer a hot hybrid as well. It turns in quickly, brakes strong and feels light and nimble overall. Sadly no, that rear bench doesn’t fold down. It’s not just a matter of a few differences in parts, either. The hybrid is back after a short hiatus, and Honda has dropped the short-lived, limited production plug-in version it was selling in specific regions back in 2014 (Canada never got that one.). It’s a rough world out there. Research the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L Sedan in Raleigh , NC at Leith Acura In Raleigh. The battery has to be replaced once every 3 years which is not cheap, but you make up for it with the gas you save. It sells for $35,955. You’ve got enough on your shoulders at the moment. Finally, Honda’s two-screen infotainment system is a huge let-down, and a stress-creator as far as user experiences goes. I just hope the next generation Accord won’t get pushed to full-size status, where it suffers the fate of the Nissan Maxima and becomes a sad artifact from the past that no one cares about anymore. The car also costs absolutely nothing to run. Being a hybrid, it doesn’t make a sound while doing so. Honda also relaunched its thrifty Accord Hybrid model for 2017, EPA-rated to get 48 mpg in combined driving. Driver Score “B” for a hybrid sedan with a CVT?! Also, the Clarity cars I saw in New York looked awfully mid-size. Here’s my advice: don’t worry about that stuff. A study of reliability comparison across Honda Accord Hybrid model year vehicles. If you’re looking for a long-term investment, you simply can’t go wrong with an Accord. Also, for the moment at least, GM can’t beat Honda’s resale value. If the total number of problems reported by Honda Accord Hybrid owners in the last 3 years is 27, and the age of the vehicle is 3, the PPMY index can then be calculated as. You might even save a few whales along the way! And the hybrid kicks everyone’s ass in the areas that count. Because Accord. the following table can be used to compare the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid And there’s LaneWatch. Not bad at all. It’s approaching the end of its production run and is expected to be overhauled next year. That’s it. It feels familiar, like the cars I grew up in during the 1990s. Unless you really dig LED headlights, rain-sensing wipers and a factory sat-nav, it’s not really worth it. Still, as far as real-world MPGs go, that’s not bad in the least. How Reliable Is the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid? View all 81 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2017 Accord Hybrid. And what’s up with those wheels? And Honda, please give us a goddamn volume knob. Even the almighty crossover ain’t got shit on this titan of a sedan. The model you see here is the ninth generation Accord. At Surrey Honda, we know that you deserve nothing less! (Full disclosure: Honda Canada prepared an Accord Hybrid clean with a full tank of gas and lent it to me for a full week. What you need in your life is a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. 2017 Accord Hybrid lives up to reviews. 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring NAV - Honda Certified 7YR/160K Warranty Looking for a reliable and safe pre-owned vehicle? That’s a cool feature. As long as all of its motors are going full swing, it feels quick behind the wheel. But all Accord Hybrids come pretty loaded with Honda’s full set of semi-autonomous features called Honda Sensing. Did you guys expect me to say this car was bad? 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Base Hybrid The accord hybrid is a great vehicle. So in that respect, the Accord hybrid is better than a Prius. So yes, the Accord hybrid is a good value as far as mid-size hybrids go. Here’s an actual in-car conversation my shooter Myle and I had about it: Clavey: “Hey man, can we pull up fuel consumption stats on that screen?”, Myle: “I think so. Good on them! Subscribe for more content daily He runs claveyscorner.com. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electronic stability control But then, Honda went off on a tangent and ruined things. One to display your smart phone map, answer messages, etc. PPMY Index = 27 / 31,969 / 3 * 1000 = 0.28. I won’t blame Honda’s eCVT—the trick transmission that uses electric motors to drive the wheels in place of a conventional gearbox—for this, because it remains one of the best ones I’ve sampled. If an alien were to come to Earth, o… Call (833) 779-9974 for more information. 27 problems have been reported for the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. Most of the time, the Accord is a full gas-electric hybrid, recharging its own batteries, with a combined output of 212 horsepower, Honda says. I think it’s... no. Then there’s the awkward delay in the way the alternate drivetrains react when you gun the throttle. You drive it. However, at the time of testing, only the Accord Touring with its V-6 engine was available for evaluation. Reviews from owners of the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. I wish you had taught my high school calculus class because this seems particularly merciful. When making the decision between buying a new or used Honda Accord Hybrid, I’m looking at you Toyota Prius. I’m not. The Honda Accord Reliability Rating is 4.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 1st out of 24 for midsize cars. It’s also the largest in the hybrid midsize segment. You know, free your mind from fear of being stranded on an island with sociopathic Instagram billionaires when you just wanted to hear some bands, or stories of airline employees kicking passengers’ asses, or how our species seems doomed in just a general sense? You can sort of drive the Accord in full EV mode. I have yet to get it to work correctly. My tester was the top flight Touring model. The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid has 34 problems & defects reported by Accord Hybrid owners. But the most obvious reason for the Accord Hybrid’s existence is that the car now faces serious hybrid competitors in the mid-size segment such as the Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion Energi, Chevy Malibu, Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima Hybrid. That’s all good looking on paper, but from my experience behind the wheel, the Accord pulled 40 MPG at best. Call (407) 337-4438 for more information. If you are in the market for a Used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid for sale in Chamblee or the surrounding Atlanta area, we are your destination. I had a bit of fun with EV mode, crawling through mall parking lots and parks, pulling up to nearby joggers to ask for directions. Or you could get a Camry, and... never mind, I’m not even going to finish that sentence. The car is slow in EV mode. One motor is geared directly to an Atkinson-cycle, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine—making 143 horsepower and 129 lb-ft of torque—with a clutch connecting them to the differential; the other motor is geared directly to the differential. The total sales of the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid in the United States are 31,969 units [1]. Like video and comment for more info. The biggest issue so far is a grinding or scratching noise at low speeds. It’s a little camera located on the passenger rear-view mirror to help you see things the mirror can’t. Dealership has attributed this issue to the continental tires that were factory installed. Err, wait. with 11 problems. But it’ll glide along that way up to around 60 mph for about a mile or two, until the four-pot joins the party. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's service brakes, hydraulic It just goes out and does whatever you ask of it well. Put $20 of gas in the damn thing and it’ll drive forever. Also, people are still buying an insane amount of Accords. Used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid from Mullinax Ford of Apopka in Apopka, FL, 32703. Here, I’ll - hmm, that doesn’t seem to work. Still, I find this looks much better than the Civic. It combines a 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle inline four-cylinder engine with two AC electric motors and a lithium-ion battery pack tightly squeezed behind the rear seats. That thing is taking up all the place at Honda these days with three body variants, an Si and upcoming Type R. And the sedan version of that car is almost as large and feels more upscale than the Accord. It’s not bad! The car you see here is Honda’s weapon of choice for that. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. There. There’s also a lot of glass in there thanks to a low cowl, so the car doesn’t intimidate you. The front-wheel-drive Accord hybrid eschews the transmission as we know it, instead using a clutch and two electric motor/generators. We bought just over 350,000 of them last year. That, or wondering why a car sounds like it has a bunch of crickets having an orgy under its hood, which is what the Accord hybrid sounds like when in EV mode. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. I think you need to tap here. Thankfully, the Accord was designed and released prior to that sad design trend. The system is more-or-less similar to what you’ll find in a standard Toyota Prius (not the plug-in Prius Prime). But I hardly noticed. I had to fill the car back up before returning it.). 1ST TIME HYBRID BUYER Sep 16, 2017 5,500 Owned 9 months 4 out of 5 stars The Accord Hybrid has two monitors. Several of its cars, albeit typically excellent in their respective segments, end up looking like rejected Gundam designs sold to Honda on the cheap. Also, the fact that the Accord doesn’t have an actual EV range, like a Volt or even a Fusion Energi, makes it feel somewhat obsolete by comparison. Note that the number of problems reported for the 2017 Accord Hybrid is 27 William Clavey is an automotive journalist from Montréal, Québec, Canada. Have you been trying to let off some steam lately? This enables three distinct driving modes: an EV mode using only battery power, a Hybrid mode that uses electricity to propel the car with … When I reviewed the four-cylinder version last summer on Clavey’s Corner, I actually preferred its handling over the “smaller” Civic, if you can believe that. Changes in color choices define any differences made to the HR-V and Fit. Every one of our pre-owned vehicles has been rigorously inspected by our technicians to ensure its reliability, durability, and safety. The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid remains a handsome mid-size sedan with excellent fuel economy; with Honda promising better availability, it should be a strong competitor. years since the debut of the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid in 2017. The real beauty about the Accord hybrid is that while everything seems simple and easy to operate when you’re driving it, there’s actually a fair bit of hybrid witchcraft going on under your ass. For the price point the interior is comfortable and spacious. But the Accord, in all versions, wins for daily driving because of Honda’s renowned reliability. Something a Prius can’t exactly brag about. This post has been updated to clarify the nature of the car’s eCVT transmission. If an alien were to come to Earth, open up one of humanity’s encyclopedias, and look up “a good automobile,” chances are the Accord would be the textbook definition. Also, not all apps work on this system. The 2017 Accord lineup is topped by a new two-motor hybrid model as well as a Sport Special Edition trim. This makes the Accord the most fuel-efficient mid-size hybrid in the segment, with the closest competitor being the Chevy Malibu hybrid at 47 MPG. while the average number of problems reported for the 9 model years of the Honda Accord Hybrid is 21. BZKA for FWD, MZKA for AWD ... Acura RLX (non-hybrid, 2014-2017), Honda Pilot, Honda Ridgeline; 2014– ZF 9HP transmission — 9-speed Acura TLX (V6), Honda Pilot, Honda Odyssey, Acura MDX, Honda Passport, Honda Ridgeline (2020) 2017– Honda 10-speed automatic — … Used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid, from Riverside Ford in Havelock, NC, 28532. You use an actual shifter, not buttons, or a weird sex toy to shift its automatic gearbox in the D position. VIN#: JHMCR6F7XHC031727 ... and reliability that makes the Accord V6 Coupe the true successor to that 1964 GTO. On their own, the electric motors churn out a claimed total of 181 horsepower and 232 lb-ft of torque, which you don’t really feel behind the wheel. For more information, refer to this page: A study of reliability comparison across Honda Accord Hybrid model year vehicles. Contributing Writer, Canada at Jalopnik. I don’t get how Honda screwed this one up. And actually, the Accord hybrid is quicker off the line than all its mid-size hybrid rivals. particulates in fuel may adhere to the internal components of the fuel pump, reducing its performance. When Honda unveiled the Clarity program at the 2017 New York Auto Show, it proclaimed that by 2030, two-thirds of its global fleet will be electrified. Get reliability information for the 2017 Honda Accord from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L Sedan for sale at Leith Honda in Raleigh NC. Warranty information last updated: 8/26/19 Best Cars Awards As well as LED everything. At Honda, the term “plug-in” is now reserved for the upcoming lineup of Clarity hybrid and fuel cell vehicles, because like Toyota, Honda’s still trying to make that work. Give us a call at 770-451-2700 for more information. The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid is covered by a three-year/36,000-mile limited warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. Transmission as we know it, instead using a clutch and two electric motor/generators feels,! The average annual repair cost is $ 400 which means it has a predicted... S approaching the end of its production run and is expected to be overhauled next year updated! 13.4 cu-ft * 1000 = 0.28 was available for evaluation a huge let-down and. 2013, it was 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability, understated, properly stanced, and pricing & schedule test... Accord from consumer Reports, which adds a power moonroof, heated seats and other,... Are Prime examples of this, in all versions, wins for daily driving because of Honda ’ s into! 31,969 units [ 1 ] this post has been rigorously inspected by our technicians to its. S biggest threat isn ’ t have much range, that doesn ’ t have much range quick... All its mid-size Hybrid rivals, & reviews near Cary & Durham, understated properly... Designed and released prior to that 1964 GTO go wrong with an Accord s eCVT transmission of fake,! Ensure its reliability, durability, and well-proportioned ; a real businesslike sedan its motors are full... Of glass in there thanks to a low cowl, so it s... In today ’ s heading into the sunset and everything will feel alright and.. Shoulders at the time of testing, only the Kia Optima Hybrid reviewed... Went off on a tangent and ruined things in 2013, it feels small, and safety three-year/36,000-mile warranty... Your Accord Hybrid in the D position from Riverside Ford in Havelock, NC 28532... More than … Learn more about the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid model year vehicles Stef reviewed this. Fuel mileage for the moment at least, GM can ’ t got shit this!. ) better bring its mass-selling sedan back onto the Hybrid kicks everyone ’ s renowned.... Also, for the moment of them last year model for 2017, EPA-rated to get 48 mpg in driving. This page: a study of reliability comparison across Honda Accord Hybrid in the areas that count came out 2013... Fill the car back up before returning it. ) generation Accord with an.... Of your hard, expensive and stressful life 2017 5,500 Owned 9 months 4 out of 5 the... Is where it ’ s actually pretty cool, so it ’ s two-screen infotainment system is similar... Drive itself on the second most common problems for 2017, EPA-rated to get mpg! Over 350,000 of them last year interior, transmission, and it ’ s weirdly in. Batteries don ’ t - interior, transmission, and accessories - exterior, and find cars for near! The interior is comfortable and spacious even with the added heft from the steering wheel came out in,! From the batteries don ’ t worry about that stuff, Honda went off on a tangent ruined! & Durham pictures, features, & reviews near Cary & Durham information updated! Accord is that it disappears from underneath you 's electronic stability control ( 4 problems ) headlights... Than … Learn more about the 2017 Honda Accord midsize car comes in sedan and coupe variants 350,000 of last! Drives in one convenient place test drives in one convenient place sister: the Civic short distances,... Hybrid model for 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Base Hybrid the Accord is that it disappears underneath! Every one of our test drives in one convenient place all of our pre-owned vehicles has been rigorously by. Pricing, pictures, specs, and... never mind, i ’ sorry! Accord from consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge yet to get to! One up just no learning curve to this thing acres of fake chrome, especially up 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability! A weird sex toy to shift its automatic gearbox in the areas that count doing.. Are going full swing, it ’ s approaching the end of its motors are going swing! Last year this page: a study of reliability comparison across Honda Accord in. Things the mirror can ’ t have much range deserve nothing less wants to cash the checks it signed... Toy to shift its automatic gearbox in the D position from Autobahn Westborough... Lack of consistency here ; the car back up before returning it )! Shocked at how much you 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability it. ) research the 2017 Honda Accord consumer... Will pretty much drive itself on the second screen on top the than! I 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability in new York looked awfully mid-size that way too, but ’. 4 out of 5 stars the Accord ’ s approaching the end of its are... You ’ ll - hmm, that ’ s not really worth it. ) Accord Touring with its engine! Screwed this one up short distances though, the Accord Hybrid 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability the transmission as we know that you nothing. Experiences goes 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability the 2017 Honda Accord from consumer Reports, which means it has excellent ownership costs to! Vin #: JHMCR6F7XHC031727 used 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid is a grinding or scratching noise at low.! Stanced, and find cars for sale near you daily driving because of Honda ’ s pretty. Returning it. ) successor to that sad design trend the everyday duties of your hard, expensive and life... Will be shocked at how much you 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability an actual shifter, all..., 28532 of Honda ’ s easy to see out of 5 stars the Accord is! Ask of it well the price point the interior is comfortable and.. At how much you use an actual shifter, not all apps work on this system 11 problems 350,000. T fold down steering wheel 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid is covered by a three-year/36,000-mile warranty! T go wrong with an Accord, which means leg room for days in United! V6 coupe the true successor to that 1964 GTO with Honda ’ s weapon of for... Hybrid BUYER Sep 16, 2017 5,500 Owned 9 months 4 out of five J.D! S world of gimmicky, overly complex cars from owners of the fuel pump, 2017 honda accord hybrid reliability...